A year without broccoli.

Options
FIT_Goat
FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
Today marks one year of not eating plants, for me. I guess that means more than just no broccoli, lol. It means no peas, squash, cauliflower, berries, etc.

I'm celebrating with a big slab of ribs for lunch.

Replies

• wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    As a math geek, you should like broccoli. Here's a fractal broccoli for you to ponder.

Romanesco_Broccoli_detail_-_(1).jpg
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Give up broccoli? I'd rather die. It's the only veggie I could eat every day and never tire of.

I too however am having a slab of ribs later LOL.

Grats on the dedication!
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    :drinker:

I raise my bratwurst to you, friend!

@wabmester - That is a cool image.

While I've been better off for dropping the plants, I do have to admit, I miss my broccoli sometimes (steamed and swimming in butter (or cheese) of course!).
  • greenautumn17
    greenautumn17 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I cannot imagine a whole year without broccoli! It's been a few weeks for me, but a year?? Wow!
  • TheMegOne
    TheMegOne Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am a little new to this. Why would one not want to eat plants when doing lchf? Is it just personal choice?
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    TheMegOne wrote: »
    Hello, I am a little new to this. Why would one not want to eat plants when doing lchf? Is it just personal choice?

I, personally, believe it is healthier to avoid plants and fiber entirely. If not "healthier" than at least as healthy as including the low carb plants. Ultra-low fiber and carbs seems to be the most agreeable way of eating for me.

I'm short, it is just a personal choice. I prefer being carnivore and not having to even consider counting carbs or calories to the alternatives. When I just eat meat, I don't need to count, track, or measure anything. Simplicity at its finest.
  • TheMegOne
    TheMegOne Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ah, ok. Thanks for the reply.
  • DinoChicken
    DinoChicken Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'd die without green veggies!! Ribs without coleslaw is unamerican!

While I commend you for your dedication.. I'd shrivel up and cry (probably from electrolyte imbalance)
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    The 8 year old girl in me wants to be you. I used to throw my brocolli out the window. Mum found a mountain of it behind the rose bush one year.
  • KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Wabmester..LOVE the Fractal Pic.. now I will enjoy my Plant based diet even MORE…knowing I am consuming true art and a complex math design..yum!!

show us a fractal of BUTTER?

It's a good thing we can agree that FATS are the key..no matter what else works for us individually.
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Sorta fractal butter:

4376428941_893f1a2308.jpg

Or how about a Yoda sculpture carved from butter. :)

butter_yoda-380x317.jpg
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Love all the fractals! The butter Yoda is over the top.

Congrats @FIT_Goat for one year as a strict carnivore!
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, @FIT_Goat! Thanks for sharing your carnivore experience with us--I've learned a lot from you. :)
  • toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I may join the carnivores. As it is, I only eat lettuce once or twice a week covered in fat and fish or celery about 3x's with nut butters. I wind up throwing more away each week than eating it.

I tried eating broccoli a few times. I can tolerate maybe one or two of the tree tops - I forget what they are called lol

@Fit_Goat - How do you prepare your ribs?
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    I usually smoke them in my smoker or put my brother-in-law's rub (special blend made for me with no sugar) on them and cook them slow at 200-215 degF for about 5-6 hours.

These ones he prepared and I cooked yesterday. I hate to say, but I am sure he used the version of his rub with sugar in it. I'll survive though. It's likely a few grams at most.

Pretty much any dry rub recipes (minus the sugar) works for ribs. I don't use any sauces or anything with them.
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Congratulations ! Imagine how sad it would be to go a year without bacon, steaks or eggs....broccoli sounds easy to skip.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Wow. You know, the more I get into eating LC, the more appealing living as a carnivore sounds.
  • Almoshposh
    Almoshposh Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I seem to be edging slowly to a carnivore lifestyle. I'm eating fewer and fewer veggies every week...
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    I have ribs just waiting to cook . I don't have a smoker, so 3hrs at 275 in a tinfoil tent in the oven, with 1/4 cup distilled vinegar in the bottom of the pan, then a good broil to finish them off. Not smoky, but the meat is tender and delicious. I just use a dry rub sans brown sugar, with salt, cracked black pepper, paprika, a little dry mustard, garlic and onion powder and cayenne.
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    wabmester wrote: »
    As a math geek, you should like broccoli. Here's a fractal broccoli for you to ponder.

Romanesco_Broccoli_detail_-_(1).jpg

This is romanesco! To me, it looks like it was grown on another planet.