Wanting weightless buddies ( who wants to lose at least 100 lb.)

Options
L0veM3
L0veM3 Posts: 63 Member
I am new to this group, and I am not trying to discriminate against the ones who just need or want to lose like 20 lb. I mean you go girl/boy, but I have let myself go quite a bout and I need/want people who have at lease 100 lb. to lose because thats is the area of what I want and we could work on it together, and with the fact of the great depression I inherited from my dad, (its a strong thing too) I can't have someone that weighs 100 lb. soaking wet telling me I can do the things they can do if I would just try harder. I have arthritis and most of the time I am in pain, but i work through it a lot of the times, just a few times I can't.
With that all being said come one join me friend me, we will have challenges and thing to work together, make it fun.

Replies

• amathist
    amathist Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Haha , love the honesty, I'm needing to loose around 90 pound (50kg) so feel free to add me Hun, can always do with a dose of honesty and humour
  • jessi_gipe
    jessi_gipe Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i need to lose 180 to hit my goal weight and I hear what your saying...add me :)
  • renee2218
    renee2218 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 100. Add me and let's support each other
  • JenksinGA
    JenksinGA Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm 38, have 120 to lose and also have arthritis and degenerative disc disease in my back. I'm quite familiar with pain and trying to work through it. Sometimes it work...sometimes it doesn't. ;)
  • kysugar27
    kysugar27 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in too, I need some support (and a nice kick in the *kitten*!) and have lots of support to give :smile: I need to lose at least 100lbs...WE can do this!
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I have 125 to lose still. I can relate to your pain.

It is so hard to find a balance between people treating you like you can't do anything "just take a set of stairs, or restorative aquasize" and people who don't understand that you are working hard in your workouts, you just physically can't do a push up on your toes or sprint up the stairs yet. It's not an effort thing.
  • bronkeekong
    bronkeekong Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I only have 35 more lbs to lose but I can't jog so I kind of get it. However, whenever someone gives me diet advice, I always, ALWAYS listen to the skinny person.
  • otter_kat
    otter_kat Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Same here.
    I only have 35 more lbs to lose but I can't jog so I kind of get it. However, whenever someone gives me diet advice, I always, ALWAYS listen to the skinny person.

However, did that once a few years ago and ended up trying a spinning class. Broke two bikes at the first class, (all the loosening and tightening got a little carried away and the seat came off one and some side piece off another, not permanent but we did have to search for popped off pieces on the floor) and thought the class members were going to kill me. ;)

• otter_kat
    Options
    Btw. I have about 150 to lose. Kate, from Missouri, age 33. Librarian, mom, redhead, fast food eater, 5'2" 280lbs.

In the past 4 yrs. I've had 2 kids, pregnant fairly close together, so gains with each kid, but no loss in between. These two were my 2nd and 3rd children. After having my first who is 13 now, it took 2 yrs. to lose that and lots of money on group weight loss challenges at the gym, personal training and eating basically chicken breasts, wok veggies and salsa. I don't have the money or time to spend like I did with just one. Looking to focus more on simple clean foods and kick the fast food habit.

Also have hypothyroidism that developed sometime in the last 6 yrs. Meds aren't leveled, but working on it.

Started with Jillian Michaels app, as I love her but found this one to be more comprehensive for food logging. For years I used myfooddiary.com

Right now i am ticked off because my weight is such that I am having trouble with working out and foot pain. Got great new Saucony running shoes for over pronation and some great inserts and still having lots of trouble. Mad at myself for the weight causing these problems which also affect my ability to lose. It seems like the uphill battle is already hard enough...
  • otter_kat
    Options
    I have 125 to lose still. I can relate to your pain.

It is so hard to find a balance between people treating you like you can't do anything "just take a set of stairs, or restorative aquasize" and people who don't understand that you are working hard in your workouts, you just physically can't do a push up on your toes or sprint up the stairs yet. It's not an effort thing.

Totally agree! I remember being able to do those things and it is so frustrating to just struggle against my own body that can't perform. An uphill battle beyond just sweating no and working your muscles.
  • McKerry
    McKerry Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have about 115 lbs to lose. It's been hard trying to break up with sugar and salt aka candy and chips. I don't have any friends using this app or trying to lose weight so all the wonderful people on this site are my favorite :)
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I still have about 100lbs left to lose.
  • jkreutzfeldt
    jkreutzfeldt Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    You can add me- looking for more friends to help motivate each other. I just reached the point where I no longer have over 100 pounds to lose (yay!). I started out at 240, and am down to 209. I'd like to lose around 80-90 more.

Being down 30 pounds so far is great, but I'm waiting for that moment when myself or someone else looks at me and says "wow! You've lost so much weight!"
    I thought I'd be able to notice it more after 30 pounds, but oh well. : )
  • AmasMomma
    AmasMomma Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Rochelle from Oklahoma and I have about 180 lbs. to lose. Please add me!
  • lmarsh81
    lmarsh81 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My Name is Lisa, from Alabama anyone can add me I have 100lbs to lose. I currently weigh 285. I'm wanting to lose weight for health reasons.
  • kywy84
    kywy84 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My name is Kylene from Ontario I need to lose 150lbs. Anyone can feel free to add me as a friend. I am new to the Groups page and discussions but I am sure I will figure it out and feel comfortable sharing with others soon.
  • GatsbyMonroe
    GatsbyMonroe Posts: 3 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me. I am a 31 year old female from Georgia. I am 5'1" and 300 lbs. Need to lose a total of 175 lbs. according to my doctors. I have adolescent onset RA that was diagnosed when I was 15. I also have been a lifelong sufferer of Chronic Pancreatitis. I like to find humor in our journey but I also know that sometimes I just want to talk about how hard it is. The one thing I find when talking with naturally thin people is that they just don't get it. So please feel free to add me if you would like.
  • donnarbolton
    donnarbolton Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I need to drop 126 lbs to reach my goal weight. And on many days I find it hard to get motivated and could use a lot of help. If u want u could add me as a friend cuz to be honest I like someone to tell me to get my *kitten* off the couch and get moving. I also made a page on fb call It's a Life Change Not a Diet if anyone want to join. We all could use the help.
  • ssingley13
    ssingley13 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Sharon. I'm 33 and have 3 wonderful children ages: 2,9 and 11. I have about 100 pounds to lose! Feel free to add me :wink:
  • Rheameg
    Rheameg Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm Megan, 30, wanting to lose 120 :) well 111 now haha