New to fitbit

Options
antmcd13
antmcd13 Posts: 23 Member
edited July 2015 in Social Groups
Hi, I have been using my fitbit HR for 2 days now and must say I love it. I have researched alot of what has been written on here, whilst most of it has been brilliant help, I've somehow managed to confuse my self! (Which isn't that difficult)

So I have linked my fitbit to MFP as well as MAP MY RIDE ect. I have changed my dairy on MFP to Enable negative calorie adjustments also changed my exercise on MFP to sedentary .

Is this correct? I will continue to log all food through MFP, let fitbit count my steps walking and running, then use map my ride or map my fitness for swimming ect.

Then, once synced, all my extra earned calories show up in MFP. only thing is my daily calorie goal is just over 1200. This doesn't seem enough, or will this change as the day goes on?

I don't normally exercise to earn extra food as I need to loose Wright. I normally stick with my goal no matter how many extra I earn.

Can anyone help me please, I'd love to hear if what I'm doing is correct?

Thank you ☺

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Set your goal to .5 lb. for every 25 lbs. you're overweight: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided

Since you've enabled negative calorie adjustments, you can increase your activity level if you're not actually sedentary. You'll start with more calories but get smaller adjustments.
  • antmcd13
    Options
    OK so as I need to loose 19 lb I need to set my weekly weight loss goal to 0.5 lb ?

Then as my fitbit sends it's adjustment calories I've burnt to MFP, I can eat into them and still loose weight?

Is that correct?

Thankyou
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    antmcd13 wrote: »
    OK so as I need to lose 19 lb I need to set my weekly weight loss goal to 0.5 lb?

Then as my fitbit sends its adjustment calories I've burnt to MFP, I can eat into them and still lose weight?

Is that correct?

Yes. With negative calorie adjustments enabled, eating back your adjustments means you're eating TDEE minus deficit. If, that is, you're logging everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly.
  • antmcd13
    Options
    Ideal thankyou for taking the time to help me :)