Just wondering if anyone is still using the Loop and happy with it or upgraded to something else?

Options
VegasFit
VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
I haven't been able to sync in over a month. Not sure why I even bother anymore. Have updated app and software through desktop but nothing has worked.

Replies

• cocochannel02
    cocochannel02 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have had my loop for a while now & I am able to sync daily... I did recently purchase a Garmin Vivoactive since I want to train for a triathlon, but I was a bit upset it didn't provide the "all day" activity tracking like the polar loop. I now wear the loop for everyday activities & both devices when I run/bike/swim.
  • VegasFit
    Options
    I was looking at the Garmin vivofit I think it is since the chest strap from the polar works with it. I was thinking of that or the Fitbit because it would be nice to link mfp. I do love my garmin forerunner. I guess no product is prefect. Congrats on having a tri as a goal!
  • VegasFit
    Options
    Looks like I can sync data but only from my desktop. I just lowered my settings to the lowest activity setting possible since if I wear it it won't be for training anymore. See how that goes.
  • Numb5kull
    Numb5kull Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I quit using mine, gave it to one of my kids. I'm using a Pebble currently and the Misfit app on that. Works better than the loop ever did.
  • VegasFit
    Options
    Numb5kull wrote: »
    I quit using mine, gave it to one of my kids. I'm using a Pebble currently and the Misfit app on that. Works better than the loop ever did.

I just ordered the Garmin Vivosmart. I got a good year out of the Loop before it stop syncing with Droid. I'm looking forward to having a tracker that works and syncs properly. Lol.

• mrsethtaylor
    mrsethtaylor Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've been using my loop for awhile now, mostly like it but if they don't come out with android integration I'll be getting something different. I know the data syncs once a day but by then I can't use it to count my workout activity into my food plan.
  • VegasFit
    Options
    I've been using my loop for awhile now, mostly like it but if they don't come out with android integration I'll be getting something different. I know the data syncs once a day but by then I can't use it to count my workout activity into my food plan.

You have more patience than me! Lol. I do like the multiple syncs a day with the Garmin and it auto updating my workouts.
  • lesliemiller328
    lesliemiller328 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My Polar Loop does not sync properly. I have to disconnect and reconnect everyday if I want to sync them. I don't know if it's a benefit of going through the hassle of syncing polar with MFP - other than seeing everything in one place, is there another benefit I'm missing? For example, if you walk 10k steps (or whatever amount of steps in a day), it's doesn't seem like you get "credit" for that activity in MFP as exercise... Am I wrong?
  • FitFunFabulousNicole
    Options
    @lesliemiller328 Is it working now? Mine got fixed last night
  • puddintot
    puddintot Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just bought mine (used for only $25) last night. Any suggestions? I don't see a place to sync with mfp. Unless I'm missing something.
  • _Corydoras_
    _Corydoras_ Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I really like Polar Loop as itself. Connects well with my heart rate belt, I like computer app and it syncs well with cable. But if you want to only sync with phone via Bluetooth, it's very slow... Also with android no connectivity to myfitnesspal which is real shame. Because of this I've also started to dislike that myfitnesspal doesn't tell me how much it thinks I'm burning calories per day, so there's no way for me to fix activity calories manually either... Thinking of changing away from myfitnesspal actually.
  • VegasFit
    Options
    puddintot wrote: »
    I just bought mine (used for only $25) last night. Any suggestions? I don't see a place to sync with mfp. Unless I'm missing something.

I'm not sure it even syncs with MFP. One of the reasons I no longer use it.
  • VegasFit
    Options
    I really like Polar Loop as itself. Connects well with my heart rate belt, I like computer app and it syncs well with cable. But if you want to only sync with phone via Bluetooth, it's very slow... Also with android no connectivity to myfitnesspal which is real shame. Because of this I've also started to dislike that myfitnesspal doesn't tell me how much it thinks I'm burning calories per day, so there's no way for me to fix activity calories manually either... Thinking of changing away from myfitnesspal actually.

I have an Android too and Polar kept promising updates but it got to the point I couldn't sync at all. I'm using a Garmin now and very happy it.
  • amazurkiewicz
    amazurkiewicz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I had a Polar Loop and loved it and was thrilled when they finally got it to sync with My Firness Pal (MFP). I then bought a Fitbit Charge HR because I wanted a band that would measure heart rate. I gave the Loop to my husband and he loves it as well. The Fitbit gave me a really bad rash on my wrist. To Fitbit's credit, they agreed to give me a full refund. I just bought a Polar 360. It arrived yesterday. I wore it to the gym today and wore it in the pool (it's waterproof) and I absolutely love it. It measures my heart rate during workouts, counts steps, distance, calories burned, amount of active time and does much more. I also like the app. It's great to be back to a Polar product.