1: Tone...decrease body fat 5%, weights
2. Thin: drop ten pounds,log!!
3. Train: swim, run,and bike twice a week
4. Tri!!!! Race in August2olvnh5smdgy.jpg

Replies

• barbhat13
    barbhat13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Challenge starts for me today ( worked three 12 hour shifts).... Starting weight is 13.4 pounds higher than my desired race weight ....( and thirty more than my desired 2015 goal) ... So onward!!!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I'm here!

My goal is to start losing weight again -- I'll put 122 as my goal, but it really doesn't matter -- and to get back on my workout schedule. I think I have a mental block about actually doing a triathlon again, which was supposed to be my reward for the summer and being fit again. (I used to do them back when I was fit before, so this was a long-term goal of mine when I started losing weight in January '14, and I knew I wouldn't be ready by summer '14.) Something about it is scaring me (and I'm still a little uncomfortable with the clipless pedals on my new bike; I kind of wish I'd just left the standard pedals on), so I keep finding excuses to push back the tris I'm planning to do, which I think is one reason I've been struggling more with getting in my cardio sessions after being in really good bike shape in March. (High stress work thing and travel also derailed me over the past few weeks.)

So this is my challenge -- get back to it and start doing some triathlons. If I don't enjoy it, I'll just do one (I am sure I could finish an olympic length now), and most likely I will enjoy it and the fear will be greatly diminished.
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I am stuck at 147, it is a good weight for me, so for this challenge I want to tone up more. I want to get legs a bit smaller. I want to also start running, going to strive for the c25k. we shall see how that goes.
  • tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I maintained throughout the last challenge, but really need to trim a few more pounds. I need to get back to cooking at home, and not eating out. Since we just moved on Friday, and our boxes are NOT unpacked, we've been eating out too much.

My goals are to lose 5#, ride my bike 5-10 miles a week, and unpack a box a day!
  • freyjac
    freyjac Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Last month was a bad month. I gained instead of lost. This month I need to get back on track. I am setting a goal of 198 for this challenge. I want to get back into a good exercise routine and eating better. My son wants to do a half marathon. I told his m he will be waiting for awhile for me but I am willing to do it with him. But first I need to get into a regular schedule of running before I start upping the miles.
    I am hoping to do better this month.
    Good luck to everyone on your goals.
  • wikkidwanda
    wikkidwanda Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm currently adding a challenge each month to my original summer challenge of eating healthy, tracking my food and exercising like a boss....

I now exercise 30-45 min daily, this month I have added the squat challenge and the abs challenge and next month I'll be lowering my calorie intake from 1850 to 1600. I'm hoping to lose 15 lbs by Sept long weekend. And be down at least 1 size in clothes, but preferably down 2 as then I will be in the teens and I haven't been there since i WAS a teen! Good luck to everyone! and @freyjac if you'd like to add me as friend, I would be happy to encourage you as I see you improve! I know for ME that keeps me accountable... :)
  • classysassy4ever70
    classysassy4ever70 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Goals for this challenge:

Stick to it & not slack off! Exercise & get as many steps in as possible! Start eating clean & watch my calorie in take after working out. I can't get the right balance to work...I gained in the last challenge. I workout like crazy which is great and then I eat all of my calories & then some. Poor planning I guess!

Good luck to all!
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I guess for this one my goal is to get on track and stay there. It would be nice to get out of the 200s by Labor Day. I'll work toward that and see how it goes.
  • SilverStormi
    SilverStormi Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    My main goal for this challenge is to get back on track. Log everything and get back to my weight from the start of last challenge. I slacked off so bad but somehow still managed to keep my streak on here. I cant believe this weekend I will hit 500 days of logging! So another goal is to keep my logging streak going.
  • JreedyJanelle
    Options
    I am at maintenance and my goal is to not gain during this time. I have lost a little, but my weight is staying stable. My main goal is to stay on track and keep up the activity and remain at this weight or lose a little, but no gain.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    I am at maintenance and my goal is to not gain during this time. I have lost a little, but my weight is staying stable. My main goal is to stay on track and keep up the activity and remain at this weight or lose a little, but no gain.

I appreciate those who have succeeded still being active on MFP. It's an ongoing inspiration and also a reminder that MFP is still a welcome place after we reach our goals. It is helpful to see what the maintaining process looks like as well. JreedyJanelle, thank you for being here.
  • jocop2003
    jocop2003 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Well my goal is to eat clean/paleo diet as I am struggling with hypothyroidism, I have fallen off the wagon with my diet and logging.
    I want to do yoga at least 4 day a week with 5 days of cardio and 3 to 4 days of strength training
    As well as drink about 3 litres of water day. Hopefully with this I will lose the weight permanently. I hope I can lose 10 lbs by labor day.
  • JreedyJanelle
    Options
    I appreciate those who have succeeded still being active on MFP. It's an ongoing inspiration and also a reminder that MFP is still a welcome place after we reach our goals. It is helpful to see what the maintaining process looks like as well. JreedyJanelle, thank you for being here.

Thanks for the call out. I want to remain in these challenges for my benefit, and I am eager to help those along the way with suggestions and cheering them on. I am continuing my workouts and feel amazing, and I want all of you to succeed. Let's have a great summer and be down in weight by Labor day!!!
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    My goals are:
    1. Eat at a deficit (between 3500 - 7000 kcal deficit per week)... which ideally will mean 10+ lbs by the end of the challenge
    2. Activity # priority is foot/ankle/body care, which means plantar fasciitis stretching in the morning, lunch, and before leave work, doing ankle rehab exercises 3x/week, general stretching 3x/week, and wearing my straussburg socks at night.
    3. Other activity goals (given food/ankle doing OK) - weight training 3x/week (nothing putting pressure on ankle), dancing 3x/week, HIIT 3x/week (building up gradually due to ankle).
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I just want to progress !! I have been stuck for far too long ! I will be working on staying more active and paying closer attention to what i am eating and drinking. I Should have already hit my main goal but i have not been following the path of a winner lately. SO here's to yet another shot at getting it done.
  • shanteel612
    shanteel612 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I want to lose I am not to choosey. I think that I want to aim for 10 lbs.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Goals for Labor Day Challenge:
    1. Log daily
    2. Avoid highly processed foods
    3. Be more active (doing something qualifying as cardio 5 days/week)
    4. Get 7 to 8 hours of sleep most nights
    5. Better organization (which reduces unnecessary stress)
    6. Weight goal for this challenge is to lose 11 pounds

So far this week:
    1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. Some
    4. Yes
    5. Yes
    6. On track so far.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I'm treading water it seems, but okay with that since it's a learning experience too. I can't believe I haven't crossed into "overweight" from "obese" yet. Sure thought I'd be there by now. Hopefully will do that in THIS challenge. Thanks for keeping this going everyone!!