Friday Night "Treat"

Options
sandyyb1
sandyyb1 Posts: 18 Member
Hi all!
Friday nights are usually our "special dinner" nights, as the kids like to call them. What that usually means, is pizza delivery. I am sooooo over preparing meals this week, any suggestions for fast food/take out that is LC friendly? Def going to skip the pizza, wayyyy too tempting!

Replies

• CoinOperatedKitten
    CoinOperatedKitten Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    :p I was thinking about getting a salad from Chipotle mmmm
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I still order pizza for hubby and kids, and I just order naked or traditional wings and sometimes make myself a salad to go along with it. Then I might swipe just the cheese and toppings off a slice or two as well if I feel like it and the girls will let me (they love their pizza!).
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Chinese, skip the rice.
  • DianaElena76
    Options
    My other go-to take-out meals:
    * any burger joint, skip the bun, onions, and ketchup
    * order take-out from a sit-down restaurant like Chili's or Applebee's or whatever and get a full meal consisting of a meat (steak, chicken, or fish in my case) and a side of veggies, maybe with a side salad
    * take-out fajitas, minus the tortillas, from a Mexican restaurant
    * Chinese take-out is hard, but I've recently discovered steamed chicken and veggies in white sauce isn't too bad (I LOVE chicken with broccoli but have learned the hard way that brown sauce is loaded with sugar)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I usually let hubby pick the place, and then I research the keto-friendly options before we go. In a pinch, I'll just order something that sounds LCHF-friendly, like a salad with grilled chicken, a burger without the bun, or a steak with broccoli.

Good luck!
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    You could always just scrape the cheese and toppings off the pizza! that's the best part anyway. LOL
  • randiewilliams72
    randiewilliams72 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I usually get wings if we are ordering from a pizza place. Most will have Chef Salads so that is another option depending on where your carbs are. You just have to make sure they don't bread their wings although some buffalo sauce may be a little high in sugar.
  • DianaElena76
    Options
    I usually get wings if we are ordering from a pizza place. Most will have Chef Salads so that is another option depending on where your carbs are. You just have to make sure they don't bread their wings although some buffalo sauce may be a little high in sugar.

If we are eating it at home (takeout or delivery), I prefer to order naked wings and sauce them myself if at all. I like plain old Frank's RedHot hot sauce mixed with butter. YUM!!!
  • DianaElena76
    Options
    Oh, and because I'm also thrifty (or a cheapskate, however you want to look at it), I make my own salad. :)
  • sandyyb1
    sandyyb1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great ideas!!! Thank you!! (I love the idea of scraping the cheese and topping off! Yumm!)
  • LynnSullivan1
    LynnSullivan1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Panda Express - teriyaki chicken which is grilled, not breaded like their orange chicken, with veggies as a side instead of rice or chow mein.
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Mami1976D wrote: »
    Oh, and because I'm also thrifty (or a cheapskate, however you want to look at it), I make my own salad. :)

Lol sounds like me. Half of the time when I eat somewhere I think "geez I could've made this myself for 1/3 the price"
  • Teneko
    Teneko Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Barbecue to go. I'm in Texas. Just go to Rudy's and unwrap that plain white butcher's paper and chow down on some fattyfat ribs.
    Also, I second the Chipotle salad bowl. Carnitas, guac, sour cream, cheese, lettuce...OH MAN. Now I want to run out and get some!!!
    Also, about any steak house is amazing for a treat. My fiance gets steak, and I usually get a much cheaper pork chop or chicken with a side of broccoli. Extra butter, please.

-T.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I get wings and antipasto salad when my bf gets pizza
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Beware of Chinese. Most dishes contain a ton of hidden sugar, cornstarch & MSG.

Id go with a large burger, w/o bun/ketchup. Or naked wings.

If you feel more like cooking next week there are some awesome low-carb Pizza recipes out there. A gazillion different base styles, from cheese-bases, to cauliflower crust, coconut flour, almond meal, flax.. there's even a proper yeast dough pizza base recipe in the Zenbelly cookbook. Ive made it twice and its seriously good - chewy & bread-likewith crispy base & edges. Mmmm. Its a bit carb heavy for me on a regular basis, but i make an exception if i NEED pizza. The cheese & cream cheese crust recipes are the most keto friendly i think, but many of them can be squeezed into your macros as theyre so filling you cant eat more than a couple slices.

Now im craving pizza. LOL.
  • Teneko
    Teneko Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    When my fiance craves pizza, he forgoes any crust entirely and just throws some pepperoni slices and shredded cheese onto a plate and nukes it. :D

-T.
  • CoconuttyMummy
    Options
    Teneko wrote: »
    When my fiance craves pizza, he forgoes any crust entirely and just throws some pepperoni slices and shredded cheese onto a plate and nukes it. :D

-T.

Not sure im that hardcore - id prefer some kind of base if possible... but if i was out at a pizza restaurant and had no other option i would just eat the toppings + salad.
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Fathead pizza is the bomb when pizza craving hits!
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    My sis makes pizza dip, it's designed for chips but I'm sure a spoon would work too ;)

You layer cream cheese, pizza sauce, shredded mozzarella, and pepperoni in a pie plate and either microwave or bake till all bubbly.

It's delicious!
  • CoconuttyMummy
    edited July 2015
    Options
    GSD_Mama wrote: »
    Fathead pizza is the bomb when pizza craving hits!

Ive heard this is reeeeally good. Ive yet to try this particular recipe as ive been eating simple/lower-cal, minimal carb foods (by that i mainly mean i have minimal cheese, minimal cream & the rest of my diet mostly consists of meat, BPC, eggs & 1 cup cooked spinach a day), but its on my list to try on one of my higher cal re-set days, if i get sick of eating simple roast meats & spinach for dinner.

• CoconuttyMummy
    Options
    My sis makes pizza dip, it's designed for chips but I'm sure a spoon would work too ;)

You layer cream cheese, pizza sauce, shredded mozzarella, and pepperoni in a pie plate and either microwave or bake till all bubbly.

It's delicious!

This does sound a tad lush!