Group Newb

Options
JustMe2C
JustMe2C Posts: 101 Member
Hi, Ladies! Hope you don't mind me sneaking a post in here.

TBH, I have no clue whether I'm peri, in the midst of or already post menopausal. There's been so much going on with my body these past couple of years, that this just seems one part of the mayhem. My mother never went through menopause, so I hope to learn from all of you.

My periods have always been irregular and heavy. Once my thyroid was removed, my cycle seemed to come to a sudden halt 'til just about 3 months ago...when I had a week of bleeding like I've never experienced. Last month I had a couple days of very very light spotting. Before my thyroid issues, I had a couple months of infrequent hot flashes, but that's the only other symptoms I've noticed.

Hope you don't mind me tagging along in here. :)

Replies

• Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Hi JustMe2C welcome!

Lots of lovely women here willing to share and just listen.

Karen
  • JustMe2C
    Options
    Thanks, Karen.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I have Hashimoto's (autoimmune thyroid disease), and it's hard to know what's perimenopause, what's my thyroid, and what's something else entirely.

The one thing I learned from thyroid disease is how one's hormones can affect the entire mind & body.
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    I have Hashimoto's (autoimmune thyroid disease), and it's hard to know what's perimenopause, what's my thyroid, and what's something else entirely.

The one thing I learned from thyroid disease is how one's hormones can affect the entire mind & body.

I am hypothyroid and I know what you mean about food effecting the mind and body.

The more I stick to whole foods and avoid wheat and sugar the more energy I have and the better I feel. Sticking with it is what is the challenge.

If anyone is interested here is an article that I was featured in regards to The Hormone Diet a book by Naturopath Dr. Natasha Turner. http://www.nationalpost.com/related/topics/hormonal+balance+beam/1817189/story.html

Karen

• JustMe2C
    Options
    I hear ya, @editorgrrl. Every time something goes haywire, I'm wondering what issue is causing this symptom. Can get rather frustrating.

Thanks for sharing that article, Karen. I've cut down on my carbs a lot and it's made me feel quite a bit better as well. :)