July 1st in Australia

Options
LeenaGee
LeenaGee Posts: 749 Member
edited July 2015 in Social Groups
I haven't thought this post through but hey it is the start of a new month, a new financial year and one of my best friend's turned 60 last night and my 60th is coming up shortly and I want to look gorgeous for it.

So I started the day with a fresh smoothie and I intend to continue eating healthy food and cut out as much added sugar as I can. No more biscuits with my cup of tea or just that one piece of chocolate which we all know leads to more and more. My husband has been on long service leave and our eating habits have changed for the worst because even though I am still working, I have slipped into holiday mode and I need to change that. I normally follow a Paleo style diet and I need to return to that as I always feel so amazing when I don't eat grains, especially wheat.

I intend to start weighing food (and I may even start logging :p ) as I know I am eating far too much and I have to stop NOW!!

Replies

• nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    New month, new start. A milestone birthday is good incentive.
  • LeenaGee
    Options
    Exactly!! I think panic sets in. :)
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    You should really giving logging a go. I think it's the primary reason for my success. It is a little time consuming at first, but once you enter something, it stays in your database. As time goes by, you have less first time entries and logging becomes very simple. Make sure to use the barcode feature for any packaged goods, makes it very simple.
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Great start to July.. I look forward to seeing you progress :) we are here to support you all the way x
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    Logging really helped me realize how much I was eating. I am not quite as strict as I was, but seem to place! Good luck to you?
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    that's very nice!
  • LeenaGee
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I am off to a great start and feel I have the right mental attitude to do this. I bought some measuring cups yesterday and the scales are out on the bench so I am ready to go. :)
  • LeenaGee
    Options
    It is certainly a little bit of an eye opener when you start measuring as you begin to see exactly where you are over eating. It is time consuming at the moment but slowly I am building up a data base and I can see how eventually it will be become a lot easier.

And I have DEFINITELY been overeating and am working out ways to change that and still have a healthy diet.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Good for you!