I Threw Away Perfectly Good Fries

Options
So last night my fiancé decided to make meatloaf which is usually pretty good. Not this time. It was horrible and neither of us wanted to eat it. It was already 8pm and we have a show to watch at 9 so we decided to go to McDonald's (I know not the best choice). I only got chicken nuggets and he got double cheeseburgers with no buns (which he said were great). For some reason, even though I didn't order it, they gave me a small fry with my nuggets. I stared at them in the bad and said, "Whyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!" It hurt my soul but I threw them on the grass for birds to eat when I got home. How could they do this to me?!

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    I have carbivores to give mine to, but I feel you. Good for you! I had to hand fries back to my littlest in the car by twos the other day. Didn't eat any, but you bet I licked my fingers. LOL!
  • sandyyb1
    sandyyb1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I FEEL your pain!!!! Every single time I make fries for the family, the left over ones scream at me..... I usually give them to the dog. :)
  • CoinOperatedKitten
    CoinOperatedKitten Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    I have carbivores to give mine to, but I feel you. Good for you! I had to hand fries back to my littlest in the car by twos the other day. Didn't eat any, but you bet I licked my fingers. LOL!

Lol!!!! I did eat one. Just one.
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Ate at Outback last night for dinner. On Sunday's they do this three course meal thing and you get dessert. I specifically asked the waitress if what I ordered came with dessert and she said no. WOOT! I think it surprised her LOL.

Wrong.... Apparently it did. She came back later and said I was getting dessert but she could box it up so I didn't have to see it. So I had to take carrot cake home, knowing it was in the car, and sitting there calling me.....

Thankfully my dad was there and he ate it before I could be farther tempted. McDonald's french fries? I don't think I'd be strong enough, even stopping with just one! GRATS!
  • CoinOperatedKitten
    Options
    Ate at Outback last night for dinner. On Sunday's they do this three course meal thing and you get dessert. I specifically asked the waitress if what I ordered came with dessert and she said no. WOOT! I think it surprised her LOL.

Wrong.... Apparently it did. She came back later and said I was getting dessert but she could box it up so I didn't have to see it. So I had to take carrot cake home, knowing it was in the car, and sitting there calling me.....

Thankfully my dad was there and he ate it before I could be farther tempted. McDonald's french fries? I don't think I'd be strong enough, even stopping with just one! GRATS!

Carrot cake?! Ah!!! Good job that is really hard.

I've been wanting to try Outback....is that bloomin' onion thing low carb? Lol.
  • greenautumn17
    greenautumn17 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    It hurt my soul but I threw them on the grass for birds to eat when I got home. How could they do this to me?!

Oh why are you trying to kill the poor birds! LOL! :wink:
    sandyyb1 wrote: »
    I FEEL your pain!!!! Every single time I make fries for the family, the left over ones scream at me..... I usually give them to the dog. :)

And your poor dog, too!
    Seriously, fries are not good for anybody.
    (They may taste great, but the nutrition value is super low and they are fried -usually- in an oil that is not good for us)

Anyway, congrats OP on avoiding them. :smile:
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options

No. It's a battered onion. Delicious but gonna give you a carb coma just looking at it. One-sixth of it is 20g by itself. I order a steak and salad.
    Even the wings have a bit of carbs, but they aren't as carb-expensive. They have their nutrition info on their site if you want to pre-plan. I always recommend pre-planning for restaurants.
  • CoinOperatedKitten
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »

No. It's a battered onion. Delicious but gonna give you a carb coma just looking at it. One-sixth of it is 20g by itself. I order a steak and salad.
    Even the wings have a bit of carbs, but they aren't as carb-expensive. They have their nutrition info on their site if you want to pre-plan. I always recommend pre-planning for restaurants.

Oh darn :(

So they also just opened up a Culver's here and I wanted to go so bad! I was ready to go too, but my fiancé put his foot down. I haven't had it in about 4 years since moving to Florida from Michigan. What do you guys do about cheating? Do you allow it at all? Do you do any special prep/afterwards things to allow yourself to cheat and then get back to it? I know I don't have to cheat and I haven't really done it besides a couple TINY things but going to Culver's would be big.

• chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I had the prime rib and lobster tail with steamed broccoli and a house salad. My dad wanted a bloomin' onion and thank god he didn't order it. I love those things, but most definitely NOT LC/keto. I could consume a half one by myself a month ago.

But had prime rib leftover for breakfast, which was awesome. So they can keep their bloomin' onions!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I ate one french fry last weekend, and it tasted like sawdust. Don't miss them. Now, sweet potato fries, those I can't resist.
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    So last night my fiancé decided to make meatloaf which is usually pretty good. Not this time. It was horrible and neither of us wanted to eat it. It was already 8pm and we have a show to watch at 9 so we decided to go to McDonald's (I know not the best choice). I only got chicken nuggets and he got double cheeseburgers with no buns (which he said were great). For some reason, even though I didn't order it, they gave me a small fry with my nuggets. I stared at them in the bad and said, "Whyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!" It hurt my soul but I threw them on the grass for birds to eat when I got home. How could they do this to me?!

This could a tipping point, you are now realizing that your health is more important than bad food choices and gaining weight. Mark that day on your calendar and celebrate the anniversaries... keep it up!

I hope this helps,
    Dan the Man from Michigan
    Keto / IF / Sedentary
    93 pounds down, 31 to go.
    Previous Discussions on the LCD & Keto Groups
    DittoDan's Keto Sub Groups Blog
    It's Ketogenic or Bariatric Surgery! How I Found the Ketogenic Diet
    Blog #10 Keto: Abbreviations, Acronyms & Terminology Used on the LCD & Keto Discussion Groups Updated
    Blog #13 DittoDan's Milestone's, First's And Good Changes Since Starting the Ketogenic Diet Updated
    DittoDan's Keto Blogs
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    deksgrl wrote: »
    I ate one french fry last weekend, and it tasted like sawdust. Don't miss them. Now, sweet potato fries, those I can't resist.

I haven't tried french fries recently aside from a single curly fry several months ago, but I made the mistake of eating one of the homemade potato wedges I made for my fiance (to check seasoning level and doneness), but they were tiny, like 1.5" diameter red and white potatoes (from the farmer's market nonetheless!) cut into at least 8 wedges per potato...but OMG, they were so tasty. Could have just been the seasoning, but that and the planned 1/4 cup of mashed potatoes I had on my birthday meal (also homemade with cream and butter) have let me know that I'm not anywhere close to adding potatoes back in, even in tiny doses!
  • CoinOperatedKitten
    Options
    I knooooow. Potatoes are so good :(