July 17, Day 5

Options
KarenZen
KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
Here's the new thread start.

How about a Friday topic? Write a quick post about your best "healthy me" moment this week. What did you experience that needs to be celebrated? What good choice did you make?

I'm going to think on this too before I just babble out my first thought.

Good luck on your day five/halfway goals!
Xxoo
K.

Replies

• catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Well I am back in the living! Geez I do not know where to start!

Carly I hope your legal issues get sorted soon as I can imagine what a drain it is on you! I do hope u made it to your Grandmas birthday! Take care of yourself ! You really have 'it' together and I am proud ( and a bit envious) of you!

Karen! You are doing an amazing job ! Not sure what the heck u did, but so happy to hear you are able to move about better! Just get that Checked out before you take on too much, coz u want to be sure you have not re-injured yourself! ! Only a few days left in this challenge and u are doing great! How about a bit of honey like one teaspoon in your lite yogurt?

Zac! So happy to hear you are really enjoying time with friends and getting out and about. I can tell from your recent thread you are happy! You are a 'social' person anyway and really are doing a great job exercising and eating well too!

Dee, glad to c u back here! Hope you were. Able to manage a walk in around the block! I would love to attend Spa night! First time I have heard of that!

I have to get off computer for a minute as the nurse is waiting for me.....I am the patient now!! This is why I have been absent from MOTO,,,,,,,and u thought I had given you all a break from my ramblings!!!!I will be back shortly!
    Xoxo
    Nancy
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Nancy, I just saw your post as I was heading to bed. I'm so happy to see you again! Hope all is well.

Xxoo
    K.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Good morning! Sunshine here if a bit chilly for July. I'm icing and drinking my protein shake before heading to PT. Yesterday I had some good and bad back moments--I need to call my neurosurgeon and ask about the clunking noises. I think that all the fluid pockets around my sacroilliac finally drained and now I have more movement and less nerve compression.

Hopefully after physical therapy I'll have enough juice left for a good swim.

Nancy, how are you doing today, and how did you wind up as a patient all week?

Lise, how's the Achilles?

K.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Things are giving, and things are improving, just to do it right, it's a slow journey. I made the difficult choice not to go to my grandmother's gathering for a number of reasons. It isn't worth an 8 hour+ round trip to spend 2 hours with her that a million others will be vying for her attention too. The $100+ I'd spend needs to pay rent and get the tags for my car. It is financially irresponsible of me to go, and I"m finally accepting that, so I'm better today. I really want to see her, but it will probably be better to go another time.

I can't really focus on a particular "healthy me" moment this week. This has been pure survivial. Around 40 carbs daily most of this week instead of 20 carbs, just because stress and strawberries and not caring. I think it's funny that binging for me anymore or eating off plan is berries and a few bites of things I wouldn't normally eat that just don't taste that good anymore. LOL But that isn't just this week. That's been six months of progress, and 7 months of prep for that moment to arrive.

I've been intentionally pushing for lesser good choices because I'm doing a reboot next week and I wanted to let my metabolism have a tiny break. I've unintenionally ended up doing morning fasts a couple times this week (normally I start the fast AFTER my tea, if I'm doing it at all), but I had a couple nights where I ate meals late and wasn't hungry when I normally am, so just rolled with it. No major side effects either, so... just going with it for now.

Nancy, I hope you're okay. I've seen some vague references to an injury or illness this week. Are things okay???

Karen, your back thing is scaring me. i don't know why. I hope you get some good news after therapy today. You could use it!

HUGS to all!
    Carly
  • ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Life is pretty fantastic out here in Utah. It is warm without being too hot and that makes me happy. My best healthy me moment came when it was my job to bring the treats for my Wednesday church thing. I decided to bring red grapes, strawberries and fresh peaches instead of cookies or something like that. The best news is that everybody loved it and it all disappeared. We will call that one a team victory.

Tomorrow I am looking forward to some more tennis and swimming. I also took most of next week off so I should be able to get in a ton of exercise.

Hope everyone is currently feeling good and healthy. Being sick and injured is not fun so hopefully the worst is behind you all.
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Just a quick hello from me! Zac I am so jealous of your weather and Karen's too. We hit 45 C here again yesterday which is HOT! Thank God I am still inside and have not had to move. I am doing better and will catch u all up later. Thanks for concerns.

Karen I am also worried about your back! Pls take care! Two of us don't need to be sitting in a hospital room!

Wishing you all a great night, sleep well...except Leci who is up by now! Will try to catch up tomorrow! No treadmill for me this week...just trying to get up to the bathroom is about all I can handle! LOL.....and food .....forget that too!

Cheers!
    Nancy
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Hey
    The achilles is a bit sore but manageable. I am going for a run to test it out tomorrow. My own fault I guess for going up on my toes with a 30 kilo bar on my shoulders. Should have guessed it would hurt.
    Been an ok cpl days. I went deadlifting the other night and its been a while so I told myself I would be pleased with 80kg. Ended up on 102.5 which is only 5 off my pb but was getting a headache so didnt push through for the pb. Still pleased though.
    Last cpl of days have been nightshift sleeping and it was a busy one full of vomit and blood! Weighd in this morning post night shift at 15-6. I am so close to my 4 stone mini target (15-4) that it hurts.