What are your favorite IP foods?

kgabriele1993
kgabriele1993 Posts: 25 Member
I generally eat the same things every day: chocolate or cappuccino drink for breakfast, salt&vinegar or BBQ crisps with lunch, and pudding as a snack.

But I'm looking to mix it up a little this next month while I'm on vacation. There are just so many foods that I don't know what to try! So...what are your favorites?

Replies

• Furbzzz
    Furbzzz Posts: 3 Member
    Are you having any restricted items at all? If so the peanut butter bar is BOMB! Even off the program I still eat them. I also like to make a soup from the potato puree packet. I will just use chicken stock instead of water, and make it a soup consistency. On day that im near a stove my favourite thing to do is boil 100grams each of broccoli and cauliflower in chicken stock until soft and then use an immersion blender to puree the veggies with a potato puree packet. Makes the BIGGEST and most satisfying bowl of soup. Its also nice to add some unpureed veggies in for texture. I also liked the maple oatmeal. I found if i added double the hot water and then microwaved it until it absorbed all of the water it made a bigger and more satisfying portion. I did this a lot because I really disliked the soup packets.
    The crispy cereal is a really small portion but if you make it with ice cold water it tastes very good. I have also made "bread" with it where i added 1/2 tsp baking powder and an egg white and crushed the packet to a powder, mix it all up, put it in a square shallow container and microwaved on medium for 2 mins (really watch it because microwaves vary a LOT!) and then i would make "french toast" out of it. I would wait for it to cool, dip it in an egg white and put it in a pan until it was brown on both sides, then ate with walden farms or IP syrup.
    Again, not sure of you are doing restricted items but the brownie is also a nice treat. I liked having it sometimes for breakfast with coffee, but it really it MUCH better it you put it in the microwave unwrapped for 20 seconds or so.
    I would also sometimes throw a vanilla drink mix in the blender with an eggwhite, 1/2 tsp of baking powder and a little water to make a pancake batter consistency and then pour into a pan to make a relatively large pancake. I would eat that with WF or IP syrup.
    If you havent already, join the ideal protein phase 1 support group on facebook. There is a lady on there who has dozens and dozens on recipes and ideas on what to do with packets. I didnt really use them but some people really like doing different things with their packets. Other than the few things mentioned above I just would have the packets as intended. But you can get lots of flavours and extracts to add to your drinks especially the vanilla that really are pretty tasty (think root beer, cherry, cheesecake etc)
  • kgabriele1993
    kgabriele1993 Posts: 25 Member
    Thank you so much! These all sound wonderful! I actually just tried making muffins with the crispy cereal a couple days ago and they turned out pretty good. I can't wait to try some of the other recipes you mentioned! I usually don't eat a lot of restricted items when I'm home (I'll usually get a brownie or something to have as a "treat" once a week or so). But...I'm going to Florida for the next month and since I tend to walk/exercise a whole lot more when I'm there, I just got enough restricteds to have 1/day. Got some of the lemon wafers, the chocolate coconut bars, raspberry chocolate bars, and the chocolate soy puffs to try. And I stocked up on all the "tropical" flavor drinks like pina colada and pineapple banana. I'm so excited to change up my routine and hopefully that will have a positive impact on my weight loss :smiley: