food poisoning - what to eat?

Options
FaylinaMeir
FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
Went out for sushi for the first time since March and I thought I enjoyed myself until after midnight when I started having to camp the bathroom. :( now it's almost 1 in the afternoon and I still haven't eaten anything. My husband of course says go for the brat diet minus the toast but I don't have any ripe bananas and the thought of eating more rice makes me wanna throw up some more. I got a little applesauce cup I'm gonna try to eat with about 40g of blueberries left but do you have any suggestions.
I dont have any bone broth, only some stock in a carton. The thought of eating eggs makes me wanna hurl so that throws out a lot of the things I could make. The only meat I have ready to cook is liver and well... that was going to be a first for me and doesn't seem super appealing at the moment. :lol:
I'm just drinking lots of water, even that hurts my stomach.

Replies

• jrosto
    jrosto Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Go with your stock in a carton. Simmer with some veggies until they are soft.

Feel for you 'cause I've been there.
  • FaylinaMeir
    Options
    jrosto wrote: »
    Go with your stock in a carton. Simmer with some veggies until they are soft.

Feel for you 'cause I've been there.

I think I'll try that for dinner and maybe some boiled potatoes. I gagged down some cooked eggs and while my body is thankful for food, I'm trying to keep it down.

Contacted the place I ate at and long story short they are being rude about it. They are refusing to give me my money back and Amex told me that if they keep refusing after the payment is posting I'll have to put in a dispute it. Ugh
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    If you aren't hungy I wouldn't force food. Maybe take a day and fast to allow your body to totally kick this thing out. That process might go faster if it's not concerned with digesting new food.
  • FaylinaMeir
    Options
    I'm feeling a little better and was able to eat mostly what I wanted, my body wasn't into eating the turkey or liver I had planned, and yes I pigged out on ice cream but whatever I'm okay with it. :lol:

I talked with the restaurant and they refused to give me my money back so I sent my husband down there in person and they gave it back to him so I'm happy about that. Then today this guy calls me saying he is like a co-owner and for lack of better words called me a liar and said he had "proof" I didn't have food poisoning. After informing the jerk I used to be a chef he changed his attitude completely and went "oh well you know how it goes then".... right.... after being accused of poisoning myself then I told him I took food safety seriously and I was certain his food made me sick and then got hung up on. Weird and annoying conversation.

Bonus: as I'm typing this my cat peed on the floor... lovely :s
  • iwillrun2
    iwillrun2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    OMG I so remember the food poisioning - I had chicken at a restaurant - the brat diet is what you need - toast or not is up to you. About the restaurant - call the Health Unit. I did although they said unless I was tested by a doctor, they couldn't "prove" food poisioning. A Co-worker I work with also ate the chicken and she was sick also, and she brought her doggy bag home and her husband ate it and he had it too. The Health Unit believed us and they did a visit at the restaurant and tested their refrigeration etc. Reviewed proper food handling with all the staff too. The Health Unit reported back to me that the refrigeration was at the correct temperature, and that staff was instructed on food handling. At least its on file with the Health Unit so if it happens too much, maybe more can be done. Hope you feel better soon!
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling a little better and was able to eat mostly what I wanted, my body wasn't into eating the turkey or liver I had planned, and yes I pigged out on ice cream but whatever I'm okay with it. :lol:

I talked with the restaurant and they refused to give me my money back so I sent my husband down there in person and they gave it back to him so I'm happy about that. Then today this guy calls me saying he is like a co-owner and for lack of better words called me a liar and said he had "proof" I didn't have food poisoning. After informing the jerk I used to be a chef he changed his attitude completely and went "oh well you know how it goes then".... right.... after being accused of poisoning myself then I told him I took food safety seriously and I was certain his food made me sick and then got hung up on. Weird and annoying conversation.

Bonus: as I'm typing this my cat peed on the floor... lovely :s

What a great husband you have!! What a jerk restaurant owner...I hope you don't go back there.
  • SkinnyKerinny
    SkinnyKerinny Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    If I ever ingest anything toxic I take a lot of Milk Thistle and drink.a lot of clean water. It helps your liver get rid of it.
  • meghanner
    meghanner Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I realize this may be too late but take Activated charcoal ...... take it in pill form. It will absorb any residual toxins in your system. It's what we give people in the emerg dept.

Bone broth and kombucha will help your belly heal.