Just discovered the most amazing thing!

Options
Tandis729
Tandis729 Posts: 6 Member
Hi! I've been a lurker for a few months, since I'm new to LCHF (just started in March!). From reading the posts in this discussion group, I've received some wonderful information, so I had to pass this along. :)

Jack Links Small Batch Bacon Jerky No. 9. It's a little bag of bacon!!! My guy found it today, and brought it home as a treat for me. <3 So, while everyone else was eating ice cream after the game tonight, I had bacon! 2 carbs in 1 oz, due to the sugar that is used in their process, but totally worth it to be able to carry bacon in my purse at all times.

I had no idea such a thing existed, so I just had to share. :)

Replies

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Oberto has a bacon jerky you, it's good and only 1g carb I think.
  • Tandis729
    Tandis729 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I had no idea! I'm going to have to find it. Thanks :)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    The Oberto one is soft and floppy and tastes uncooked. I don't know about you, but my bacon better be crispy or don't bother. Every time I tried to eat it, I kept wanting to cook it first.

As a point of reference, pre-cooked bacon can be carried in your purse all day as long as you aren't out in the heat without much risk of anything due to the salt content.

I'll look for the Jack Links stuff though, as that sounds interesting to try!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    This made me giggle because I can only imagine all the dogs in the neighborhood following me around if I was carrying bacon in my purse!!
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    deksgrl wrote: »
    This made me giggle because I can only imagine all the dogs in the neighborhood following me around if I was carrying bacon in my purse!!

Or all the stray men too ;) lol
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

LOL, well typically the dogs have a much keener sense of smell..... the men would have to see it since they are visual creatures.

• danidanibobani
    danidanibobani Posts: 125 Member
    Options

Ha!
  • Teneko
    Teneko Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    For the stray men, I think you'd need to dangle the bacon off your bag like a charm. ;)
    7q12h0wmhhe8.jpg

But yeah, I spotted the bacon jerky and thought it might be a neat option if I was out and about and needed something.
    Although, I would probably rather carry a pack of Trader Joe's precooked bacon slices instead.

-T.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Teneko wrote: »
    For the stray men, I think you'd need to dangle the bacon off your bag like a charm. ;)
    7q12h0wmhhe8.jpg

But yeah, I spotted the bacon jerky and thought it might be a neat option if I was out and about and needed something.
    Although, I would probably rather carry a pack of Trader Joe's precooked bacon slices instead.

-T.

LOL!

Yeah that's what I thought too, the oberto was cheap though and on sale, but after eating some I was like, well we could just get precooked bacon. We left it in the hot car for a few hours when at the car show, it was super good after that though lol, all warm and juicy, I'm drooling just thinking about it.