I'm not alone this is incredible to me.

Options
kasaflyer
kasaflyer Posts: 4 Member
I'm a 52 year old type 1 diabetic and have never been part of a type 1 diabetic support group ever. I am going to lose a hundred pounds in the next year. I lost 15 pounds in the last month and have a routine that seems to work for me. It is exciting for me to have other type 1 diabetics who can truly relate 2 how difficult losing weight is for us. I'm not sure how this works so please post to this discussion and let me know if you have questions or suggestions Thanks

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure that 100 lbs. per year can be done safely unless you are really overweight (i.e. you need to lose 250-300 lbs. total). I started at about 50 lbs. overweight and in 18 months, I've not quite lost 30.

Are you on MDI or a pump? Feel free to send me a friend request.
  • kasaflyer
    Options
    I'm feeling great with my current routine right now I'm losing between 2 and 3 pounds a week. My insulin intake is down and sugars have been the best ever for me. I take NPH and Regular insulin and test up to 5 times a day. MFP has been an enormous help with tracking everything.
  • jamie_lee80
    jamie_lee80 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    @kasaflyer welcome!! I'm happy to hear that you are having some success! You'll get a lot of good information from this group!
  • kasaflyer
    Options
    @kasaflyer welcome!! I'm happy to hear that you are having some success! You'll get a lot of good information from this group!

Thanks I am indeed learning a lot.
  • Colorful12
    Colorful12 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ladies, there is a fantastic Facebook group of 1500 t1d women of all ages. The group means the world to me. If you message me on Facebook @ Ruth Golmant I'll see if I can add you.
  • jamie_lee80
    jamie_lee80 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    @RGolmant that sounds awesome! I am going to send you a request!
  • carolinatx
    carolinatx Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Kasaflyer - good for you!! Congrats and welcome! I've been on MFP for about a year and a half and it's an awesome tool for diabetes carb tracking and weight loss. I wish you continued success!! :smiley: