Options
PinkNinjaLaura
PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
wjrbmtdr3uio.jpg

Replies

• PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your mom, Sherry. My grandma had dementia and we didn't realize until my grandpa died how bad it was, because he looked after her. My aunt & uncle moved in with her but they both worked so eventually my grandma had to go into a nursing home. On top of the dementia she fell a couple of times, and my dad & aunts were concerned she would fall when she was home alone. They all hated to do that but she needed 24/7 care.

Yesterday I finished filling my dumpster, then I had fun the rest of the day. Went to the mall to return a dress & bought 3 pair of shoes at DSW - two casual for everyday wear and one pair of heels to wear to a wedding. Two of them were on sale so I got all 3 for what I pay for one pair of running shoes. After that I went to my office for a bridal shower for my coworker (the heels are for her wedding).

I have a lot to do today and am having a hard time motivating. Washed towels & hung those on the line. Started sweeping the basement now that I've emptied all the junk out of it. Once the basement is clean I'll start organizing the stuff I kept. I have an appointment at 11, have Jason at 1, need to get in my run, need to finish sweeping the basement (it's bad down there), and need to get the living room ready for my futon being delivered tomorrow.
  • valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Wow, the past few weeks have been crazy with just random stuff so I feel like I never get to check in with you guys! I'm ready for school to start to have some semblance of normalcy again!

Sherry - my grandma had dementia as well. My grandpa was already dead so they first put her in one of those apartment/assisted livings...but eventually she had to go to the nursing home. It's a small town so they all know each other which makes it less scary then in a big city. But it was a tough decision and its a very hard thing to go through. I know it was rough on my mom as she deteriorated every time we talked to her. Praying for you and your family!

Well, long story short...I've been planning on having a preschool room in our church painted because it's hideous. But at the last minute realized that room would be used every day for the rest of the summer so had to throw together an impromptu paint time this week. Another gal from church and I moved all the stuff out, painted it, and moved everything back in. Tonight she and I are doing the shelves and trim and then it'll be done. We also had friends ask us last week if they could have their kid's birthday party at our house. So on top of the painting I had to clean up our house as well. So it's been craziness yet again.

The plan today is to get a quick run in on the treadmill, get some church stuff done this afternoon, and then paint tonight. Phew!

Have a great day everyone!
  • Aprilfoolbride
    Aprilfoolbride Posts: 552 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Sherry, I'm sorry to hear about your mom. Of course it's rough for you and your family and your dad. You've mentioned revisiting some decisions and that makes sense. You make decisions based on the information that you have and when the information changes, it can affect the decisions.

I've been doing okay, this week has been a whole lot better than the last few. I damn near ate my face off last weekend. Joined WW coaching program and am taking advantage of the calls, live chats, emails, etc.

My activity level is low but am going to start walking more at work. One thing--eating---at a time.

e696779f45a26c3c4fd3cc8cd39c1bf6.jpg
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Hi, just short walk today but steep long driveway at end kicked my **. Felt awful for a few hours after think my sinus stuff must be affecting lungs. I feel fine now, no headache or any sinus signs.

Sherry its so hard watching people we love get older. My mom is 87 and thinks she can do everything still and it creates problems. Accidents in car, etc. i hope you and sister can figure out a good plan. My mom is starting to need help with chores but won't move closer and noone has extra money to hire anyone.

I already know my moving back closer 5 hrs vs 2 day drive, means doing stuff when i visit.
  • auntsammy88
    auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Back from vacation #1. Yesterday the pup and I did an extra long walk and then I went for a bike ride with the hubs.