Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Tailbone

loriloftness
loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
I know this is weird, but since losing weight I think I feel my tailbone all the time and it is strange or uncomfortable to sit on it sometimes. Please tell me someone else has experienced this?

Replies

• 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    Oh gosh, yes. I have all sorts of butt bones I had no idea were there!

I also seem to have acquired a little fat deposit or cyst at the base of my spine which hurts to sit on. I want to get it removed, but I'm afraid it's going to mess too much with my running.
  • JeanneMarie11111
    JeanneMarie11111 Posts: 57 Member
    the other day I was laying on the floor in the kitchen trying to get a toy out from under the stove, for our Kitty. I thought I was going to die down there; omg it hurt so bad. I guess I used to have much more padding on my hip. Needless to say the cat enjoyed it immensely, I was her personal jungle gym for a little bit. I think we are all losing weight in unexpected places. Hips, knees and tailbones.
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Yeah. No butt left. It hurts to sit sometimes. Just try to find a cushioned chair when you can. :)
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    yep, no butt left and sitting for long periods gets painful with no cushioning remaining
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Its hard to get comfortable. I had an accident when I was younger which broke my tailbone and it healed incorrectly so it has always been an issue but now it is sooooo uncomfortable. I tend to shift on the sides of my butt when I sit.
  • maureenkirah
    maureenkirah Posts: 11 Member
    I knotice it when I sit in the bath.
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Had to purchase cushions for my wooden kitchen chairs!
  • chip305
    chip305 Posts: 63 Member
    OMG YES! I am always complaining about it now, especially laying flat in bed at night, who would have thought there were bones under all that flab! lol
  • kglowins
    kglowins Posts: 111 Member
    I went and had x-rays done because I have constant pain there. My doctor said that everything looks normal...I just don't have any cushion there now...
  • CatKaren
    CatKaren Posts: 19 Member
    Your going to find all sorts of bones. I have hip bones, ribs, shoulder blades, arm bones, ginger bones, a
  • nowucme
    nowucme Posts: 88 Member
    I noticed it today doing the recumbent bike at the gym. Couldn't get comfortable.
  • lorilbuckner1
    lorilbuckner1 Posts: 172 Member
    Your definitely not alone!! I really notice it in the bath tub!
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Oh my yes, I feel bones in all areas and tailbone is no different. It has gotten better as I am getting used to it, but when doing crunches and leaning back on my lower back tail area it hurts. No more padding there!! I have been doing squats with weights and step ups to build muscle in the glute area so I have that, but so far still skinny butt..... I never thought that would ever apply to me, but it has.
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    OMG yes! I had to sit through a 2 hour long orientation class the other day on a hard plastic chair and thought I was going to go crazy! Long car rides are not as enjoyable anymore either, have to constantly shift around to try to get comfortable, I feel your pain lol
  • boomerkae
    boomerkae Posts: 217 Member
    So glad I checked the boards today.
    YES!! I find it so uncomfortable! I really have a hard time doing any floor exercises. I tried a video one day, and sit ups, crunches, and some stretches - I couldn't do it since the bone pain was so bad!