Fall '15 babies

Options

Replies

• JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    JustAnotherGirlSuzanne Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I'm do glad your rash is healing! Three cheers for small mercies! And good luck on yur marathon! :)
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Summer8if - wow extra house, sounds great. Do you need to do much to it or just ready to use?

Poke - I think the kids swap better than you think they are going to. Hope thats the case anyways. We have been staying away from home for last 4/5 weeks as lambing time and Isaac been ok in diff room and house.
    Glad the rash is settling down, do they think they will get rid of the itching eventually?
    Good luck with your run, you are doing extremly well still managing it.

Had scan this morning and all ok, they said it was measuring within the normal range but a little below average, hopefully thats nothing to worry about. They also said its a girl. (well not 100% but pretty sure). She had her legs stuck together most of the time. I was happy with either as long as all goes ok.

Best get on

Helen 20 weeks 6 days x
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    I've got my ultrasound booked for June 1st! :) soon I will get to know if our little bean is a boy or a girl! :)

We are telling our family the good news this weekend. Soooooo excited! :)
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I've got my ultrasound booked for June 1st! :) soon I will get to know if our little bean is a boy or a girl! :)

We are telling our family the good news this weekend. Soooooo excited! :)

Fun! You have way more patience than I did. I definitely couldn't wait that long to tell everyone, but I'm a bit of a blabbermouth, I guess. :p June 1st will be here before you know it!
  • poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Happy mothers day everyone!

@Summer8it we have a big age gap in our kids as well. Your son will be fine! I worried about ours, but they adjusted and are fantastic siblings! I'm glad he keeps his spaces, that will be important!

@helenmelon29 congrats on a healthy baby girl!!!

@JustAnotherGirlSuzanne I bet your family was so excited! What fun news to share!!

Finished my half marathon yesterday, ran 13.1 miles in 2:15:17. I was pretty pleased with myself, but I'll be glad to dial back some of my longer runs! I want to keep up with it, but maybe not to the same extent.

The rash itself is better, no more large lesions ot blister spots... but it still itches... im itchy all over! And nobody has answers. It will resolve at or shortly after delivery; That's about all i get.

Had a routine visit friday, nothing new, heard the heartbeat talked about my rash and that was about all. My weight is up, up, up... he's not worried but I hope it stabilizes again. Maybe that's my trend... a big jump then a few steady weeks?! Anyhow its still averaging more than I'd like. But, what can you do?!

We've had a warm spell (for spring in new England) and I'm uncomfortable at night. Between itching and waking up hot I'm not sleeping much! I'm worried about the summer months... but many women have lived thru it, so i will too!!
  • Dzouan
    Dzouan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have just joined the group and wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I was so pleased to find it as I wasn't sure if there would be a pregnancy group.

I'm expecting my first child at the end of September, so I hit the halfway point yesterday and am counting down from now! I live on the outskirts of London, in the UK. I'm 40, so a bit older than most first time mothers but was pleased when my hospital said they don't count over 40s as automatically high risk; they just monitor their health like everyone else's.

I got horrible indigestion when I found out I was pregnant and could hardly eat anything as even a sip of water made me feel completely full and bloated, so I lost about 8lb at first. The doctor gave me some acid suppressants around ten weeks, which helped and I have now reached the weight I'd expect to be at 20 weeks but with all the aversions and trying to gain back my weight I know I haven't been eating how I normally do and want to get back on track, especially in terms of iron and calcium intake. I'm not great at doing exercise for its own sake, even when not pregnant, but try to walk a couple of miles as part of my journey to work each day and do pregnancy yoga once or twice a week.

It's great to find other people taking care to keep healthy during pregnancy. It really helps to motivate me, especially when all around are telling me to make the most of being able to eat everything and do nothing!
  • RosieRaz
    RosieRaz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Welcome Dzouan! Congrats on your first child to be. You are almost there. September will be here before you know it! There are a lot of older moms on here which is pretty neat. My doctor tagged me as high risk automatically, it's nice that yours didn't.

On another topic (and not to scare anybody)...Anybody familiar with diastasis recti exercises? Maybe I should post this question in one of the other topics in this group, but just curious. For those that aren't aware, here's some info..."Pregnancy puts so much pressure on the belly that sometimes the muscles in front can’t keep their shape. "Diastasis" means separation. "Recti" refers to your ab muscles called the "rectus abdominis." When the ab muscles move aside like this, the uterus, bowels, and other organs have only a thin band of connective tissue in front to hold them in place. The muscle opening often shrinks after giving birth , but in some studies of women with diastasis recti, the muscle wasn't back to normal even a year later."

I was reading up on this and although I haven't spoken to my doctor about it, I'd be interested in exercises because traditional crunches, planks etc actually make it worse.
  • KristenE83
    KristenE83 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    @RosieRaz I have been wondering the exact same thing. I have no info on it yet but would be interested if anyone else does!

On another note, I just got back from vacation (took our almost 4 year old to Disney) and have 2 prego related discoveries. #1 Swimming is strange. They are buoyant! Has anyone else ( @summer8it ?!?) noticed their babies are buoyant? It was the strangest feeling. I was pregnant with my son in the winter so I never went swimming. #2 When the babies move at the same time (again I have 2) it feels like they are fist fighting lol I feel like a human boxing ring.... awkward!
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    edited May 2015
    Options
    The family loved the surprise and they were actually surprised too which surprised me. lol I'm 16 weeks along now and NO ONE guessed even though I definitely "popped" a little over a week ago now. As a result, my wardrobe has been quite limited over these past couple weeks, and it's such a relief to be able to wear tighter shirts and maternity shorts now. (my other jeans/shorts fit still, but they roll down a bit when I'm sitting and they don't come back up when I stand... that's just awkward. :))

@poke987 Congratulations on finishing your race! I'm really impressed that you were able to finish it with a good time. :)

Have you had your liver checked? I had a friend who was super itchy while pregnant and she ended up having obstetric cholestasis.

We've had that heat wave here too. (I'm in Southern Ontario) and I'm constantly sweating! The a/c in my car is starting to die (only works when it's cold...) and we don't have a/c in our house so I'm waiting for my husband to have time to install the window units. He's not in too much of a rush... but he's not the one with hot flashes. ;) Anyone else having hot flashes??? I had them last time too, but only at the end.

@Dzouan Welcome and congratulations! It's so great to have a community here that's going through pregnancy at the same time that you are (at least, that's what I find. :)) It's so frustrating when people tell me to eat more because I'm "eating for two". I made that mistake last time and that's why I'm here now.

@RosieRaz I've heard of this, but I've never researched it myself. I'd be interested in finding out what exercises help though.

@KristenE83 YES! I love the feeling of a floating stomach while in water, especially on those days when I'm feeling particularly large. :)
  • katiebrew
    katiebrew Posts: 103 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    We found out we're having a girl! we are very excited as we already have a little boy :) It's been a bit up and down the past week as my maternal screening came back with an elevated risk for neural tube defects, but I had an in-depth ultrasound yesterday and all looks well :) I will have some follow ups to measure baby girl's growth at 32 and 36 weeks. I'm very thankful to have the follow ups and my mind put at ease!
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    @katiebrew that's so exciting! Congratulations on your little girl! While I'm sure that boys are fun, I can assure you that girls are so much fun! :) I hope everything comes back well on your scans.
  • helenmelon29
    Options
    katiebrew wrote: »
    We found out we're having a girl! we are very excited as we already have a little boy :) It's been a bit up and down the past week as my maternal screening came back with an elevated risk for neural tube defects, but I had an in-depth ultrasound yesterday and all looks well :) I will have some follow ups to measure baby girl's growth at 32 and 36 weeks. I'm very thankful to have the follow ups and my mind put at ease!

Congrats on you little girl. We having a girl too and got a boy who will be 3 when it born. Glad you scan turned out ok, everything is a worry! x

• helenmelon29
    Options
    Dzouan wrote: »
    Hi, I have just joined the group and wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I was so pleased to find it as I wasn't sure if there would be a pregnancy group.

I'm expecting my first child at the end of September, so I hit the halfway point yesterday and am counting down from now! I live on the outskirts of London, in the UK. I'm 40, so a bit older than most first time mothers but was pleased when my hospital said they don't count over 40s as automatically high risk; they just monitor their health like everyone else's.

I got horrible indigestion when I found out I was pregnant and could hardly eat anything as even a sip of water made me feel completely full and bloated, so I lost about 8lb at first. The doctor gave me some acid suppressants around ten weeks, which helped and I have now reached the weight I'd expect to be at 20 weeks but with all the aversions and trying to gain back my weight I know I haven't been eating how I normally do and want to get back on track, especially in terms of iron and calcium intake. I'm not great at doing exercise for its own sake, even when not pregnant, but try to walk a couple of miles as part of my journey to work each day and do pregnancy yoga once or twice a week.

It's great to find other people taking care to keep healthy during pregnancy. It really helps to motivate me, especially when all around are telling me to make the most of being able to eat everything and do nothing!

Hi and congrats, Im in the UK (North West England). Im due 17 Sept and its my second. Glad the indigestion has settled down a bit. I havent had any so far, I didnt last time either but you never know!

• summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    @Dzouan, welcome to the fall babies group! I'm also 40. My baby is officially due on 1 Sep, but is likely to come late because that's the pattern in my family, so I wouldn't be surprised to deliver on my 41st birthday on 11 Sep. This will be our second child; we also have a 12 year old son. We gave up trying for a second child many years ago -- this baby was a big surprise.

My husband and I were away for a long weekend, so I didn't see my son from Friday morning until Wednesday morning. When I came down on Wednesday, my son looked at me and said "wow, the baby really grew!" I must have done some serious popping if even a pre-teen boy noticed that I got bigger... and yet my waist measurement is only half an inch up from last month.
  • ksmmommy
    ksmmommy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I just joined this site (recommended by someone in my September group on WTE)! I have a 13 month old and I'm 20 weeks - due September 27th. I've been eating well but having trouble trying to get motivated to work out during this pregnancy - I was so good during my first but I'm more tired now with a little toddler! Any ideas for keeping LO entertained while working out? I really don't want to give up my "free time" (chore time) during his naps. How do you stay motivated during pregnancy?
  • poke987
    Options
    @katiebrew congrats on the little sister! How exciting! ! Glad the follow ups gave you good news!

@ksmmommy welcome! Motivation is one thing... Making it happen is a while 'nother! I find that myself, I want to fit it in.... then suddenly the while day has gone by and I havnt had a second! I try to walk with my boys, but we don't get very far very fast. I generally have to sacrifice time with hubby at the end of the day of I want to get a good work out in. That, and the childcare at our y, I don't know if that's an option. Now that the weather is nicer I find I want to be there less, but I use it if I need to!

22 weeks today, and in some ways feeling better... in some worse! Sleeping better and itch is better... but then swelling has started already! The past few days when I take off my socks I notice a nice line. Ugh. And, I have no energy all of a sudden, I'm tired all the time despite sleeping better. Humm. It's like every time I sit down I could nap! Lol!!

As the weeks go by I'm more and more excited! I really can't wait for a little one again! I'm already sad thinking this might be our last. Honestly, if I knew he would be healthy I'm ready for him now!! Some weeks fly, and some weeks drag. This week seemed to go fast. I hope we can get to 24 weeks in a blink. I feel like 24/25 weeks becomes a new safe zone. We know a little girl born at 24 weeks something, and I just watched a special on the 19 kids and counting family and their little one was 25 weeks something. It's another breathe a sigh of relief mark for me... and it can't come soon enough!

Anyone having name discussions? It's not going well 'round here! My 2.5 yr old calls the baby "jimmy" he started it spontaneously, and hubby thinks it's adorable. Me, I don't love it. We have a William (who ended up "billy") Westley and Wyatt for our 3 boys. Id like another 'w' name but I'm stumped. My second choice is myles (m is w upside down!)
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    We have a girl name picked out already if we find out it's a girl, but boy names are tough for me! I don't love all the ones I hear, but I imagine it'll be a different story if it turns out being a boy and I have time to start thinking of "it" as a "him". We have a list of names that my husband and I agree aren't awful and we'll go from there.
  • helenmelon29
    Options
    We haven't thought about names yet or discussed. We had a girl name if Isaac was a girl but not sure if I like it now! Lol

I can't think of an other W bit name! I'm sure there are plenty tho if u wanted all the same initials. Our Granda was called Wilkinson and got called Wilkie.

All ok here, coming up 23 weeks. Feel very bloated today and bit tired but been moving all our stuff home from the farm. So will need to finish sorting that tomorrow then go good shopping.

Hope all having good weekend x
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    Wade, Wayne... I'm stumped from there... do you have access to a baby name book? That may help with w names. We are still casually talking about names but we are agreeing on names we like quite frequently and are adding them to our list. It's just finding "the one" that feels right now. :)

My sister in law had troubles in her last pregnancy and 22 weeks was the week everyone was holding their breath for. The doctors said there was a decent chance of survival at 22 weeks that if there was big trouble with the pregnancy they would try a c section. Of course it's not ideal, but somehow it's comforting to know. :) (she ended up going full term, btw. Healthy 7 month old now.)

I'm at 17 weeks and I'm still feeling the 2nd trimester energy. I threw a birthday party for my husband on Friday and I felt like I could barely move by the end of the day though. So I do have some limitations apparently. I'm hoping I can escape the swollen ankles this time. I felt like a human blimp through most of my last pregnancy.
  • poke987
    Options
    I like Wade and Warren, hubby not so much. He keeps calling him jimmy! I call him myles. A college friend (who I never see, but with whom am friendly on facebook) has a 7 or 8 month old named myles though.... so i feel a little odd using it... my maiden name is Wilson. My parents have suggested using that for a first name. We shall see. We have plenty of time!

Weekend was nice, I felt productive... got some big jobs done. but I sure do get tired! I swear I'm in bed by 930 most nights, with television off by 10! Running was hard this past week. I'm not sure if it was the first week after my half, or just another week farther into the pregnancy, or maybe just the affect of the weight gain. I'm feeling "big" and not in a good way! Need to be more consistent with it this week, and hopefully it won't be so hard! Only managed 3 runs, 2 at 2 miles and one about 3.5... all slower than I'd have liked... think I'll add some cross training in, might have to jump ship earlier than I expected.

Enjoy the week ladies!