1st day of keto again

Options
Ivory08
Ivory08 Posts: 9 Member
Hello everyone.
This is my first day back on keyo again :) I fell off the wagon for about a month and a half :\ and am starting to notice the weight is coming back. So I'm putting away the junk food and starting off healthy again. Is there anyone who would like to join me? I could use the support, if someone is willing. :D

Replies

• mdallas6
    mdallas6 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am restarting it too! Day 3 for me! Hoping to make it past the 3 day slump! We can do it!
  • soupie747
    soupie747 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting today too
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Add me to the restarting list! I've been struggling since a trip south in april. I've started over this week as well. Feel free to add me if you like
  • okulyd
    okulyd Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    today is day 3 for me. I'm still trying to figure out how to do this and could use support.
  • jweatherbie
    jweatherbie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I restarted yesterday after a single ice cream cone and too much alcohol during a week at the cottage kicked me out of ketosis (according to ketostix).
  • KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I added more carbs after 6 months of <30, and my doc saying to 'slow down' on the weight loss (26 gone)…now nothing for 6 weeks..so he was more concerned I'd become anemic, than true worry over losing too much..

I need to lose another 80… so no chance of 'starving'….STAYING VLC is the only thing that works, when I go over 60-90 carbs I just stay the same…so at least i KNOW what I need to do!

I am fighting the idea of LESS Calories..I already trained my body to stay the same at 1400 calories and a SAD with high carbs…(promoted by a traditional dietitian)

I WANT to be able to eat 1600 the rest of my life, and not be forced to stick to 1200 or gain weight..sad, but after decades of low fat dieting I have ruined my system.

Logically, just staying with a VLC 1500-1600 SHOULD let me lose weight over time…not be trapped into a miserable low calorie life.

Our bodies are SO COMPLEX that you'd think if it REALLY needed 2300 calories just to maintain that 1600 would be an easy. fast loss…unha..nope…give it 1400 for too long and by golly it runs on exactly that!
  • htecky76
    htecky76 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    What is SAD? And can you become anemic getting all the iron from protein?? I was told to make sure my vitamin didn't contain iron because I would get to much. anyway congratulations on the weight you have lost in learning your body so well, hopefully you can train it to be happy where you want it.
  • yramon72
    yramon72 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Day 2 for me. A pizza binge and husband health issues during the last 7 months, and I've gained 30 of the 50 pounds I had lost! Every day had been a struggle but joining this app and being accountable for every single food I put in my mouth helped me get to day 2. It's a new beginning.
  • KETOGENICGURL
    Options
    Htecky- asked: what is "SAD" ?…. Standard American Diet.. remember Google is your friend-- take action to lookup something yourself, no matter how odd the term..the Interwebs know!!… and you learn more.

I was eating a NO meat LC diet…was slightly anemic my last blood tea..I am still learning HOW MUCH protein I need, and went TOO LOW. Anemia is from too low of protein..this is when your muscles are 'burned' for fuel which you do not want ......you correct this by adding MORE protein, in some form.

Most Americans eat way more than the rest of the planet in meat protein. But Vegetatians/Vegans must show care to get B12 vitamin of they dont eat meat as most plants don't have it..but Hemp seed does..and is an IDEAL protein for ANY diet.
    Article quote:
    Hemp Seed …..Shelled hemp seeds consist of 36.6% protein, making them, by far the highest protein plant food on Earth. They are the fruit of the cannabis sativa plant (hemp plant) and are called 'nuts'. Don't be alarmed, you won't get high eating hemp hearts. I wasn't anymore spaced out then usual. They do NOT contain THC, the intoxicant compound.

What this super food does contain is a large concentration of balanced protein, vitamins, and essential fatty acids necessary to stay healthy.

Here are some of the benefits you will gain from eating hemp seed nut.

More protein than meat, eggs or dairy products. It is a complete source
    of protein and more digestible than soy products.

Has all the necessary Omega fats required

Has more Omega 3 fats than any fish source

Hemp hearts are wonderful for those with food sensitivities who cannot eat milk products, sugar, gluten, nuts or meat.

The perfect nutrition for those who need to avoid carbohydrates

Hemp protein is packed with enzymes, co-enzymes, unsaturated Fats, vitamins, minerals and other multiple co-factors to enhance absorption.

As if you need more coaxing to run out and get yourself a bag right now, here are more nutritional facts about Hemp Seed Nut.

They are rich in iron, calcium, sodium, vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin B6, B12, and B1, vitamin D, vitamin A, potassium, and phosphorus.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++

the author of this missed mention of MAGNESIUM--Hempseed-1/3 cup (6 tbl) provides 100% daily need for Magnesium…for Low Carbers it stops leg cramps, moderates blood sugars, promotes energy… more than 70% of Americans are too LOW in Mg..and need it for 300+ body system functions (4th most needed mineral, after iron)
  • Ivory08
    Ivory08 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ok here I go again ... Lol :) I really need some "work" lunch ideas. I seem to get tired of eating the same things day after day. I've checked out a few sites and have found some great recipes but am finding it very hard to keep up with things when it is just me eating this way. Dang those cookies !!! :#
  • KETOGENICGURL
    Options
    PS found out I am anemic NOT due to LC or lower protein!!!…but because of other health issues, I have one kidney ( after losing one to cancer), it is in bad shape too, so it is not managing some things well…I will be starting Ferro oxide/ iron pills…which I am happy to do…I have been so weak and sluggish…. anemia is no fun !! especially as I wake up bright eyed..but my body is dragging so bad I must stay in bed… even reading in bed is not enough 'activity'
  • TinaMP73
    TinaMP73 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I recently started keto. I'm on week 3. I did lowcarb several years and lost a large amount of weight, but gained it back plus some. I would love some keto friends!
  • ali59oc
    ali59oc Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm back again, too! Day 1 of taking off the 11 pounds that crept back on from too much booze and carbs. AND I've been feeling awful lately, headaches mostly. Hoping to stop all of this with going back to VLC.
  • arlene785
    arlene785 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ivory08 wrote: »
    Ok here I go again ... Lol :) I really need some "work" lunch ideas. I seem to get tired of eating the same things day after day. I've checked out a few sites and have found some great recipes but am finding it very hard to keep up with things when it is just me eating this way. Dang those cookies !!! :#

• arlene785
    arlene785 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been taking my food to work for some time Really, I work nights and have no access to food unless I take it. (Which is safer and saves money too.) I invested in little glass containers ( square) with snap on lids that I can bake or freeze in and do not leak in transportation to work. I make things a head of time like egg bake ( think crustless quiche), casseroles, crack slaw, egg rolls in a bowl, bieroc in a bowl, even low carb enchiladas baked in the casserole dishes. I freeze quite a few and plan all my meals ahead. This works for portion control too. Saves me the temptation of the drive thru. I get ideas from Pinterest too. Easy to eat healthy when I am tired.
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I came back two and a half weeks ago (started logging a week or so into it). Add me if you like. Don't mind my diary, I cheaped out on food so it's a dairy fest and I probably should have bumped my calories up to average another 100 a day (I was impatient). Going out of town today for the weekend, will do better when I get back. Need more potassium foods!
  • charlotte251
    charlotte251 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    im on day 5 :smile:
  • Angelszophia
    Angelszophia Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    day 1 again add me