Not a good weekend

Options
FaithMathias
FaithMathias Posts: 56 Member
I really overate even when I tired to eat healthy this weekend.

Replies

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    If you ate low carb, at least the damage and set-back will be minimal.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    You have a choice to make; continue the overeating path or choose what you know is right. You can't change the choices you've already made, but you can change your future with your choices today! Put it behind you. Hang in there! :smile:
  • liveyourlifex
    liveyourlifex Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    If you ate low carb, at least the damage and set-back will be minimal.

if you overeat, is it better to overeat on fats and protein instead of carbs? or is it ok to eat a lot of carbs once in a while
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    If you are going to overeat, which is not ideal, but let's ignore that point then fats and protein with no or minimal carbs would be the least fattening. The protein will still raise insulin and some of the fat will likely end up stored, but it should be less than if you had the massive insulin spike from carbs. You'll also experience less water weight gain.
  • FaithMathias
    Options
    I did pretty bad today but I cannot turn back its done. I will walk at 7:00 p.m. for my hour and I will start over tomorrow. This was not normal for me I am normally under calories and under carb. Not sure what I should do about carbs, my fit say one thing for recommend but most people say they are 30-50mg. for carbs a day. I am just trying to figure this thing out. Some of the issue is I am not a big eater at all but for some reason I was so hungry today it was light food sandwiches but I got so much carb and calories from them for lunch and dinner to I exceed my limit for both carbs and calories today. Funny, I just thought about what got me in trouble, I had a Panera Bread Mediterran Sandwich and I did not get satisfy in my vegetarian days it was fine. But, now with how to eat meat I was so hungry which lead to me eating a tuna sandwich.
  • toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Thank you for reaching out for support in this forum. You will get lots of it here including mine. I think we all have days when we think we are overeating, but if you are eating healthy and your body wants more healthy food, I think it best to eat more than to resist. For me, restriction leads to bad eating choices and binges.
  • FaithMathias
    Options
    Thank you toadqueen.
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Chin up, brush yourself off and start again NOW! Don't wait till tomorrow. Make your next meal a good choice, have a good walk, drink lots of water and have a good sleep :)
  • KeithF6250
    KeithF6250 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H5uWRjFsGc
    The usual advice is that you should listen to your body regarding hunger signals but I think you have to listen to your brain as well. I'm very much a learner at this but I'll throw in my 2 cents worth as well. Plan for the eventuality that you will get hungry sometime and how you will deal with it. Have a supply of fat or fat/protein snacks available and in measurable quantities.
    This weekend was a strong temptation for going off plan. Saturday night I found my stomach growling despite a dinner which was mostly a double portion of ribs and a low carb salad. I blame the planned beer plus an unplanned beer and an unplanned wine. I surveyed the available left overs, picked a burger and then warmed only half. Tummy was quiet for the rest of the night. If I had tried to have a half portion of chips I know myself well enough to know that it would have been a half bag or more, an uncomfortable tummy and feeling lousy in the morning. Sunday night brought more hunger pains which I blame on holdover from Saturday. That time it took 2 cheese sticks. This morning I'm more than an hour past my normal breakfast time and I'm feeling no hunger yet.
  • jamieandjason
    jamieandjason Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I hear you. This weekend i was away for our Anniversary and I started out strong but by yesterday i at a crepe with nutella and fresh strawberries and bananas it was delish but then i proceeded to eat chips and some tootsie rolls when i got home. I am annoyed at myself however I find it fascinating how carbs especially sugar and flour drive me to eat..its crazy. Just a bump in the road I am not going to let it derail me like I have in the past.
  • SlimBride2Be
    SlimBride2Be Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Although the carb related hunger dies down in the first couple of weeks of LCHF, I have personally found it took 6 to 7 weeks to totally disappear. Stick with the plan and hold on tight - I promise it gets better and an awful lot easier.