The best buzz for the calories???

Options
Nerakhate
Nerakhate Posts: 11 Member
I love beer and wine, so I can't boot them out of my life. Any suggestions for the best buzz for the calories? Thanks!

Replies

• MikeDubya74
    MikeDubya74 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Tito's vodka and diet snapple iced tea works for me. 1 shot of Tito's is only 80 calories and my drinks last twice as long as beer or wine. If you can't get rid of beer, most are 100 - 150 calories per beer. Go for the flavor with a Rolling Rock @ 130 calories per 12 oz bottle. Wines, I would stick to reds over whites which tend to have more sugars.
  • mtr7232
    mtr7232 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Tito's vodka and club soda with lime!
    Or Michelob Ultras. Those are my go to drinks.
  • Nerakhate
    Nerakhate Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I've been drinking nothing but the finest boxed wine (yes, sarcasm;) -Almaden's Moscato-which is 150 calories per 5 ounces and 13% alcohol by volume. Some of the great German wheat beers hover at 120-150 a bottle, but those are only about 6-7% alcohol by volume.

So, it's definitely an endorsement for Tito's :)
  • amack00
    amack00 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I do Malibu rum, soda, splash of pineapple. Tastes like a piña colada and is 90 calories.
  • amack00
    amack00 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Another thought - you said you like beer and wine. Stick with the lights and ultras for beer, and cut your wine with club soda. I write down my meals ahead and always make sure I have room for my wine :)