July 14, Day 2

Options
KarenZen
KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
edited July 2015 in Social Groups
Yes, Nancy, you're so right! The ten day challenges fly by! Here we are on day two already.

I did well yesterday on everything but exercise, crazily enough. Crazy because the weather was hot and sunny, and I was in a bathing suit all day, but I never landed in the water.

Today (tomorrow) I'm going to bite the proverbial bullet and take some extra prednisone and start swimming for real again--TRAINING for my full-lake swim. I've been doing more leisurely swimming and aquasize with my water weights, hoping that the discs in my back would heal if I took things easy, but in reality, after two months of babying my back and taking amitriptyline and getting a spine injection, it isn't improving at all. So if that's the case, and I'm still going to have all this pain, why not at least get a good swim work out?

Good luck to everyone on day 2!

K.

Replies

• catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Great attitude Karen!! Go for it , after two months of no change....swim!!! Swimming helps back pain, but I realize it takes a tremendous effort to move to get out and in the water. YOU can do it!!! It is now not only HOT, but the Humidity has kicked in!! In a couple weeks it will get to the point were it is hard to breath!!

Well...here is to day 2 !! Hope you all had a great sleep and a great day 2 !
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Good morning!

I woke up to find my fabulous man had actually remembered to do the "favor" I asked him for last night--bring up a little cooler with icepacks and a protein shake before he left for work. How lovely! Now I can ice up and take some meds BEFORE I have to face the staircase.

Whatever mood shift started yesterday is still on. I am raring to go this morning. First order of business will be cleaning this bedroom. Next order is a good swim. Meal plan in place. Day Two will be a success!

Xxoo
    K.
  • ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Good day all!

Yesterday was a fabulous day and a solid start to the challenge. I got my exercise in and did some swimming at a BBQ pool party I was invited to. The best part is that I was able to judge the cannonball competition. I abstained from competing to give the others a fighting chance haha. Tonight is basketball night and I am quite excited. We have a few people out of town so I am hoping that we manage to get enough people.

Karen, good luck getting in a good swim!
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Zac, sounds like you are doing really well---love all your social outings!

I'm adding another goal to this 10 day challenge: work on BIGFOOT writing 10+ hours over next 10 days. There's absolutely NO reason I can't write for an hour each day. My long term goal is to write 4+ hours each day by the end of August, so each 10 days I'll add an hour.

Foodwise I am struggling today. Just very, very hungry. I'm going to start chugging water to see if that helps.

K.
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Ugh Ive pulled my achilles again :'(
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your injury, Lise. What did you do?
  • KarenZen
    Options
    End of a busy day here. Something snapped in my lower back, and suddenly I have better range of motion with less pain than I've had in months. When I move I can actually hear and feel this "clunk" noise in my lumbar region. I don't know what's going on, but it's better than that freaking intense nerve pain!

I'm going to bed early with some ice packs and pray that tomorrow is a miracle cure. That would be awesome!

Day 2 was "meh." I did okay but ate WAY too many almonds!

K.
  • linzee32
    linzee32 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I was way under my calories today ( as usual)

Took my dog for a 3.5 mile walk, finished in 45 minutes. When you are 6 foot tall you can walk pretty fast.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Nice work, Linzee!
  • maoribadger
    Options
    I was doing push presses at the gym and just went up on my toes but had a 25kg weight on my shoulders. Pain just shot up back of leg. Still stiff today but not as sore. Back to stretching it again
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Lise, I hate to hear that you've reinjured yourself again!!! We need some major muscle healing mojo across this whole group - muscles, tendons, ligaments, and cartilage, yes, please!!
  • maoribadger
    Options
    Thanks mate. Went lifting tonight and minimised the cardio. Not running til Sunday so hoping it will have eased by then