Breastfeeding

AnneliseGott
AnneliseGott Posts: 2 Member
I know breast feeding burns calories is there a way to put that in here so I have an accurate calorie count??

Replies

• FatMomma89
    FatMomma89 Posts: 81 Member
    I am also a breastfeeding momma. I never found a way to do it so i just let it tell me i am over 300 calories. That way i know i am ok.
  • mystic_lili2001
    mystic_lili2001 Posts: 5 Member
    I believe it's 20 calories per ounce you make. Knowing this helped me a lot. I found out too late though, so it has not helped my weight loss. I tended to assume that I made 6 ounces three times a day. Unless you are only pumping or weight your child before and after feedings its difficult to tell.
  • mystic_lili2001
    mystic_lili2001 Posts: 5 Member
    I based my assumption on the fact that I pumped 12 oz in a work shift, though my baby probably consumed more because I nursed at night. Sorry it was a while ago, but if you include a glass or two of juice (which I did) or some other high calorie drink, its really easy to consume the calories you burned creating milk.
  • HHJelly143
    HHJelly143 Posts: 2 Member
    You can search breastfeeding under the food section- I use the one that says "making mommy's milk" or something like that and it deducts 500 calories from your day. I read that 1800 calories a day is a healthy goal for breast-feeding women trying to lose weight.
  • jlsmith1982
    jlsmith1982 Posts: 30 Member
    That's what I went by when I was breastfeeding.
    HHJelly143 wrote: »
    You can search breastfeeding under the food section- I use the one that says "making mommy's milk" or something like that and it deducts 500 calories from your day. I read that 1800 calories a day is a healthy goal for breast-feeding women trying to lose weight.