Intake question

Options
Sarauk2sf
Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
Posting for thekyleo so we have a separate thread:

1) What's your current intake of calories, on average? This is TOTAL CALORIES EATEN so this would include anything you eat for exercise calories. In other words, how much are you eating?

2) What's your current average intake of protein, carbs, and fats, in grams?

3) Do you use a food scale and measure everything?

4) Do you track all of your intake, daily? (Everything?)

5) Do you take cheat days or days off?

6) How much weight have you lost so far?

7) What is your activity like, both exercise and non-exercise? (big difference between a construction worker and a desk job) and did you change that activity withing the last couple of months. If so, what changed.

8) How long have you eaten at your previous amount and what happened in that time frame?

9) What's your height, current weight and if you know it, bodyfat%?

10) If you're stalled, for how long and is it a complete stall (zero change in weight)?

1. about 2200 calories, i exercise about 1100 of them off usually
2. about 90g protein, 40 g fat, 200g carbs
3. Yes i use a food scale to measure everything, even condiments
4. I log everything in as far as what i eat and drink
5. I don't take cheat days or take days off
6. I have lost 57lbs currently
7. I work a desk job, but i lift between 3-4 days a week and run 3 days a week
8. i ate at my previous amount for the last 6 months
9. my height is 6'1, current weight is 226 and my body fat % is 28.1
10. I have been fluctuating between 225 and 227 for the last 2 to 3 weeks.

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Taggin this so I don't miss it.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Thekyleo

Since you've only been stalled for a couple of weeks I think it might be a bit soon to chop intake down, but after 2 more weeks I'd definitely reduce calories. I'm going to leave you a suggestion for macronutrient modification and I'm also going to leave you with a "if you don't start losing in two weeks, do this" recommendation.

Also, you mentioned on your wall that you were going to stop running. I'd keep doing cardio if you enjoy doing it. It burns calories.

I'd like to see your protein closer to the 160g range.
    I'd like to see you set your fat intake up around 70g
    Reduce carbohydrate intake to accomplish this.

If you don't lose any weight in the next two weeks, I would reduce your intake to the below.

2000 kcals
    160p
    70f
    180ish

If you reduce your intake, be sure to be very diligent with accurate tracking and follow up in 3-4 additional weeks with any changes/etc.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Just reading through your answers, and something struck me. Do you do cardio on your weightlifting days and on non-lifting days (ie 6 days per week)?

How do you track your calorie burn? 1000 cals is a whole lot for a cardio day, and on a lifting day I would personally find it next to impossible to get that kind of burn without ... well... burning myself out.
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Just reading through your answers, and something struck me. Do you do cardio on your weightlifting days and on non-lifting days (ie 6 days per week)?

How do you track your calorie burn? 1000 cals is a whole lot for a cardio day, and on a lifting day I would personally find it next to impossible to get that kind of burn without ... well... burning myself out.

I do about 15 minutes of HIIT cardio on my lifting days and 60 mins of cardio on non liifting days
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

I do about 15 minutes of HIIT cardio on my lifting days and 60 mins of cardio on non liifting days

Sounds like a reasonable amount of cardio. As you are eating to a static number, the actual burn is less important as long as you keep your activity levels relatively constant.
  • jnunez5
    jnunez5 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Is this good to be able to lose weight. Thanks for any help.

1) What's your current intake of calories, on average? This is TOTAL CALORIES EATEN so this would include anything you eat for exercise calories. In other words, how much are you eating?

2) What's your current average intake of protein, carbs, and fats, in grams?

3) Do you use a food scale and measure everything?

4) Do you track all of your intake, daily? (Everything?)

5) Do you take cheat days or days off?

6) How much weight have you lost so far?

7) What is your activity like, both exercise and non-exercise? (big difference between a construction worker and a desk job) and did you change that activity withing the last couple of months. If so, what changed.

8) How long have you eaten at your previous amount and what happened in that time frame?

9) What's your height, current weight and if you know it, bodyfat%?

10) If you're stalled, for how long and is it a complete stall (zero change in weight)?

1. My goal is about 1800 calories and after exercise I may eat about 400 more so about 2200 total
    2. I have my current split to be about 180g protein, 50g fat, 158g carbs
    3. I will start to use a food scale and have been measuring everything (I just started tracking again)
    4. I log everything in including drinks
    5. I don't plan on taking cheat days and if I indulge in something it will be tracked.
    6. I have lost 21lbs so far
    7. I work a desk job, but I lift between 6 days a week and run 3-4 days a week
    8. I just started tracking on July 6th before then I just ate better and ran.
    9. My height is 5'7, current weight is 232 and I don't know my body fat %
    10. I just started.