I am new tonight

Options
fallhiker
fallhiker Posts: 18 Member
Hello, whoever is out there! :) I am brand new tonight and looking for some friendship in this group. I am thinking about returning to an OA phone group but not sure how it works with this site exactly. I know there are different beliefs as to how OA should be done. The group I did only used the blue book and didn't do calorie counting. I am hoping for some friends here who are active. Thank you!

Replies

• sebedina
    sebedina Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hi, you can add me as a friend. I am trying to be consistent with being active. I tend to be worse in the evenings with my eating. My eating is a mess at the moment, I am ok day time as I am at work but from 5 pm as it seems the structure goes out of it and I end up binge eating in the evenings. I am finding it hard to get a grip. Each day, I start to find a way to control it. I have tried Weight Watchers but can't stick to it. I work too much as well.
  • sebedina
    sebedina Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    It is all emotional, psychological and also physical. I find it hard to know which one is in control in the evenings.
  • MichelleOnWheels
    MichelleOnWheels Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    i find the phone meetings helpful at night when im struggling
  • sanddollar
    sanddollar Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hi Fallhiker, I am in a group that only studies the blue book (AA big book) and don't count calories. If you are interested in only following the big book, let me know! However, here is some information on it:

http://www.oabigbooksolutiongroup.org gives information and there is a list of face to face and phone meetings.

There are some phone meetings that have been recorded, so you can listen anytime!
    Foundation/Overview meeting that explains everything: 209-255-1099, access code 740111#, then when they ask for reference code press 93# for one I especially like. However, there are over 120 recordings, so you can listen to any of them.

Here is a set of speaker meetings, where the same speaker talks for 4 meetings, but gets into more detail than the meeting listed above.
    605-562-3132 Access code 674599#
    Reference numbers:
    9# she speaks about steps 1-3
    10# she speaks about steps 4
    11# she speaks about steps 5-9
    12# she speaks about steps 10-12

Feel free to message or email me with any questions or if you are looking for a sponsor.
    Lisa G - recovered and available sponsor in California
    myndawn@gmail.com
  • lindajpr1
    lindajpr1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for that information, sanddollar! I'm in recovery, celebrating 15 years of abstinence on August 19th, and available to help! I use MFP for my food tool but I wouldn't be able to do any food tool/plan etc., if not for being restored to sanity by the 12 steps of Overeaters Anonymous.