Am I the only one with a weak bladder? (sorry TMI) lol

Options
2»

Replies

• shedthesweater
    shedthesweater Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it happens, but I have drank so much water all my life, I really think my body is used to it.
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 314 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    The pills didn't work last night, so I guess the night before was a fluke. He gave me oxybutynin and myrbetri. He is asking for a Catscan to be done of the pelvic area. I know I have a hernia but he wants to see where it is and if it is pressing on the bladder.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    ssflbelle wrote: »
    The pills didn't work last night, so I guess the night before was a fluke. He gave me oxybutynin and myrbetri. He is asking for a Catscan to be done of the pelvic area. I know I have a hernia but he wants to see where it is and if it is pressing on the bladder.

Hi Amanda
    I am sorry to hear that, My Doc gave me two weeks of samples of the Myrbetriq (Spelling?) and It did not help me.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • ssflbelle2012
    Options
    Well the catscan is scheduled for July 8th. The pills are helping during the day but not at night. I had not had Myrbetri before and was hoping it would help. Sorry to hear it didn't work for you either. After the catscan maybe something else will be suggested. He did say my weight and the pressure of that weight was causing some of the problems. I told him I was on NS and have been for over a year but only lost about 44 pounds. He suggested maybe I should get WLS as have many other Doctors. Am reading about it and not really sure if it is for me. Hopefully some other course of action can be taken and will be helpful.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Belle
    I suppose the weight could be a part of it. This is one thing the weight loss has not really helped, I had hoped it would but the other benefits are still worth the loss.

BTW I had looked into surgery and was not all that impressed by the side effects, including that some people had initial losses and then since their eating behavior was not modified they still managed to put the weight back on. Not to mention health issues.

Good Luck
    Roger
    88672520.png
  • ssflbelle2012
    Options
    11th day on med and I had a dry night again. The second time so far. I went to bed around 12:30 at 6 I got a signal I had to go and was even able to get out of bed and walk to the bathroom. Maybe it will just take some time. I only have a few days left of the sample Myrbetiq I think I will call and see if I can get some more as Monday will be the last day and my Pelvic exam is not until Thursday.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Amanda
    Have You tried adjusting Your water intake? Or to put it another way, Have the majority of Your Water in the morning and only sip in the afternoon and evening? That could help.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • ssflbelle2012
    Options
    That is usually what I do Roger. I know I drink a lot more water than I need but my throat is always dry. I told the Dr about that and he did check for diabetes which I do not have. The only other thing must be the meds I take. This week I found in Walgreens and Walmart a dry mouth lozenge called ACT and have been taking them at night. This has reduced a lot of the night time water needs. I also called the Dr and he said to come in Monday and he would give me more samples of the Myrbetiq. He made it real easy for me by saying just call us when you get to the parking lot and one of the girls will bring them to you so you don't even have to unload your scooter. I thought that was real considerate and nice of him. I will be seeing him again on July 13, by than he should have the CT results and we will see what we are dealing with and what can do be done.
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    I only had a minor issue in this area, and my weight loss appears to have solved it. Now, even when I jog, no leaks! I hope that everyone finds what works best for him or her, and that this too improves as we lose.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    That is usually what I do Roger. I know I drink a lot more water than I need but my throat is always dry. I told the Dr about that and he did check for diabetes which I do not have. The only other thing must be the meds I take. This week I found in Walgreens and Walmart a dry mouth lozenge called ACT and have been taking them at night. This has reduced a lot of the night time water needs. I also called the Dr and he said to come in Monday and he would give me more samples of the Myrbetiq. He made it real easy for me by saying just call us when you get to the parking lot and one of the girls will bring them to you so you don't even have to unload your scooter. I thought that was real considerate and nice of him. I will be seeing him again on July 13, by than he should have the CT results and we will see what we are dealing with and what can do be done.

Hi Amanda
    It sounds as If You have a Gem for a Doctor.
    I take just a sip of water at night if I wake up, Just enough to swirl around the mouth to kill the dryness and then back to sleep.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • ssflbelle2012
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I had the CT scan yesterday and the PCP called first thing this morning and wanted me to come in. I really didn't understand a lot of what he was telling me but it didn't sound good. I will be seeing the urologist on Monday and hope he can provide me with more info. Based on the report I have received I have some kind of a bladder tumor and acute renal failure with lesion of renal medullary (papillary) necrosis and a porcelain gallbladder. Will have more info hopefully after Monday.
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Oh, Amanda...sorry you have all that going on. I wish you all the best. At least by finding out, you can make a plan to go forward. Information helps me to get more comfortable. But, I also understand that when things aren't right and you have medical labels and diagnoses, it's scary and can be depressing. Thanks for sharing! And, please keep us posted on what you learn and how you feel. You're in my thoughts and prayers. Hoping all the best for you!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Amanda
    I am sorry to hear the bad news. I will keep You in my Prayers.

Good Luck on Monday, Do not be afraid to ask them to explain anything You do not understand.
    Roger
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Definitely have you in my prayers, Amanda.

Yes, like Roger said, you ask all the questions you can. Write them down beforehand so you won't forget once you get there.

(((HUGS)))
  • ssflbelle2012
    Options
    Dr took a urine test and he didn't see any cancer cells or blood in the urine. He feels that the radiologist reading the CT was overzealous in his findings. Perhaps due to my obesity and him wanting to cover his *kitten*. He did say if I do see any blood in the urine to call him right away. He does want me to come back in 3 months for another urine test. Until then I am keep taking the oxybutynin and myrbetri as we are seeing some signs of improvement. Three times I did have a dry bed within the last 3 weeks and I am getting to the bathroom during the day without accidents. So hopefully within a few more week of the pills more improvement will take place.
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    That's wonderful Amanda!!! Such a relief. Hope this course of action helps.
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    That is WONDERFUL news, Amanda!!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Dr took a urine test and he didn't see any cancer cells or blood in the urine. He feels that the radiologist reading the CT was overzealous in his findings. Perhaps due to my obesity and him wanting to cover his *kitten*. He did say if I do see any blood in the urine to call him right away. He does want me to come back in 3 months for another urine test. Until then I am keep taking the oxybutynin and myrbetri as we are seeing some signs of improvement. Three times I did have a dry bed within the last 3 weeks and I am getting to the bathroom during the day without accidents. So hopefully within a few more week of the pills more improvement will take place.

Hi Amanda
    Good News indeed. I agree that there is to much CYA taking place these days.
    I hope You do have continued improvements.
    Roger
  • ssflbelle2012
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Me too!