6 Month Milestone!

Options
Miss_Mania
Miss_Mania Posts: 163 Member
edited July 2015 in Social Groups
Well I've seen a few 6 months progress recently, so I've decided to also add mine for accountability purposes. This is my 3rd or 4th account on this damn site, from years of attempting to lose weight and finally found something that I can stick with. In fact this was the 3rd or 4th time I've been a member of the 300+ club - my other accounts are probably still members lol. So if you are struggling right now - Don't give up!! We have all been there and understand.

For practically a decade my weight was at a point that I struggled with anxiety and agoraphobia. I literally never left my house, or answered the phone or anything that involved social contact. To cut a long story short - I spent a lot of my time worrying and thinking myself into the hole I was stuck in. I was depressed, anxious and consumed by my fears which fueled my withdrawal from society. HOWEVER I still remained hopeful!!! At the start of this year I began my journey to lose weight, which for me mean't being more courageous and pushing myself outside of my comfort zone. It mean't admitting to everyone in my life that I wasn't as happy as I pretended, that I needed to change my life completely. My weight loss journey for me has been about taking control back of my life, I'm back in the driver's seat and it feels amazing.

January 1st 2015: 169 kgs - 372 lbs
February 1st 2015: 153 kgs - 337 lbs
March 1st 2015: 146 kgs - 322 lbs
April 1st 2015: 137 kgs - 302 lbs
May 1st 2015 : 131 kgs - 288 lbs
June 1st 2015 : 125 kgs - 277 lbs
July 1st 2015: 119 kgs - 262 lbs

This is my 6 months progress pictures. I believe the starting picture is around 153 kgs - 337 lbs. Not my starting weight as I was less excited to take pictures back then lol. Wish I had of now!!

Hope to be 100 kgs (220 lbs) by the end of 2015!!

obsw6gvnxqf7.jpg

Replies

• violet456
    violet456 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for the inspiration. I think I will take "new" before photos soon. I took them a couple years ago, but that was before pregnancy, about the same weight, well now 10 pounds more I think. But I think new measurements and photos is worth it. Your success will hopefully bring us motivation to keep going.
  • Summershowalter
    Summershowalter Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thank you for sharing your story. That is so awesome that you are on a now well paved road to your goal weight! So inspiring!
  • jlann55
    jlann55 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    wow you have done fantastic, and it is inspiring.
  • 300to1derland
    300to1derland Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    How did you manage to come over the panic and agoraphobia? Like I would love to join a gym - I'm sure I'd see more results than I would from home. But getting out of the apartment on most days is unbearable :(
  • ScrAgnX
    ScrAgnX Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    You're doing awesome. Thanks for being strong enough to post pictures; I have some, but don't know that I will ever be secure enough to post them...
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Pictures say so much don't they? When I looked at yours, I saw a smile on your face in the first one that I recognize, you know that "I'm fine, happy, okay, etc." fake one. The last picture shows a face that is truly fine, happy, okay, etc. Congratulations! The moment we can accept who we are, unflattering pictures and all, that is truly the victory. :)
  • Miss_Mania
    Options
    How did you manage to come over the panic and agoraphobia? Like I would love to join a gym - I'm sure I'd see more results than I would from home. But getting out of the apartment on most days is unbearable :(

Well funnily enough, I had a really overbearing friend that would come around unannounced and make me feel terrible if I didn't go out with her. At the time I thought she was annoying as heck lol. Like she would come pick me up to go buy a bread or smokes for her. She literally couldn't do anything alone and I was embarrassed about my anxiety so I didn't yet have the balls to tell many people about it. I just grimaced and hopped in the car with her. Slowly though as time went on - I realized that I was getting exposure therapy and getting used to being around people. She was quite a popular person and I was forced to meet people all the damn time. I eventually just got used to it.

I asked another acquaintance I knew if she was keen on going to the gym with me after my confidence was built up a little. From there on out we went to the gym everyday together. I had to pick the right gym with the right atmosphere. I picked a gym with a focus on losing weight and the owner was once morbidly obese himself. They had a weight loss group there, which really supported me. Weighing me in every week etc.

I was living off the grid in my family homestead which gave me confidence. I had to do physical labor everyday as we lived without running water. I slowly just got used to being outside. Got a job at a bakery. Now I've moved up to the city (because I plan on finishing my education) and am going to the gym by myself. Which I still find kinda scary on some days. I still have anxiety and I still have days where I feel like I can't leave the house - the only difference is I don't let it get to me anymore. I embrace the fear and carry on anyway. If I feel anxiety about going - I know I HAVE TO GO. Or I'll start being stuck in my old impending doom cycle. Sorry this is the real short version surpisingly lmao.
  • Miss_Mania
    Options
    ScrAgnX wrote: »
    You're doing awesome. Thanks for being strong enough to post pictures; I have some, but don't know that I will ever be secure enough to post them...

I posted these pictures on facebook. Literally all my friends and family have seen them. I feel like it helps keep me real and accountable. People often find it weird that I can have social anxiety but be posting practically nudes lol. My body is my body lol. If they have seen what it looks like with a tshirt trying to cover it, I'm pretty sure they can piece together whats hiding underneath LOL.

• Miss_Mania
    Options
    jltheis7 wrote: »
    Pictures say so much don't they? When I looked at yours, I saw a smile on your face in the first one that I recognize, you know that "I'm fine, happy, okay, etc." fake one. The last picture shows a face that is truly fine, happy, okay, etc. Congratulations! The moment we can accept who we are, unflattering pictures and all, that is truly the victory. :)

They really do. The strange thing is with each photo I've done - I was so proud to be at that point. Then when I get to the next point I'm like wow I can't believe that was me lol. Still got a ways to go but I think showing people through your journey is so important. So often we see success of people who have finished which makes it seem so impossible to attain. Seeing someone's small gradual changes are easier for our minds to conceive.
  • SweetDesiderata
    SweetDesiderata Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Congrats! Looks like you have done a fantastic job, and so inspiring to see!
  • FindingLovely
    FindingLovely Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Thank you for posting. You are such an inspiration :)
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Well done!! So glad you found something that works for you and is livable!
  • crochetpaws
    crochetpaws Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    congrats!!! that is truly inspiring!
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Awesome job thanks for sharing :)
  • Miss_Mania
    Options
    Thanks for everyone's kind words, hope your journeys are all treating you well too =)