Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Kale Chips

Looking for the perfect seasoning for some kale chips, anyone tried making them? I like spicy food so maybe curry, chili pepper or paprika seasoning?
Thanks!

Replies

• venus_blue
    venus_blue Posts: 103 Member
    This reminds me that I have kale in the fridge!

Try a pinch of cayenne, garlic powder, sea salt and smoked paprika, makes a nice spicy - almost BBQ - flavor.

Chili powder (or chipotle powder or chipotles in adobo when you coat them with olive oil) and a little very finely grated lime zest and sea salt, so yummy!

I saw a recipe for garlic and red pepper kale chips somewhere that sounded good.

I have never tried this one, but it has all the flavors I like!
    http://www.phamfatale.com/id_3730/title_Masala-Kale-Chips-Recipe/

I've thought about trying to make green curry ones by using a little green curry paste in the spice "rub".
  • hlhutch91
    hlhutch91 Posts: 94 Member
    I've never made them...do they really satisfy the chip craving... I think I just need the crunch factor with some zip?
    How long do you bake them?
  • grafluckner
    grafluckner Posts: 1 Member
    old bay seasoning is also nice. spray w/ olive oil spray and cook in microwave until crispy. good stuff
  • singysewgirl
    singysewgirl Posts: 6 Member
    I usually use similar spices to Venus' ideas, and also add a lot of nutritional yeast flakes for a nice protein and flavor boost. :)
  • ajm_uwe
    ajm_uwe Posts: 17 Member
    hlhutch91 wrote: »
    I've never made them...do they really satisfy the chip craving... I think I just need the crunch factor with some zip?
    How long do you bake them?
    They do crunch, if you ever have crispy seaweed from the Chinese takeaway its exactly that. I do about 15 mins or until the kale feels crisp when checked.

• rosebai21
    rosebai21 Posts: 5 Member
    I have always just done salt and pepper. If you add enough black pepper, it can certainly give it a bite!
    Man I miss kale chips... my kale didn't grow right this year, so I didn't get to make any :cry:
  • cls81019
    cls81019 Posts: 5 Member
    We love kale chips. My husband's favorite seasoning when making his is Nashville hot seasoning. I love the Ray's stinging honey garlic (has some spice).