July 1-15

Options

Replies

• Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Green: Yes
    Total 11/28

I did a run/walk combo today with my Gymboss a.k.a. Runboss (ha, ha, ha, ha). @MelissaPhippsFeagins You crack me up w/"Runboss". Great new profile pic! And congratulations to your DD (What does that stand for? Ha, ha, ha.) on her PR!

@R_Queenie Hang in there. Sending hugs and support your way. You can do this.
    @jenthibert Glad you enjoyed your weekend. Yes, get back to the exercise groove tomorrow.
    @k80flec Do what you can. We'll be right here waiting on you.
    @bbinoa I'm glad you like the Gymboss. I used mine today for the first time today, and I love it. I programmed mine to vibrate and beep. I was dang near cussing it out towards the end of my run, but that's to be expected. Ha, ha, ha. I did 2 minutes run and 1 minute walk. I am thinking about reducing the walk time after I get more comfortable, but for now, I think I'll leave the settings alone. My husband told me this morning that I put on a lot of equipment to go running, and after I thought about it, I laughed because he is right. I put on the chest strap for my HRM, the watch for my HRM, my phone to track my distance/speed, my RoadID bracelet just in case something happens to me, and now the Gymboss. Between the phone telling me my distance/speed, my HRM beeping every time I get into and out of my range, and now this Gymboss beeping/vibrating, it's a lot going on. It's all good though. Anything to get me ready for this half marathon.
    @2marsh I'll try to do as well as possible. Hope you had a great day!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    @Laughter Girl DD = dear daughter...or darned daughter if she's making me crazy. And I can't help it. I can't imagine using an interval timer while I am doing bench presses, squats or dead lifts at 80 pounds or more, which is mostly what I do at the gym. I guess my friend Amy could use it for teaching HIIT, but it's a runner's tool. LOL
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    We have July Streakers!!

Laughter_Girl
    MelissaPhippsFeagins

Please let me know if you are a streaker!!
    It only takes 10 straight Green days.
    We have plenty of days left for all of us to make it before July comes to an end.
  • Rebamae
    edited July 2015
    Options
    My stats:

green = 12*/31
    red = 0
    Streak = 12
    Streak goal =20
  • bbinoa
    bbinoa Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    green today
    total 11/27
    Having some really stressful days at work. Ugh. I vary between being so busy and crazy I have no appetite and then going home and wanting to inhale everything because I feel like I deserve it. Forced myself to sit down and slowly eat lunch today which helped.
    @Rebamae. .. nice Streak!
    @R_Queenie. ... hang in there. You're still logging and that's awesome. We all have those days, weeks etc.
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins I now forever want to call that gymboss thing a runboss! Hehe. I guess it's for HIIT and other stuff like that.
    @Laughter_Girl you crack me up! When I went out Sunday I had my watch and gymboss strapped on my left arm, my fitness tracker on my right wrist and my phone on my right bicep. Plus I had my ipod and headphones since part of the run was around the HS track. I'm fairly slow too, always have been always will be so I was cracking up at all my accesories. At some point it may be easier to just tow a wagon behind me. Wait till I get to the point I need water and snacks on the long run. I'll be like a mobile convenience store!
  • R_Queenie
    R_Queenie Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options

Green: Yes.
    Had most meals planned out. After meals, I logged before I went back to the kitchen --I really want to eat something, but I know I don't need it. I really wanted to eat candy at the office - but I avoided. Water, maybe a decaf coffee, and then brushing teeth!

Total 5.

• jenthibert
    jenthibert Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    July 13 green, 10/25
    Back on track with a 5+ mile walk after work. Felt great!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    7/13 -green
    12/25
    Streak 11 days

I quit at today...I woke up late this morning and it was all downhill from there.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    Total 12/28

Today was just a light one mile race. It was Dart for Art. Ha, ha, ha. Actually, it was hot out, and I'm glad it was only one mile. I wouldn't have survived otherwise.

@MelissaPhippsFeagins Thanks for the definition! You'd be my inspiration in a gym. You're a power horse!
    @jenthibert Great walk! I bet it felt good too.
    @R_Queenie Good for you! When I plan I do so much better.
    @Rebamae You're on a roll!! Keep streaking! He,he,he.
    @bbinoa I'm visualizing the mobile convenient store and literally laughing out loud. You actually wear more equipment than me. Also, like you, I'm a slow runner, and I have no desire to be fast either. One of my girlfriends told me her goal was to run a 6 minute mile, and I told her to have at it. I told her my goal is just to finish any race I run. Everyone can't be the fastest anyway, right? Ha, ha, ha, ha.
  • 2marsh
    2marsh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    7.12 - Green
    7.13 - Chevy
    Total: 12/23

Hi all! It's been a crazy couple of days! I've been waiting to post until I can read through the thread and respond, but that's not looking like it will happen soon. I hope everyone is well!
  • Rebamae
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Happy Terrific Tuesday to each of you B)

Well, I am entering this group post today painted red from embarrassment :#

I blew it last night. I grazed through the kitchen = you would be shocked at how much I ate >:)
    So drinking lots of water today. And I know today is a new day.

green = 12/31
    red = 1*
    Streak = 0
    New streak goal =10

I am not going to reach a streaking goal of 20 this month :'(
    But I am still striving to reach my challenge goal of 26/31.

But, good news - I bought a new pair of capris yesterday that were a whole size smaller!!

• jenthibert
    Options
    July 14 green, 11/25
  • bbinoa
    Options
    green... yes, having some technical issues w MFP so it's either green or chevy. Hmmm.
    total 12/27

So tired. Got my workout clothes on and.... ate Chinese takeout. Oh well.

@Rebamae yep, today is a new day. One day... meh. Get back on that streak!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    7/14 - green in spite of a frappe with whipped cream because I went to barre class. I love dance.
    13/
    Streak 12 days

@Rebamae buying smaller pants is great news. Everyone has days like that, tomorrow is new day.

DH and DS3 came back from Scout camp a day early. There were tornado watches this afternoon... not compatible with tent camping. Last night's storms took down a tree on the road into camp and they had to shelter in place in the dining hall. These are Cub Scouts, not worth taking chances for one more night. It's storming here now so I am glad they are home.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    Green: Yes - Chevy
    Total 13/28

Today was a loooong day. No exercise for me, but I'll knock it out in the morning.
  • 2marsh
    2marsh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Green? Yes! Had to turn it around midday though, which is usually pretty hard for me to do. Victory!

@bbinoa I know! Mine wasn't working at all until like 2 p.m., and I'm sad to say that I took that opportunity to eat absolute junk. Silly how I can behave like a rebellious kid, MFP is the parent, when I'm supposed to be the one in charge.

@Rebamae Yaaay smaller pants! We all have rough days. Hope today is terrific!
  • Rebamae
    Options
    Happy Wednesday to each of you B)

Finally getting back into the GREEN!
    green = 13*/31
    red = 01
    Streak = 1
    Streak goal =10

Do we have any new streakers? Please let me know!.

Here is hoping each of you have a Green Wednesday <3
  • bbinoa
    Options
    green: yes
    Total 13/27

So good news... I'm pretty close to my goal (my goal is more a range so I'm 6-9 lbs away). Exciting, except i haven't lost in almost a month :neutral: I was down to losing about a .5 lb a week but now nothing. Booo. My sisters a dietician and she calculated my calorie needs and it actually came out higher than what I've been eating so I'm giving that a shot for a bit. Who knows, maybe it will shake things up! I know some of you are at goal, any tips for the home stretch? ?
  • jenthibert
    Options
    July 15 green, 12/25
    Sooooo green after a twelve mile walk. Almost half of the marathon distance we'll cover in October!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    Total 14/28

I did the elliptical today. It wasn't the best burn, but it felt good to move.

@bbinoa Congrats on being close to goal!!! What worked for me was to vary things up a bit, which it sounds like you did. I tried some different exercises, ate more at times, ate less at times, and modified some of the foods I was also eating to focus on a particular macro nutrient at times. The other thing I tried was eating a bigger breakfast or lunch and cut back just a little at dinner. Most importantly, I packed some patience. Those last few pounds came off very slowly for me. Thankfully, I did eventually reach my goal, and you will too!
    @jenthibert Go you! That was a great walk, and you'll definitely be ready for October. I hope I am ready for my half in October too.