Sensational Summer Exercise Challenge, Mon Jun 8 to Aug 16 (70 days) - Join Anytime

Options

Replies

• mrs17alvarez
    mrs17alvarez Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hope you are feeling better, Amanda.

Wish me luck ... traveling again today for the week. I've not done all that great the past 2 weeks, but am trying. Will be so glad to get back in my own routine.

Hope everyone has a good Sunday and up-and-coming week.

Flo - Thanks & you are amazing!! It's hard enough to travel so much but WOW, you're still cranking through that exercise despite that. Will wish you lots of luck this week!!!
  • suegen1
    suegen1 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hope you are feeling better, Amanda.

Wish me luck ... traveling again today for the week. I've not done all that great the past 2 weeks, but am trying. Will be so glad to get back in my own routine.

Hope everyone has a good Sunday and up-and-coming week.

I have to agree with Amanda, Flo you are doing amazing with all what you have going on. Keep your head up and good luck on your travel...Stay safe :)

Amanda, I am sorry that you still have trouble with your ankle...hope you feel better soon. Happy Sunday all :)!!
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Amanda and Sue. I really appreciate your support. :)

I started out very early today getting in the walking. Had Church and climbed stairs/played the Pipe Organ. Then, started out driving around 10:30. Finally at my destination and have the blank stares. LOL!

So, was able to do combined total: 160 minutes 7/12

daz7u6bv93by.gif

88492762.png yvpo8w8c7k41.gif

exercise.png

f.gifl.gifo.gif
  • suegen1
    Options
    Good lord Flo haha Woohoo nice addition to your minutes. You go girl!!!!

I myself overall got 120 minutes in...with all the moving today plus just a bit ago I went 60 minutes on the treadmill...uh that felt good :).

exercise.png

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    I have been thinking of joining the next challenge too along with the 100% one, But it feels as If I am cheating when I am already walking over 16 miles a week. More or less depending on rain or no rain. I don't track the minutes as I am a slow walker :)

Hi Roger, Flo, Sue

Have a Good Day
    RogerToo
  • rlshelor
    rlshelor Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I'm Back!!

It's long overdue. I can feel it. Rehab is going well but still a work in progress. I need to step things up a notch and start doing some other things. I have to head out the door for work but I will check in tonight to update on everything going on.

exercise-shirts-fitness-motivation.gif

Roger
    3pT5F
    Goal: June 24, 2012

event.png

exercise.png

eZzyRLPmf0IP

• suegen1
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi All
    I have been thinking of joining the next challenge too along with the 100% one, But it feels as If I am cheating when I am already walking over 16 miles a week. More or less depending on rain or no rain. I don't track the minutes as I am a slow walker :)

Hi Roger, Flo, Sue

Have a Good Day
    RogerToo

Would be great if you would join the next challenge...if you ask me I don't think it matters if you are a slow walker or fast walker...main thing is you are walking and moving! That's what matters if you ask me :).
    rlshelor wrote: »
    I'm Back!!

It's long overdue. I can feel it. Rehab is going well but still a work in progress. I need to step things up a notch and start doing some other things. I have to head out the door for work but I will check in tonight to update on everything going on.

Roger
    3pT5F

event.png

exercise.png

eZzyRLPmf0IP

So happy to hear that your Rehab is going well and I can just imagine what a long process is it. Glad to see you are back :)

• Nightingale2200
    Options
    Oh, that's great, Roger. Happy the Rehab is progressing nicely. Feeling better, too??

RogerRoger, yes, please join the next Challenge. :):):)
  • Nightingale2200
    edited July 2015
    Options
    90 minutes 7/13

daz7u6bv93by.gif

88492762.png yvpo8w8c7k41.gif

exercise.png

f.gifl.gifo.gif
  • mariska9664
    mariska9664 Posts: 233 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    7/13 - 60 minutes (Jazzercise)

Amanda - Sorry about your ankle, but sounds like you're on the mend. Good to hear!

Flo - You are doing awesome and traveling is always difficult. Not only with food choices, but just the stress of it all. I think there really is something to those stress hormones. Always feels good to get back in "home" routine mode. You are rocking it with your minutes!

Sue - Love your attitude! So inspiring with both your weight loss and exercise. You are in such a groove!

Roger - Great to see your post!! Been wondering how your foot recovery was going... Glad to see you're ready to get back at it. Have they released you back to work yet?

RogerToo - Heck, jump right on into the challenge. There are quite a few weeks left. You don't have to track by minutes. Set the # of miles you want to walk between now and the end and start posting your progress.

Take care of yourselves!

exercise.png

• rlshelor
    edited July 2015
    Options
    7/13
    45 Mins Rehab

I've been back to work going on 4 weeks. I went back to work earlier than the doctor wanted. I started back on 6/22 but the doctor suggested waiting till 7/1. My disability was going to run out before then and I was itching to get back to work. It has been a struggle. My foot is very sore by the end of the night. It's both my arch and my ankle bothering me.

Then on the Wednesday before the 4th my left knee started bothering me a lot. Of course this is the opposite leg from my foot. It was still hurting when I woke up the next day so I called for an appointment that morning with my orthopedic doctor. He gave me a cortisone shot and the knee was feeling much better in a couple of hours. But I tweaked it again that night and it was worse than it was that morning before seeing the doctor. So for the 4th of July weekend I ended up laid up most of the time. But by Monday the knee was much better. I'm now doing leg exercises for my knees along with the ones for my foot. Hoping to strengthen the muscles around my knees. The doctor also told me I am now a candidate for knee replacement on my left knee. I'm not ready to go that route.

I still can't do any kind of walking for any distance and this is driving me crazy. I only have two weeks left of PT. Range of motion has improved a good bit but the continued pain is still a problem.

73465037642710223DyK7fGgQc.jpg

Roger
    3pT5F

event.png

exercise.png

YdnhiLPmf0IP
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Roger,

Sorry about the knee. I can relate to that. Fingers crossed that the inflammation subsides and you won't have to have a replacement until much later ... if at all.
  • suegen1
    Options
    Hello all :),

Roger, sorry to hear about all those troubles and I certainly hope that you will have a speedy recovery so you can go back to work. I can imagine how frustrating it must be if you can't do walking for any distance. I know it would drive me nuts. Hang in there buddy :) and really glad to see you back in here :).

I dragged my hubby outside last night to go walking with me and the dogs...well it ended up being more like the dogs are walking me lol. My fitbit rewarded me with over 10k steps so that was great :).

Overall I can add 90 minutes of exercise for yesterday :).

exercise.png

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    suegen1 wrote: »
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi All

Hi Roger, Flo, Sue

Have a Good Day
    RogerToo

Would be great if you would join the next challenge...if you ask me I don't think it matters if you are a slow walker or fast walker...main thing is you are walking and moving! That's what matters if you ask me :).
    I'm Back!!

Roger
    3pT5F

event.png

exercise.png

eZzyRLPmf0IP

So happy to hear that your Rehab is going well and I can just imagine what a long process is it. Glad to see you are back :)

Hi Sue
    I just need to get some time. It has been in the back of my mind for a little while now.
    Cheers
    RogerToo
    Oh, that's great, Roger. Happy the Rehab is progressing nicely. Feeling better, too??

RogerRoger, yes, please join the next Challenge. :):):)

Hi Flo
    I am looking at it :)
    Cheers
    RogerToo
    7/13 - 60 minutes (Jazzercise)

Amanda - Sorry about your ankle, but sounds like you're on the mend. Good to hear!

Flo - You are doing awesome and traveling is always difficult. Not only with food choices, but just the stress of it all. I think there really is something to those stress hormones. Always feels good to get back in "home" routine mode. You are rocking it with your minutes!

Sue - Love your attitude! So inspiring with both your weight loss and exercise. You are in such a groove!

Roger - Great to see your post!! Been wondering how your foot recovery was going... Glad to see you're ready to get back at it. Have they released you back to work yet?

RogerToo - Heck, jump right on into the challenge. There are quite a few weeks left. You don't have to track by minutes. Set the # of miles you want to walk between now and the end and start posting your progress.

Take care of yourselves!

exercise.png

Hi Mary
    I need to get a hold of the fitbit people, Mine died, I think it is still under warranty. I tried a new battery and verified the battery voltage and still no display.
    Cheers
    Roger
    7/13
    45 Mins Rehab

I've been back to work going on 4 weeks. I went back to work earlier than the doctor wanted. I started back on 6/22 but the doctor suggested waiting till 7/1. My disability was going to run out before then and I was itching to get back to work. It has been a struggle. My foot is very sore by the end of the night. It's both my arch and my ankle bothering me.

Then on the Wednesday before the 4th my left knee started bothering me a lot. Of course this is the opposite leg from my foot. It was still hurting when I woke up the next day so I called for an appointment that morning with my orthopedic doctor. He gave me a cortisone shot and the knee was feeling much better in a couple of hours. But I tweaked it again that night and it was worse than it was that morning before seeing the doctor. So for the 4th of July weekend I ended up laid up most of the time. But by Monday the knee was much better. I'm now doing leg exercises for my knees along with the ones for my foot. Hoping to strengthen the muscles around my knees. The doctor also told me I am now a candidate for knee replacement on my left knee. I'm not ready to go that route.

I still can't do any kind of walking for any distance and this is driving me crazy. I only have two weeks left of PT. Range of motion has improved a good bit but the continued pain is still a problem.

73465037642710223DyK7fGgQc.jpg

Roger
    3pT5F

event.png

exercise.png

YdnhiLPmf0IP

HI Roger
    I had a family member that waited to long for the knee replacement, It still helped but did not come back to 100%, so I would get a second opinion if possible.

Good Luck with the rehab
    RogerToo
    suegen1 wrote: »
    Hello all :),

Roger, sorry to hear about all those troubles and I certainly hope that you will have a speedy recovery so you can go back to work. I can imagine how frustrating it must be if you can't do walking for any distance. I know it would drive me nuts. Hang in there buddy :) and really glad to see you back in here :).

I dragged my hubby outside last night to go walking with me and the dogs...well it ended up being more like the dogs are walking me lol. My fitbit rewarded me with over 10k steps so that was great :).

Overall I can add 90 minutes of exercise for yesterday :).

exercise.png

Hi Sue, I really need to bestir myself and get in touch to get the fitbit replaced under warranty if possible.

Cheers
    Roger
  • suegen1
    Options
    Roger, I have heard from lots of people how great Fitbits customer service is. Depending on what's wrong with it they replaced it like when it wasn't charging and so on. Call them or if you have the dashboard there is a Customer Service chat area. sounded pretty easy.
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    100 minutes 7/14

daz7u6bv93by.gif

88492762.png 8ovjoiygai9m.gif

exercise.png

f.gifl.gifo.gif
  • mariska9664
    mariska9664 Posts: 233 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Roger - Figure you'd find a way to get back to work! :smiley: I can see how easy it would to get crooked with the opposite knee of your bad foot. Doesn't take much when anyway you move, you're in pain. And understand how you want to get your foot fixed first before worrying about the knee. Heard of lots of successes with knee replacements. Take care of yourself!

Sue - I've heard the exact same thing and have had similar experience. I haven't had to have a fitbit replaced, but broke the holder on my original fitbit and when I called, they just shipped me a new one at no cost.

RogerToo - Join when you're ready!

Well, I opted to sit and watch the all-star game while goofing around on my laptop, rather than go to Jazzercise this evening. And feeling kind lazy with that choice, I might add.. :-1:

• rlshelor
    Options
    7/14
    45 Mins
    Rehab

RogerToo: I understand the perils of waiting too long on knee replacement. I watched my Mom struggle with the pain for years but was afraid of the surgery. When they finally did her hip it was so deteriorated that they had to cut extra off her femur to get down to good bone and was afraid she was going to be shorter on that leg. They didn't get around to her knee surgery before she died.

Sue: I wanted to congratulate you on doing your first 5K race. So happy for you.

Amanda: I hope your ankle is doing better.

l176252508.jpg

Roger
    3pT5F

event.png

exercise.png

YdnhiLPmf0IP

• suegen1
    Options
    07/14 - 90 minutes

exercise.png