July 1-15

Options

Replies

• jenthibert
    jenthibert Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Green today! 8/25 on July 10.

Tomorrow is a planned red day. But I'm bringing the Veggie platter!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Green: Yes
    Total 9/28 - I'm streaking along.

I did a light run/walk combo. I am confident that my running will get better with time. Also, my Gymboss arrived today. Woohoo!! Two thumbs up for expedient shipping. I'll program it tomorrow, and use it Sunday if all goes well.

@MelissaPhippsFeagins I like the name "Runboss". Ha, ha, ha. I definitely don't run in the gym. Well, I have used the indoor track at the gym during the winter, but I hated it. I hope to not have to use it next winter. Ha, ha, ha.
    @jenthibert Enjoy your day tomorrow, and eat some of those veggies you're taking. :smile:
    @Rebamae I'll reach my green streak tomorrow. Hope you are doing well!
    @2marsh You have great energy! Keep it up.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    7/10 - green 9/25
    Streak - 8/10 - still streaking right along with Rebamae. :)

@2marsh - the Friday Fast isn't an "eek" fast. It's a religious decision to smaller meals and usually no meat on Fridays in commemoration of the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. I didn't skip meat, but I did have smaller meals and no desserts. It's a disciplineI have fallen out of, but want to get back to. (Most Americans Catholics , Episcopalians and Lutherans only do this during Lent.)

@jenthibert I wasn't just being nice, my grandmother's breast cancer metastasized to her bones. She died 22 years ago. Long before anyone knew who Susan G. Komen was. We are so much better at detection and cure now because of funds raised by people like you. And also, Way to go on the Veggie Platter! Small decisions lead to big changes.

@LaughterGirl your running will get better with time, mine has improved and I don't practice. I HATE running. I LOVE weightlifting and hiking. I run for Relay for Life Autism Speaks and the free medical clinic at which I volunteer. That's in March April and May and then I don't run again until the next Relay for Life.

Happy Saturday, everyone! I'm off to the gym soon.
  • bbinoa
    bbinoa Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    yesterday was red. I'm with family and there was a very large birthday cake with multiple layers full of lots of yummy things...
    Total 9/27

Going to be trying the gym/run boss out tomorrow!
  • 2marsh
    2marsh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Green? Chevy
    Total: 9/23

Knees are feeling great, and I'm feeling grateful. Went to try on wedding dresses yesterday, and was surprised to see that I'm fitting into a smaller size despite the scale moving so little. I'll take it!
    Applause to the streakers! (I broke mine on the 7th but have been back on it since.)

@MelissaPhippsFeagins Oh, I can see how that type of fasting would not be an "eek" at all. Hope I didn't offend. I'm just so used to people talking about fasting as a nutritional strategy on these forums that my mind went straight there.
    @Rebamae Yay for not grazing through the pain! I know exactly what you mean and have been there more times than I care to count. Hope your leg is feeling better soon.
    @jenthibert Hope you enjoy your red day!
    @Laughter_Girl Thanks so much! :smile:

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    7.9 & 10
    Green: YES & YES
    Total 8/25
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Hello Super Saturday!! B)

Please let me know when you make the 10 for GREEN STREAKING!!

green = 10*/31
    red = 0
    Streak = 10
    Streak goal =10

Do we want to go another 10 or would 5 be better for most of you?
    Please let me know!!

I hope I get to talk to you this evening.
  • bbinoa
    Options
    green? Chevy
    total 9/11

Went out on a peddle boat for a couple of hours this afternoon. ... fun way to get a workout!!

Congrats all you streakers! I have this very odd image of @Rebamae crossing the finish line :blush: lol!
  • jenthibert
    Options
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins, so sorry about your grandmother. The first year I walked was a celebration for my mom's ten year anniversary as a breast cancer survivor. We've come a long way...

Today was red so still 8/25 but not by much. Lobster and steamed clams with all the fixings... I went for small servings and was able to refuse dessert. Didn't really appeal... It was an incredibly beautiful day on the coast of Maine with lots to celebrate and that's what I focused on!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Green: Yes
    Total 10/28 - Streak goal met. Woohoo!!

@Rebamae I reached my 10 Green streak. I'm willing to go for another round. I don't care if it's 5 or 10 days. It may be a little tough for me this week though because I'll be away at a conference. No home cooked meals for me. I'll do my best though.

Hope everyone had a fabulous day!!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    7/11 - green, very green. (like, 500 calories green)
    10/25

Streak 9/10

@2marsh - no worries. I say Eek at some of the fasting I see here. OTOH, I have been learning about Ramadan from a person in the forums too. It's very interesting.

@Rebamae - I am going to do my best to finish my streak tomorrow. Then since I am at my goal weight, I am going to go for five Chevy days in a row. We'll see if I can do it... even eating ice cream didn't get me there today.
  • rdbasile
    rdbasile Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Green:yes
    5/23
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday to each of you!! B)

I just came in from walking - Yea, but my leg started hurting so turned around & came back. :/

@bbinoa - Are you visualizing me being all green at the finish line? LOL

Hey we have some streakers that have crossed the finish line! There are a lot of you very close! Let's be green streakers and make it to the finish line:

@Laughter_Girl CONGRATS TO YOU!! Job well done!! <3

For those that have made it to the finish line - let's start a new 10. We can do this!! :p
  • ATHLegal
    ATHLegal Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    12/31 this month already
  • 2marsh
    2marsh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    7.11 - RED - ok, not really that red but there was some stress eating in there.
    Total: 9/23

@Laughter_Girl Conference eating is advanced level stuff, but something tells me you're more than up to the task.
    @Rebamae YAY STREAK!!! :smile:
  • bbinoa
    Options
    green, yes- very!
    Total 10/27

Today was the gymboss trial @Laughter_Girl! It made my run/walk sooo much better! I set it for 30 second intervals of each, and set the alarm for vibrate. So nice not to have to keep checking a watch, or obsess over if I've run or walked too long. I have the alarm lasting 5 seconds which was nice bc it gives you time to transition between running and walking. Definitely a good purchase!
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    9: ❌, 10: ✔️, 11: ✔️, 12: ❌

exercise.png

Thank you for the lovely welcome back - I will do more than a flyby soooooon. . . . . between travelling (again) and my grandmunchkins I'm so busy. And I do want to join in this lovely thread.

Edited for a typo.
  • R_Queenie
    R_Queenie Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    7.9 to 7.12

Short story: A whole bunch of RED.
    Emotional eating, poor choices. Nothing good sounds good.

Total 4/ 28
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    @R_Queenie (hugs) I have had and hated plenty of weeks like that
    @k80flec I am looking forward to seeing you here more often, but enjoy your family while you can. Traveling is what it is.
    @bbinoa I am glad the gymboss worked for you. (I still think it's a runboss, though.)

That green streak whizzing by is me: 10/10!
    July12 - green by 93
    11/25

New profile pic is my DD crossing the finish line setting a PR for an 8K last night. Go MiniMe!!! (I never look that good after a race. I am all sweat and frizzy hair)

• jenthibert
    Options
    July 12, green...9/25

Awesome weekend but no real exercise. Back on track tomorrow!