LCHF, Keto with open diaries!

Options
Goooosfraba333
Goooosfraba333 Posts: 51 Member
I am pretty new to cutting carbs. It started with just slowly cutting out SOME breads, pastas and potatoes. I then decided to actually limit myself to a percentage of my daily calories. Was super easy at 30%...roughly 150g a day. I decided to just start really diving in, so starting today, my limit is about 70g. I'm hoping that every week I can lower it by 10g until I hit my sweet spot.... Which I don't even know how I'll know...Lol. Still learning as I go.

ANYWAY, I was SO hoping that some of you guys with open diaries wouldn't mind adding me so I could see how you all do it. I really think that once I get into ketosis and my body adjusts that this could be a really awesome lifestyle for me. Any and all support helps...and honestly...outside of this group I've seen quite a bit of low carb bashing that just totally put me off...so I dare not bite out there. :wink:

Replies

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I'll add you. I'm low carb, did a month of keto and have most days still keto level but since higher here and there.
  • Goooosfraba333
    Goooosfraba333 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Accepted! Thank you!
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    You can add me. Friends can see my diary. I usually NET between 15-30. :)
  • kuulmamma
    kuulmamma Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Depression has me eating bad now. Friday is my goal fix day so I can lose the depression too. Low carb helps the depression for me.
  • azcowgirrlup
    azcowgirrlup Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You can add me, too. My carbs are set at 15 grams a day, today I had 3 carbs
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well :)
  • jennybird99
    jennybird99 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Um.
    I'd love to see others diaries, and have no problem with anyone seeing mine.
    But the reason I want to see others' is so I can improve and get ideas.
    I don't want to eat powders or substitutes, but just more good for me and less of not-so-good.
    If I may add any of you, how do I do it?
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I aim for 30-50 net carbs a day.
    Um.
    I'd love to see others diaries, and have no problem with anyone seeing mine.
    But the reason I want to see others' is so I can improve and get ideas.
    I don't want to eat powders or substitutes, but just more good for me and less of not-so-good.
    If I may add any of you, how do I do it?

Click on the person's profile, and there's a little person with a plus sign on it (at least, on the app). Click that to send a friend request, you can write a message if you want.
  • KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Any low carber is welcome to add me. My carbs are set at 20g, I'm usually under that.
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. I don't 'do' Friends, but you should be able to view the diary without friending. I'm in Australia so some of the brand names (and foods?) may not mean much to you, but I pretty much each whole foods that need no explanation.
  • jumanajane
    jumanajane Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me or just look at my diary which is open. My carbs are set at 18gm which I usually manage under.
  • tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you are free to add me, but since I live in Norway, some things will have Norwegian names....
  • lmanes1
    lmanes1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I have an open diary.
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me :)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I haven't logged my food for several weeks, but did for the first few months. I did, and still am pretty much, ZC, so you could look back at April and May if you choose to. I'm sending op and Jenny a friend request. Good luck to y'all! :smiley:
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me. My dairay is open to friends. I log daily and fluctuate between low carb and zero carb, mostly 20 g carbs or under.
  • MelodySmith511
    MelodySmith511 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me MelodySmith511
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, my diary is open to friends, I try to stay under 20 net carbs, I do my best to log everything I eat so I can see what I was eating when I lost the most/least.
  • ellemarie231
    ellemarie231 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like. I don't do/focus on Keto, but I practice a LCHF Primal/Paleo lifestyle.

My general advice for "low carbing" (assuming you're not avoiding carbs from veggies) is to switch out some for your refined foods with veggie alternatives.

Example: Cauliflower rice > white rice

Spaghetti Squash and/or veggie noodles > pasta