Discouraged

Options
maleab15
maleab15 Posts: 1 Member
Hi guys,
So I am about 20 years old and really frustrated with my weight. My entire life I had been involved with sports and never needed to worry about my weight. As I finished out high school, I became more focused on academics than sports. As I went into college the famous "freshman fifteen" kicked in but I mentally denied it. I have now gone back to intense workouts (at a place like CrossFit) 5 times a week and count my calories. I have been doing this for over a month now and have not seen the scale budge at all. I'm wondering if there are any tricks or advice you guys have? I am allergic to gluten, dairy, and eggs so I dont think that my diet is a huge problem. My goal is to lose 20 pounds by August 8th for a wedding I am in. Please help!!

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    The scale is not the most accurate metric of health. How are your body measurements progressing? Body fat percent? How are you feeling for the last month? Do you have more energy? Are you tired all the time? Do you feel about the same?
  • JerseyJenn101
    JerseyJenn101 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    maleab15 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    So I am about 20 years old and really frustrated with my weight. My entire life I had been involved with sports and never needed to worry about my weight. As I finished out high school, I became more focused on academics than sports. As I went into college the famous "freshman fifteen" kicked in but I mentally denied it. I have now gone back to intense workouts (at a place like CrossFit) 5 times a week and count my calories. I have been doing this for over a month now and have not seen the scale budge at all. I'm wondering if there are any tricks or advice you guys have? I am allergic to gluten, dairy, and eggs so I dont think that my diet is a huge problem. My goal is to lose 20 pounds by August 8th for a wedding I am in. Please help!!

• JerseyJenn101
    JerseyJenn101 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Down load the "water me" app... It's free and will set a water intake goal for you based on your weight. This app, somehow has me craving water, i compete with myself to meet my daily water goals and keeps me from being hungry... Etc. It does a drink water remove too. It's extremely helpful with staying on track.
  • Sherryfood95
    Sherryfood95 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Heavy weights encourage water retention in your legs. You will look great but may not be as light as some sports. I'm a cyclist and swear that encourages more weight. Running is the sport to burn the fat, plus it dulls the appetite.