Fall '15 babies

Options

Replies

• poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I'm with Helen. All of a sudden meals make me feel awful. Like after thanksgiving stuffed. It's gross, but I feel full up in my throat! I'm learning I've got to graze, which is totally not my style! I love a big plate of food... but man. I feel so icky all of a sudden. Also think heartburn is about to set in. I had it bad last time, and thought I might be in the clear but guess it's just a later onset!

I havnt been good this week, with food choices or logging. Need to get back in the mindset.
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I'm the same Poke.

Today I'm up 5lb!!! We have had a bit of a heat wave and my feet were swollen yest so hoping it will go down again! I'm sure I haven't gained 5lb in a few days! Lol
  • KristenE83
    KristenE83 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    @helenmelon29 @poke987 I've had a few days like that but they seem so long ago lol My plan today is to try to chug water between meals, load up on fruits and veggies, and wait for actual hunger (which is surprisingly tricky right now).

On a random note, I'm down 4 lbs this morning! If any of you have seen my log from yesterday you would know how ridiculous that is lol Just goes to show how water weight can fluctuate. It was actually a nice reminder to take the weight gain with a grain of salt... after the birth I'm sure I will lose a ton of water. THEN I will actually know how much fat I need to lose... til then I'm just going to do my best and not take it to seriously.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    JustAnotherGirlSuzanne Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I've been filling up quickly too, but I can eat constantly which is really no good for me since grazing too much all day long is how I got to the place where I needed to join MFP.

It's tricky when I go out to someone's house for dinner because I can only eat so much and then afterwards I snack on whatever is served -- which is usually chips, cookies, candy, etc.

I'm up a couple pounds today, but yesterday was a holiday here and I'm hoping it's all the sodium filled foods from yesterday. Lol
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Here's something ridiculous....

I still haven't bought any maternity clothes, and am primarily wearing my long, stretchy tank tops and yoga pants. I tried to put on one of my own t-shirts today, and it only went about halfway over my belly, so instead I am wearing MY SON'S. I am so pregnant, I had to wear my kid's clothes.

On that note, is anyone else taking measurements in addition to tracking weight? I've been doing weekly waist measurements, and I've gone from 23.5" pre-pregnancy to 36.75" at 31 weeks!
  • RosieRaz
    RosieRaz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    That's funny that your kid's clothes fit better. :) I can only wear maternity at this point. I just took my waist measurement at it shows 42" pre-baby and 46" currently. That doesn't make sense to me because I'm so much bigger, but maybe 4" makes a difference???

Yes, I will definitely work on grazing and eating more veggies as snacks.
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I had to buy maternity clothes as I need quite formal for work so no way I would fit in them!
    I'm still wearing my normal leggings and vest tops - I always feel scruffy. I'm not buying load of new stuff tho!

I don't know my measurements. Rosie 4'' doesn't sound much but I have no idea.

Does anyone have or plan to buy a baby carrier? I'm looking at the Egrobaby 360. It's quite expensive but can justify as don't need cot/ pram/ bouncy chair/ baby bag. etc etc.

Also- personal question- have you kept up your normal shaving/ waxing etc of your 'lady area'. I have so far but wondering if I can be bothered! Can't remember what I did last time! Lol. Doubt midwife will be too bothered?

Helen

• JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    I have a baby carrier but I never really used it. I suspect I will use it more with this one since I will have two under two though.

I am still keeping up with my grooming... but around 30 weeks last time I just let it go wild. Lol no one said anything to me about it.
  • KristenE83
    Options
    Lol Summer... Swapping to your sons clothes is genius if you fit!!!! Smart girl.

I needed maternity clothes too pretty early on. I can still wear a few tops and yoga pants but for the most part I need the belly room. My belly is getting really big... However, everyone keeps saying that I look really good (healthy) which is nice. Cuz I think this 30+lb gain is in mostly my belly and a bit of water weight in my thighs.

In regards to the lady area...I can't reach well anymore. Ugh. I know the doctors/nurses don't care but I will still try to freshen up before baby time. Poor hubby tho lol jk

So revelation of the day: alAs you all know I feel like I have been eating nonstop. But I've been logging everything without shame anyways cuz I want to know the "damage". Well, I realized this morning that I never correctly calculated my cals. My doctor said to set it to maintenance and add 200 cals per baby. So I just fixed it and coming to find out that's almost exactly what I have been eating anyways!!!! And here I was thinking oh crap I ate too much again. I think I've been constantly starving cuz I actually wasn't eating enough calories, accidentally. So moral of the story: trust your body!
  • summer8it
    Options
    Happy 4th to all the US mamas, and to everyone outside the US, enjoy your Saturday!

Since this is a big pool-party type holiday, our discussion of grooming is timely. I invested in laser treatments for my bikini line a few years ago, and I am SO GLAD I did! I got a deal through Groupon, and it was quite possibly the best $100 I ever spent. At this point I don't know if I could do a good job of shaving.

I'm finding I don't need to shave my legs as often as I did Before - the hair is growing half as fast as it used to, but my nails are growing very fast. Old wives tale says that indicates I'm carrying a girl... we'll see!
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    It only costs $100 to never have to shave that area again ??? I had no idea it was that cheap!

I'm only at 24 weeks and baby is kicking hard enough that I can see my stomach moving! I'm curious (and a little scared, to be honest) of how hard he will be kicking 16 weeks from now! Lol
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I've been a bit quiet because I'm still currently on vacation in Japan. I haven't been tracking my food for the obvious reason of mostly not knowing what everything is, but I honestly feel like I've been under eating since I got here (don't have those temptations that I have in my own home to snack all day!). My husband has even started to nag at me cause he thinks I'm not eating enough, but I just don't feel very hungry.

I'm curious what my weight will be like when I get home in 5 days but it's tons of walking so I've probably been more active than I was as home. Pretty significant round ligament pain with all the long distance walking, but I'm trucking along. Hope you all are doing well!
  • RosieRaz
    RosieRaz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I had no idea it was that cheap either. I may have to look at groupon now and request it as my xmas gift lol.
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies -I'm a bit late.

Tiffany - Due November 18th (will have a repeat c-section, so it will likely be sooner), gender TBD on 7/20 at our anatomy scan [will be 22w5d], I have three sons who will be almost 13, 10, and 7 when this LO is born.

Best of luck ladies! :)
  • katiebrew
    katiebrew Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    @summer8it I am in awe that you haven't needed maternity clothes... I think I've already said a few times on here that it was 10 weeks for me and boom, I was switching to maternity pants! I was just feeling so fluffy and bloated!

@helenmelon29 I would love to have an ergo 360! I bought a regular ergo for my son and plan on using it a lot more this time around... I wish the 360 model was being produced when I had my son As would have preferred it for sure, he was so nosy and with the ergo I have you cant forward face! Another one a lot of my mommy friends have and love is a beco... My cousin also swears by her Tula.

My grooming is definitely going downhill as it gets harder and harder to reach and manoeuvre... Good to know I'm not alone haha!

As it is now, I am 29 weeks tomorrow and I feel huge.... I was feeling pretty good until last week. I have hit a wall! Need to nap every day, struggling to make myself exercise (even though I promise myself it only has to be 20 minutes) and overeating like CRAZY even though I know I'm not really hungry and don't need the extra calories (my daily goal is set to a generous 2000 already!). Will continue to try to get back on track but haven't gotten on the scale in about a week - will be interesting to see what it says tomorrow although my weight seems to bounce up and down, up and down.

I am on summer vacation and have so many projects I thought I would be zooming through but am struggling with those too... Generally feeling overwhelmed. Eating a healthy but yummy lunch and then am going to go try to tackle one of said projects for an hour in hopes of making a significant dent :) wish me luck!
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Roll Call:

summer8it (Summer), due 1 Sep, baby's gender unknown. Also have one son, age 12.

katiebrew (Katie), due Sept 22 (with C-Section scheduled for Sept 16) with a baby girl :). Also have one son, age 22 months.

NWright612 (Natalie), due October 27

JustAnotherGirlSuzanne (Suzanne), due October 23 with a baby boy. I also have a 12 month old girl.

Helenmelon29 (Helen), due 17 September with baby girl. Also have son, nearly 3 years

Rose, due Oct 23 (C-Section Oct 16), boy. Also have one son, age 2.

Shannon, due Oct 30 with baby boy. Our first little one :)

sarieth05 (Stephanie), due November 3rd, boy, first child.

Poke987 (Alex) due Sept 18th, c-section scheduled TBD baby boy #3. Sons 5.5, almost 3 and fyll time bonus son 13 + bonus daughters 15 and 18

KristenE83 (Kristen) due Oct 22nd with twin boys, can't go past Oct 8th but docs will take them via c-sec anytime after 34 weeks should "anything" arise. Also have 4 year old son.

tiffanylacourse (Tiffany) - Due November 18th (will have a repeat c-section, so it will likely be sooner), gender TBD on 7/20 at our anatomy scan [will be 22w5d], I have three sons who will be almost 13, 10, and 7 when this LO is born.

There - I think I did it right this time. lol ;)
  • scoopskipotato
    scoopskipotato Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Roll Call:

summer8it (Summer), due 1 Sep, baby's gender unknown. Also have one son, age 12.

katiebrew (Katie), due Sept 22 (with C-Section scheduled for Sept 16) with a baby girl :). Also have one son, age 22 months.

NWright612 (Natalie), due October 27

JustAnotherGirlSuzanne (Suzanne), due October 23 with a baby boy. I also have a 12 month old girl.

Helenmelon29 (Helen), due 17 September with baby girl. Also have son, nearly 3 years

Rose, due Oct 23 (C-Section Oct 16), boy. Also have one son, age 2.

Shannon, due Oct 30 with baby boy. Our first little one :)

sarieth05 (Stephanie), due November 3rd, boy, first child.

Poke987 (Alex) due Sept 18th, c-section scheduled TBD baby boy #3. Sons 5.5, almost 3 and fyll time bonus son 13 + bonus daughters 15 and 18

KristenE83 (Kristen) due Oct 22nd with twin boys, can't go past Oct 8th but docs will take them via c-sec anytime after 34 weeks should "anything" arise. Also have 4 year old son.

tiffanylacourse (Tiffany) - Due November 18th (will have a repeat c-section, so it will likely be sooner), gender TBD on 7/20 at our anatomy scan [will be 22w5d], I have three sons who will be almost 13, 10, and 7 when this LO is born.

scoopskipotato (Tyler...yes I have a boys name) due Sept 18th, gender unknown, have one daughter who will be 2 in October.
  • KristenE83
    Options
    Welcome to the group Tiffany and Tyler!

A miracle happened today.... I got in my 8 cups of water and am on number 9 right now lol It's actually helping keep me "full". I'm still hungry all day but its way more manageable. Hopefully I can keep it up.

Also, I cracked and bought a fitbit zip today! I need help getting motivated to move. I'm getting pretty large baby-wise and am sitting a lot. I figured it might help me motivate to just get up and move more in general. If anyone wants to be my fitbit friend let me know!
  • summer8it
    Options
    Welcome, Tiffany and Tyler! Tyler, you and I are the only ones who haven't found out the gender. It'll be a good motivation to get through labor -- I'll be able to find out who this is!

Katie, I might not have bought maternity clothes, but that does NOT mean I'm wearing all of my normal clothes. I last wore jeans at 9 weeks! It's been all yoga pants, drawstring shorts, loose elastic waist skirts, and knit dresses. I work from home, so I can get away with sloppy attire. I never got around to getting rid of my pre-MFP clothes, so some of those have come in handy (especially the ancient, stretched out underwear!)

I think I'm in full nesting mode now, but it's taken the form of obsessively thrift-shopping for furniture. On Friday I bought a new coffee table for our house -- we'd been wanting an Asian style dining table, the kind you use sitting on the floor -- and I found an awesome one, solid hardwood from Thailand. Forty bucks! When I came back from the store, I told my husband about some of the other things I'd seen, and at his encouragement I went back to the store and bought a different coffee table for our rental house and an end table/cabinet for our living room to coordinate with the wood color of the coffee table. The end table was only $5! But the top of it was in rough shape, so I spent much of yesterday refinishing it. I still need to polyurethane it, but stuff takes FOREVER to dry in the Florida humidity. I feel like I've lost my mind! Furniture crazy!
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    Welcome to the new members! :) glad to have you here!

My nesting is kicking in too. It's a bit early for it though (24 weeks) so I hope that doesn't mean I won't have any energy at the end! I bought some paint and I'm eager to spruce up our spare room so my daughter can move in there when baby arrives. I've organized baby boys new clothes by size and I've been putting away too small/too big items for my daughter. Suddenly I've taken an interest in my flowerbeds and the interior decor of our house and, miraculously, my house is keeping itself clean. I don't understand how this can happen when I feel so much more tired than I do when I'm not pregnant, but im kind of figuring, whatever, as long as it's happening. :)