What works for you?

Options
SkinnyKerinny
SkinnyKerinny Posts: 147 Member
I just tried Go Nutrients Adrenal Edge drops this morning for the first time. I have so much energy-- I did all kinds of things that were piled up here for the longest time: paperwork, housework, phone calls, etc. All done!!!

What supplements, life style changes, herbs, etc., have you tried and what is your opinion of how well it worked?

Replies

• KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    does it make a difference if you have just one set of adrenals?

with just one kidney I am assuming there is SOME change for me, the body doesn't fully take up the loss of an entire kidney and adrenals once gone…so be interested to learn more.
  • SkinnyKerinny
    Options
    Wow I don't know. There are medical tests you can get that will show the cortisol levels that reflect how your adrenal(s) are working. That would be the best thing so you'd know for sure.

Do you have any symptoms of fatigue? It sounds like your diet is awesome and even with daily probiotics which are huge-- so in theory you should have lots of energy.
  • SkinnyKerinny
    Options
    Maybe I was mistaken about the probiotics but you definitely have a healthy diet! :)
  • JustMe2C
    JustMe2C Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I just read Stop the Thyroid Madness and it talks about a saliva test to check your cortisol levels...and you can order it online, do the 24 hr. test then mail it back to obtain the results. I've been thinking about it, just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Is the Go Nutrients Adrenal Edge something you can buy over the counter?
  • SkinnyKerinny
    Options
    The STTM book helped me so much!

Yes the Adrenal Edge is on amazon and probably elsewhere. If you try that and it works, it is supporting your adrenals and there isn't really anything in there that helps your thyroid. So that would be one way to tell short of getting that cortisol test done. You're just taking a bit of a gamble because if it doesn't help you then it still could be adrenals and not thyroid (and it just would mean it doesn't work on you for the adrenals whereas something else would). I hope that makes sense.

There is some info also on the STTM web site such as this

Here is a link that has more medical tests you can order yourself. You can use the STTM book as a guide to check the results and also to decide which tests are most important to check your thyroid. That link is from Suzy Cohen, an author of another thyroid book that's pretty good. It's called Thyroid Healthy.