Back again

Options
Hi everyone. Mom of 2 from Canada here. Back at MFP again..... My battle is emotional/stress eating. My diary is not open at this point as I can't handle nit picking ;) One day perhaps....

Would love some fun-loving friends..... So please send me a friend request if you fit the bill.

Replies

• Graymanstole
    Graymanstole Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. My dairy is open, people can nit-pick all they want, I don't care! That snickers bar? Hell yes I ate it! And I ran an extra mile too! I'm not really that fun, kinda crotchety and all. But I'm on here all the time.
  • ErinGettingHerGrooveBack
    Options
    LOL - crotchety is fine with me - I can be that way also.
  • cody824
    cody824 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Erin! I'm a fellow emotional and stress eater too! That's how I gained 10 lbs recently within a few months! But now I'm trying to get on the right track by just cutting down portions & not denying myself anything! I am also a mom of 2... but from NJ & also just want to have some friends & support on MFP.

PS... I get the no nit picking stuff... that's why I never went back to Weight Watchers... got yelled at by a bunch of members over my dilemma of wanting to serve "regular" food vs diet food at a dinner party. Nice "support"! Lol!

You can friend me if you want!
  • mhooge
    mhooge Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Canadian here too! I'm a 43 year old mom of 2 and I'm trying to get on track. I'm really struggling right now and would love some encouragement. I'd like to lose 35 pounds but that seems so far away.
  • meanjeanslo
    meanjeanslo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Seriously? They gave you grief for wanting to serve regular food for your guests? How silly!!!

I'm almost 45 & have always struggled. Right now I am in a rut trying to work my way back to better habits. Wish you the best of luck!!
  • trulyjoyouswoman
    trulyjoyouswoman Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am back after a break from site. I did lose five more pounds while I was out and gained some strength, but not nearly what my goal was that I set on the site. I do stress and emotional eating, but I have found I have also done boredom eating so like loose ends, open the fridge and munch on something when I was not hungry. So I stopped doing that. When I am stressed, emotional, bored or loose end I do something healthy for myself instead. I have found I get a rush from sugar and fructose corn syrup. I went to extreme eating just meat and vegetables, and ended up with some b vitamin deficiencies so I am learning my diet must include everything and just balance it and use portion control, and that I lose weight and have better glucose balance by eating more than I use to. I have type 2 diabetes so sugar was controlled a long time by diet alone but recently that was not enough. I am focusing my exercise and fitness goals on performance goals like lowering my blood glucose averages while increasing strength and oxygen production. Before an injury I use to walk 7-10 miles a day, use the treadmill for sixty minutes every morning, do strength training, lots of activities and hiking and was losing weight. After injury I had to change how I was working out or periods where I felt I could not work out do to pain or lack of mobility. I still weigh less than I did so weight loss has been slow going. I do have a gym membership and was doing that up to three days then was hospitalized because I lost oxygen and could not breathe, so my working out is on hold while I see a cardiologist to see if it is related to my heart and make sure my body can do ok with stress of working out. I am still doing low key exercise like swimming today, increasing the length of my walking, and gardening. I am trying to focus on eating healthy and increasing activity level safely.