Pain release by walking

Options
I have had fibromyalgia since the late 1980's, currently on disability. So all levels of pain including bed bound pain, I have experienced. A doctor once told me that you "Have to walk." I cried and in defense explained how that was impossible because of the pain, and also fatigue. To get to the point, years later... I got it! Moving our muscles releases acid build up. We are getting a mini internal massage. Then by drinking plenty of water afterwards, we flush what has been worked out of our muscles. Massage therapists have explained all of this to me. The pain and stiffness does not all go away, but there is some improvement. Sometimes it means laying down afterwards from fatigue. And I so appreciate the weight loss that comes with it. :bigsmile: I am new to MFP and have really been benefiting from it. Was excited to find this group.

Replies

• SimplyMicheleR
    SimplyMicheleR Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I hope you are still on here... I took quite a hiatus from MFP and am just getting back on track. I totally agree with you. I have a dog. If I don't walk him 2x a day, every day, I feel so much worse. I may not want to do it, I may hurt like hell before stepping out of the door. But I feel better after. Even if, like you, I need to lie down after....