July 20, Day 8

Options
KarenZen
KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
Good morning, gang!

I'm on a mission today, determined to finish STRONG. 3 days of this challenge left, and I'm going to make the most of them.

Right after I sleep for another hour. hahaha.

K.

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    As I'm fond of saying, today is an "I couldn't possibly care less" kind of day. I'm hoping it gets better, but I had kind of a rough/down weekend, and I'm back up to the heaviest weight I've been in months, though I know a good portion of it is water weight, and maybe a bit due to hormonal fluctuations since I'm spotting YET AGAIN... Regardless, I'm doing a mental regroup today and this week. We shall see how it goes. I can tell something is off, because my mental self-speak is very negatively geared to "everything is hopeless" kind of crap, which is a portion of the emotional hormonal imbalance indicator too.

I slept like absolute rubbish, so I'm hoping the caffeine/B-vitamins/coconut oil combination this morning restores whatever is OFF in my system at the moment. Hope everyone else's Monday is better!
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Carly, I sent you a private message. Hope that helps.

To the rest of you--get up and shake your groove thing--we have many pounds to lose this month!

Swim today, eating clean, 4 hours of writing--that's my plan. If you're good, I'll share a bit of "Bigfoot Made Me Scream" later. You'll need ice water... it's pretty hot.

K.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Karen, you totally crack me up... I need to do something. I wanted to go for a walk, but it's already in the 90's here, and I don't want to go for a walk in that. I'd sweat so bad I would need a shower before coming back to work! I'll keep an eye out for that PM.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    svrhk6ejvzw6.jpg

Here's your happy baby pic of the day. Eliza had her shots today but took them in stride.
  • KarenZen
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Aaaarrgghhhhh!!!!

This day is NOT going as planned. I've wasted 2 hours looking for a file I need so that Jim and I can talk to the IRS YET AGAIN about a $4800 tax mistake that THEY MADE and we are trying to correct. Did you know the IRS can just take money out of your checking account? Why YES, yes they can!

Another hour wasted because my stupid sciatic nerve demanded more ice packs. Seriously, I'm ready for amputation now.

And I am fighting and fighting sugar cravings like a maniac today. NO idea what triggered them unless it was just the perfect storm of taking my prednisone dose on top of IRS stress on top of nerve pain.

My first impulse is to just give in and go get something sweet, but I think I'll shelve that, make myself a latte with a little cinnamon and unsweetened cocoa on top, and take my laptop out to my screened-in studio for some writing.

Yes, Karen... just because you have a craving doesn't mean you need to ACT on it. A craving will not kill you.

Some day, maybe some day soon, I will have a day when I'm not stressed about money, especially endless medical bills, and when I can walk across a room without crutches and horrifying pain. And maybe I'll have more than one day... maybe a week or a month or a year. And I'll have challenging student papers to grade because I'm teaching again. And Skippy McGrape's dad is getting counseling for his alcohol addiction. And Jim's brother gives back the family money he stole. And Bigfoot Made Me Scream sells a million copies so I sponsor a month-long MOBO MOTO retreat (with free child and pet care and your salaries paid double) on a tropical island where trainers massage our fat away.

Really, is that too much to ask?

What are the rest of you doing today?

Xxoo
    K.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    I'm sitting here finally starting to feel human again. Don't know if it was carb creep, too little water, lowered vitamins, or what, but I'm so much better today now finally.

For me, it's the stress thing that triggers cravings, because my body wants to soothe the problem, and that's how I've always done it. If the craving becomes overwhelming and/or I'm legit hungry, I feed it with fat first, see if my body just got its wires crossed. Happens alot.

My idea of a stress free day is after I'm gone. I have to figure out how to live with it now.

And that sucks about the IRS. But yeah, if you've given them your checking account info for a refund, they can take it for a bill. I don't know how they can get away with it, but they do....

Sending you calming hugs!
  • ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I had myself a fantastic weekend. I was able to play tennis, go to some estates sales, go to a musical and hang out with my adorable nieces. 0gwx9z1a4f96.jpg
    I have taken the rest of the week off from work. I am going to do a lot of yard work and I am also going to be doing some work for a huge rodeo out here most of the week. You may not here much from me because of this, but I will do my best to appear at least a little bit.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Great photo, Zac! Sounds like you're having a wonderful summer full of activities.

Check back in when you can!

K.

• KarenZen
    Options
    Well... end of day here. Did okay on goals.

I know you are all dying for an excerpt from the Bigfoot erotic novel, but honestly I don't think I can post it here without being thrown off MFP, LOL! I don't even think I can send any of it to you privately because, again honestly, I'm completely embarrassed that I've written it. I'm not embarrassed by the quality of the writing--I actually have some talent--but none of my other work has involved this much wild sex, and especially not of the Bigfoot kind. When it's finished and on Amazon, I'll send you a link so you can all download it to your Kindles for $1.99!

I'm pretty pleased that I'm working on it every day, though, and hope to be finished by the end of August. This would probably make Jim VERY happy as I have been promising the "Bigfoot Erotic Novel" millions for a year but haven't been doing any actual writing!

Nancy, are you out of the hospital yet??? I hope so!

Everyone else... chime in! We'll be gearing up for another challenge very shortly, and I'm open to any and all ideas about what that should look like. I'm thinking of boot camping myself for the last seven days of July. I don't think I can do a long boot camp, but I'd like to end the month on a high note, push myself to do more.

xxoo
    K.