Step and Sleep Questions

Options
Had my Up2 for about 2 months now. Never had any issues with it.

Now I've noticed that last week and this week, my weekday averages went up a bit. I usually get in about 5,000 steps on weekdays (desk work) but as of this week I seem to be getting just over 6,000 steps. I don't FEEL like I'm moving more, but I guess it's possible that I am? Is it possible this is just an error and it's overguessing? Or perhaps it was underguessing before?

The other thing I noticed is that out of the past 5 nights, the Jawbone went from sleep mode to awake mode all on its own without me doing anything :/ I hadn't had that happen before!

These two things I've noticed after for whatever reason about a week and a half ago that it disconnected from my phone app and I had to reconnect. It seemed fine but now I wonder if something happened? Thoughts or nothing to worry about?

Replies

• blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    That also reminds me - since I got the Up2, I've had issues with the stopwatch mode. I put it in stop watch, then when I open the app again to end it, I have to press like 3 or 4 times before it actually ends stopwatch mode. Weird!
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I just did.

Though I'm wondering if it needed to or if perhaps some of that, well mainly the steps, could actually just be real? Anyways, thank you for the suggestion :)
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Don't overthink your step count—it's only a metric. All that matters is the accuracy of your UP total burn (TDEE).

Trust your adjustments for several weeks, then reevaluate your progress.
  • jezzy32908
    jezzy32908 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    O have had mine for 3 days and the firat night I didnt put it in sleep mode and the next morning when I plugged it in to my phone it had recorded my sleep on its own. Last night I put it in sleep mode when I went to bed and it recorded 10 mins of sleep then went to daytime mode by itself? So now im not sure if I shud just not change the modes at all or still try. I worked out my first day with it and didnt use the stopwatch mode and it still recorded my workout too. I have the plug in model. I decided to get the cheaper model first as I waant sure if I wud lile it cuz I dnt know anyone else with one.