skinny fat starting tomorrow, anyone else?

Options
Hi! I am looking to tone up my jiggly bits! I am only 5 feet and 90ish pounds so not looking to lose weight but tone up! Also starting a 12 week training program for my 2nd half marathon in September :) I am in the 1200 calorie range but gluten, dairy and egg free so this will be a challenge! Please add me :)

Replies

• medeering14
    medeering14 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Finishing week one of DFX today! 5'4, 107lbs. I'll have to screw up my courage and post a before pic.

If you're maintaining, btw, you shouldn't subtract the 750 in the equation that determines your bracket. I would be in the 1200 if I were trying to lose, but I am really in the next bracket up because I just want to change my composition. Obviously you're smaller than me so maybe 1200 is without the deficit, but if you subtracted, take another look.
  • tammy323
    tammy323 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How are you doing? I am also gluten and dairy free and training for a half marathon! I'm in the 1200 calorie range and will be staring the program tomorrow.
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    @runningjellybean What @medeering14 said is spot on. Please read page 76 of the Food Plan where you will see that if you are trying to maintain weight and tone up, you should be eating more. Plus, if you double up exercises, as y9ou will be doing because you're training for a marathon, you should be eating more. So you really shouldn't be in the 1200 bracket. That's the lowest one there is and is there for those who only have a few more pounds to lose. I'll happily move up a bracket when I have reached my goal weight and am seriously considering moving up a bracket because of the exercising I'll be doing over the next few weeks. We'll see. If I move up a bracket, it will be next week. I'm trying to get back into the real world after a vacation and not trying to mix things up too much right now.
  • ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more if you're marathon training or you'll lose weight. At 90 lbs, you can't afford to lose. If you eat enough and try to lift heavy between runs, you maybe can put on some muscle.

(I know this is sacrilege, but I wouldn't do 21-day fix if I wanted to maintain or gain and put on muscle)