Cosmetic surgery

Options
Itreadlightly
Itreadlightly Posts: 87 Member
Has anyone considered this for sagging neck and jaw? I decided to do it.
The better I felt from working out working out and eating better the worse I felt about my neck. It got even saggier after the 20 pound weight loss.
I consulted with 2 plastic surgeons and decided to have a neck and mini facelift with fat injections.
I am six days post op– That's why I haven't been logging in because I've been recovering from the surgery.
Even though I am swollen and bruised I look I thousand percent better than I did the day before I went in.
Not an easy decision and certainly not easy to recover from.
I think (?) I am glad I did it *but* knowing what it entails I don't think I could do it again. There is a certain anger "why did I have to have surgery to be able to accept my body"
Lots of free floating thoughts- too late now- it's done. Maybe tomorrow I will be more positive about it.

Replies

• Itreadlightly
    Itreadlightly Posts: 87 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    The after pic is 6 days post op. I am posting this in case anyone here wants to see the difference. My neck has been going for awhile- the weight loss made it worse.
    pqtdi62968o1.jpg
    jsh9wit7ybw8.jpg
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I say, if you're able to do it, and it will help you feel better about yourself.. WHY NOT! :)

A friend of mine, who is a few years younger, never really had a weight problem but she had always had a double chin. She had a few nips and tucks, with nobody the wiser (she was on vacation during her recovery). Afterward, people kept asking if she'd lost weight.

As far as I'm concerned, it's something nice you do for yourself, like.. a mani-pedi. But. More complicated.
    Good luck with your recovery. I hope you're treating yourself to a nice new haircut and style when you're fully recovered.

<3

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    If it made you feel better, why not. This is the most popular surgery in Chile among "women of a certain age" my friend from there told me. Plastic surgery is common there, but they think this takes the most years off. Their necks are why scarves are so popular in Europe among the same women's age group. They wear them well too.

I have a "thing" about hospitals and surgery, so I will keep adding to my scarves collection.

But enjoy it. It does look good :)
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Amazing results. So glad you are pleased with results as you should be.

If I started fixing all my problem areas, it would take lots of surgeries and lots of $.
  • wandakc
    wandakc Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I think it is great, I see nothing wrong with cosmetic surgery, esp. if it is a real boost to one's self esteem. I have had 5 C/S and with my weight fluctuations I have a " pannus " ( ? spelling ) that just hangs of the end of my abdomen. I really want to have a abdominoplasty to have it removed. It is uncomfortable and in hot summer days I have trouble with " heat rash " and irritation. I cannot do it until I get to my goal weight, I probebly gave TMI but just thought I would share ;)
  • bvifun
    bvifun Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your results. I had not considered this but now I'm thinking.... You do look better and younger so I hope you feel better too. I'm considering my eyes because the upper lids droops so much more since I lost weight.
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    To me it's great the option is there. I took a friend for her face work to a doc in Tacoma, and at first she was down on the experience and results. After a bit, she was very happy she had done it. Really have wanted for years to have my upper eyelids done because they sag the way my dad's did. Plan to look into cost.
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I see absolutely nothing wrong with a little nip and tuck. When people have so much surgery and/or botox that they have that frozen face syndrome or perpetually swollen look, well that is a different issue. But yours looks great! Congrats!!! Personally, I still have a long way to go with weight loss plus am dealing with other medical problems first, so I have been doing a couple of the exercises for the neck area that I found on Youtube. They take just a few minutes so I tossed them into the routine. I don't really expect to see any results until I have lost more weight, but what the heck!
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I have another friend who had her eyelids lifted. The difference was amazing. Before, she always looked sleepy, cranky...OLD. But afterward, her beautiful blue eyes were revealed and it made a HUGE difference in her appearance. Again. Nobody could figure out what she'd done.

• mangotango
    mangotango Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Had to add my two cents on this. I had my eyelids done on St. Patrick's Day. Wonderful results - I too had the sleepy, cranky, tired look. Gone now! Recovery was easy. Gel pads soaked in ice water for about 3 days, minimal swelling and almost no bruising - piece of cake! Discomfort no pain. But I kept the best for last ladies....Blue Cross picked up the tab! How cool is that! I had to go for peripheral vision testing and have docs office submit to BCBS. My side vision was getting restricted per the test. I couldn't tell that but eyes looked at half mast all the time. BCBS rejected it twice and gave approval about 3 months before I was going on Medicare. Boy did I get it scheduled quick! Anyway - worked great for me. So check with your doc office and insurance (doc said Medicare will not cover procedure). I am very happy I got it done and the persistence paid off. Glad to answer any questions if I left something out.

LOL -This emoticon shows me before and after in one little symbol.
  • mangotango
    mangotango Posts: 64 Member
    Options
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    You really look wonderful! I would, but, don't want to pay the $$$$. I must admit, I've really started taking better care of my skin since starting this journey and think that the firming/smoothing cream I use has helped some. Nothing like your result though! You look great!
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Charlie, Thank You. I found the cremes that were close to what you found at CVS. We don't have a CVS nearby.