Please help

Options
Boskind27
Boskind27 Posts: 8 Member
hello

I am so confused with diets... low fat... no fat... high fat....

Do you clean eaters do fat free milk or full fat?

Do you eat oats and Rye/sourdough bread or are these unhealthy starches?

Replies

• BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Uhm... well everyone is different and I am probably not the best example because I don't eat quite enough but.. My nutrition consists of high protein, high fat and low carbs (carbs mainly from veggies). Aside from maybe once or twice a month I don't eat any grains of any kind.

It really all depends upon your goals. What do you want to achieve with your nutrition plan? Are you trying to lose weight/fat? maintain? just eat healthier? Do you exercise? lift weights?
  • javakitty
    javakitty Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I eat sourdough bread about twice a month. I try to get most of my carbs from fruits and vegetables.
  • rendress269
    rendress269 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey, there are various degrees of clean eaters on this forum. Personally, when I use milk, I use full fat. This is true of most dairy products I buy...cheese, cottage cheese, yogurts, etc. I do use unsweetened almond milk in my oatmeal (I prefer steelcut ).

As for breads, we try to limit our carbs ( mostly because I'm a bread addict!!) Moderation is your friend;)

As for diet options, we've been eating clean, controlling our food portions and trying to incorporate exercise. I do spend a lot of time planning meals. If I don't, I find myself making poor choices.

Best wishes!
  • Furbuster
    Furbuster Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    As rendress269 said people here are all subtley different (which is a good thing) but with a common goal.

I myself drink soya and oat milk but if I did drink cows milk it would be semi skimmed. Only because I drink a lot of milk and I would get huge on full fat. I prefer full fat milk :)

For my fats I eat a lot of nuts and use oils in cooking. With avocado and banana too. I don't really think how much fat I'm eating as most of it comes from plants so doesn't bother me if it's a lot. It's filling :)

With starches I eat them all - I eat wholegrain and spuds. Again I don't really think about it - I just eat them :)
  • LuanaBean
    LuanaBean Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Low fat labelled foods are more highly processed than full fat. That's why I eat full fat versions. For me, I eat some dairy (cheese and yogurt), but I use almond milk for smoothies, oatmeal and for cooking.
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    As everyone has mentioned so far, clean eating is defined differently for almost everyone. Each individual also has different goals, health requirements and beliefs. Generally speaking though, clean eating is loosely defined as "close to nature as possible" which means avoiding processed foods like "low fat labels" to some degree or another. The rest of each person's definition of clean eating depends on how it aligns with the other factors of their health, beliefs, lifestyle etc.

For me, I have no sensitivities to dairy etc., but I feel better if I limit the number of carbohydrates I eat rather than concentrating solely on calorie in/calorie out. I try to keep processed foods to a minimum and/or containing an pronounceable ingredient list of 5 ingredients or less.
  • PenniPresutti
    PenniPresutti Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My preference is no milk considering 99% of it is full of toxins. Buy a clean almond milk where the ingredients are just almonds. Any other dairy that you must have should again be free of rBHT, antibiotics, etc. A few videos of people pumping live and dead animals with all of these chemicals will (and would hope) start to remind you that what they're pumping in is going straight into your body.