Hi There

Options
Janlinae
Janlinae Posts: 7 Member
I am not really sure where to begin. I am a 46 year old wife, mom, and grandma. My kids and grandkids are scattered around the country. So, not a lot of active babysitting to keep me going. I have a very sedentary job and usually get 1000 steps or less in an 8 hour shift. I started on MFP after seeing zero results from going to the gym for 4 months. I noticed a big difference when I started tracking what I actually put in my mouth. In November I was 176 pounds. I am only 5ft 2.5in so that is considered obese. I am down to 163 but still have about 30 pounds to go to get to my "healthy weight" goal. My hardest problem is staying motivated and on task. The only friend I have on MFP right now is my husband. I figure more friends means more motivation. So, will you be my friend?

Replies

• cody824
    cody824 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am also a 46 year old wife and mom ( not even close to being a grandma because I still have a kid in grade school and one starting middle school). I work in a school and am off for the summer. Although lucky to have more time to exercise / plan & prepare... also more time to be lazy and crave food! Great job losing all that weight! I am new to MFP...trying to lose 10 pounds (doesn't seem like a lot... But struggling to keep the weight off that I lost years ago... I'm 5'4 and used to be 205 lbs). I could use the friendship and motivation too ( it does help)!
  • Janlinae
    Options
    Hi Cody, nice to know I'm not alone. How close are you to Reno? I know 10 pounds doesn't sound like a lot but it really is. It is usually the little amounts that are hardest to lose. You said 'more time to plan/prepare' . May I make a suggestion? Plan out a week worth of menus just for 1 meal. So just breakfast or just dinner. Give yourself a nutrition page for each of the 7 meals. After the week is over, look back and see if you were heavy or light on different nutrients. Say heavy on carbs and low on protein. So the next week of meals you would change the high carb recipe for a high protein one. It's a little thing but it really helps.
  • cody824
    cody824 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Jan. Thanks for the advice and for the tips. I've only been on this app for a week... so definitely trying to get my food 'better'. Lol... No where near Reno... I'm in NJ! How are you doing with your food and exercise? Do you still go to the gym? I try to exercise daily by brisk walking outdoors. It sounds like your husband's doing MFP with you? If so, that's great!
  • Janlinae
    Options
    He is on but rarely uses it. Yup we go to the gym 3 times per week. Tonight he has personal trainer and I have Zumba class. If you can try Zumba, do so. It is so much fun and a big reason why I actually have lost weight. Will you friend me? We can help each other more that way.