Welcomes and Introductions

Options

Replies

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    I also was in the Easter Challenge and 4th of July Challenge with this same group of ladies. We have all been very supportive with each other. Janice
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, Ruthie here jumping over from the old group. Thanks to Esther, Connie and Marie for getting us going on the new challenge!
    Ruthie
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! My name is Becky and I live in Maryland. I joined the Easter Challenge and lost about 10 lbs, but then started experimenting with LC and gained. I wasn't exercising, so no wonder I didn't lose and keep it off. I'm now working with a personal trainer 3x/week and getting metabolic counseling to reset my metabolism with a meal plan each week. I'm thrilled to be here and ready to shed 20 lb by Thanksgiving!

Becky
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,944 Member
    Options
    1461351h0otf8hco5.gifMy name is Barbie....I am friends with Marie and Esther and some of the others from the Easter and 4th of July groups. I lost the weight I wanted (from 183 to 125) a few years ago and have continued on MFP to make sure that I don't go back to my old ways.

I walk very early in the morning because I walk with excitable dogs and don't want to see people, cars, and dogs to get them too jumpy. What I did was take a good look at my day and stop doing some time wasting activities so I could go to bed earlier and then get up earlier to walk. I love the quiet cool time in the morning. It is peaceful and meditative and assures that I'll be walking at least 10,000 steps a day.

Staying connected to like minded friends is one of the best ways to make sure that you'll stay on the right path.

<3 Barbie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    looks like we have two on maintained Vicky and Barbie. we can learn a lot from both of you Let us know if there are anyone else. Barbie has stuck by me for almost 7 years here on MFP Helping me in every way she can But My old body is not cooperating very well one of These days it will
    Thanks Barbie for you and your husband Jake friendship thru out the years.

marie
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Marie, I thought for some reason that you and Barbie were related :p
    Ruthie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    JLoRuthie wrote: »
    Ruthie
    no I met her on MFP going on 7 years. Ago on a thread I started called the Senior golden sneakers another girl took over it and on went on to be a Group She has been sort of a guarding angle to me all these years Watching out for me. We both still post there And yet we are as different as Day and night.

And I have another question for her Barbie is there a way to pin a topic to stay at the top I do know that their used to be but have not seen in quite a while I know that when you post on a group it jump to the top of the list
    Am I making sense
    marie

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,944 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Ruthie
    no I met her on MFP going on 7 years. Ago on a thread I started called the Senior golden sneakers another girl took over it and on went on to be a Group She has been sort of a guarding angle to me all these years Watching out for me. We both still post there And yet we are as different as Day and night.

And I have another question for her Barbie is there a way to pin a topic to stay at the top I do know that their used to be but have not seen in quite a while I know that when you post on a group it jump to the top of the list
    Am I making sense
    marie

Marie, I think the group administrator (Esther) can pin a topic to stay at the top of the group's topic list....you and I have been friends so long on MFP that I feel like we are family. <3
  • CALIECAT
    edited July 2015
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Ruthie

Am I making sense
    marie

Marie, I think the group administrator (Esther) can pin a topic to stay at the top of the group's topic list....you and I have been friends so long on MFP that I feel like we are family. <3
    All the early golden sneakers feel like my daughter. except Buzz and since she took over my spot as the oldest me and her are like Sisters

No body come close to me here I am the oldest. So far.
  • DeeNyceRN
    DeeNyceRN Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    My name is Denise, I live in Michigan. I am married and a Mom to one awesome grown-up daughter and Grandma to 3 with one on the way! I have lost a total of 31 pounds on my MFP journey that I started in February. I also was a member of the 4th of July challenge. I lost 10 pounds and gained a lot of friends! I am excited to be in this group! Thank you Esther for starting this group!
    Denise
  • glow19
    glow19 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm from the 4th of July challenge. I loss some but I still have a long way to go. I got serious about MFP in April, 2015. I have been off & on for 2 years. I'm an emotional eater, but going yhe challenge helped me greatly to push past alot. I'm still learning what worse & does not work for me, but another challenge will be a blessing for me.
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Welcome to the "club". It is good to see so many returning members of the July challenge and Easter challenge. It is also great to see new names too. Best of luck to all and happy losses to all!!

Esther
  • milagros00
    milagros00 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I am Melanie. I married to my High School Sweetheart who put me on to the challenge. (20 pounds by July 4th). I lost 8 pounds.

Now I am ready to loose the rest.

I love the discussion and support of this group and am so thankful that the group is continuing. :p
  • eukleja
    eukleja Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm back in this after doing the July 4th challenge :) Thanks for stepping up and keeping it going! About me: My name is Erin and I'm about to start nursing school in the Fall. I'm engaged to this amazingly supportive man who is taking care of me financially, mentally, and emotionally so I can pursue that with no distractions. We'll be getting married sometime in 2016... probably need to set a date soon! I also work for a non-profit called Operation Enduring Warrior that works with wounded veterans to help them do things they didn't think they could do anymore with their injuries. It's awesome to see a guy with one leg climb a rope and kill an obstacle course race, but then it makes me realize how much I need to get back in shape!

Looking forward to the next couple months with all of you!

Erin
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hi. I am Vicky.

I am 68, married almost 48 years, have two grown sons and 5 grands. I live in the Piedmont area of North Carolina.

I started trying to get healthier and lose some weight 3 years ago because diabetes and heart trouble run in my family. My sister (64) and I have a running competition to stay on track.

I reached my goal weight on May 31 and now am trying to maintain. I have lost 35 lbs and find maintaining to be much harder than losing.

But I get in my 10,000 steps daily (except some SundaysI take a rest day).

I love this group because you guys are so inspirational and motivating to me. And I need to stay on track and not put this same 35 lbs back on.
  • MammaxFive
    MammaxFive Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just realized I didn't introduce myself on this thread.
    I'm a married mother of 5 kids. 3 girls (ages: 2, 12 & 16) and 2 boys (ages: 5 & 8). I'm also a part time nanny to three little ones. My goal is to lose these extra 30ish pounds my 5 pregnancies have left me with. I'm currently 167lbs, I would love to be 135, which was my weight at 18 years old (before having babies). Hopefully I can lose at least 20 of those pounds by Thanksgiving, because in December I am going back to school to get my masters degree! Very excited, but nervous!! Once I start school I will have even less time to focus on weight loss, between that, working part time, and being a full time Mom to 5!! Good luck to everyone, and I look forward to getting to know you all :)
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Welcome to our group one and all. We are happy to have you joining us.

Esther
    Aka the fearless leader B)
  • yesIcan155
    yesIcan155 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hello! It is nice to see all of the familiar losers from the July 4 challenge, and I am looking forward to getting to meet everyone else. I wasn't active at the end of the July 4 challenge because I was traveling around Europe for the past 18 days, but I am thrilled to be back on MFP. Congrats to the group for such an incredible loss.
    I am 32 and live in Delaware, OH. I have been using MFP for a couple of years, and I have lost close to 25 lbs so far. I still have 35+ to go. I am happy to support anyone who wants to add me as a friend. The support and accountability really keeps me on track.

Jessica
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Welcome back Jessica. Happy to have you in our group again.

Esther
  • rajaa83
    rajaa83 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am Rajaa also from 4th of July Challenge. I am an active mom of two (3years and 10 months) angels.
    after giving birth I let myself go a lot. I am always running around to make everyone happy to the point that I completely forgot myself. I had a wake up call some months ago and I decided to move things around. I lost 23 pounds so far (most of them during the 4th of July Challenge) and I m still hoping to lose 10 more .
    before joining the 4th of July group I have tried everything in the book to lose weight but nothing seemed to work until I met that amazing group of people that gave me help, support and constant motivation and then the pounds started falling of :)
    I wish the best luck to everyone here. we can definitely do this :)