I was doing so good!

Options
jrp29646
jrp29646 Posts: 43 Member
I've lost 20 lbs so far, and I was doing well, and then I gave into temptation this morning and at an old-fashioned glazed donut from Starbucks. 480 calories! Aaaggghh! At least they're so expensive I can't afford more than one at a time.

Replies

• evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Next time plan your indulgence! No guilt no deprivation...plan the fun foods you are missing! Also....make sure its worth the indulgence....mske it mind blowingly good...if its not its not worth indulging in!
  • shedthesweater
    shedthesweater Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Get to the gym, work off the calories, and only look forward, it's going to be OK! now you know.
  • 1Ginabb
    1Ginabb Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    lol. Move on! I cheated my whole week of vacation. I planned my week that I would eat NS for breakfast and lunch....the first day we stopped at Old Mill in Gatlinburg for fried eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy and hashbrown potatoes...it was done then. The remainder of the week I ate Popeye's, Krystal Burger, Church's Chicken and waffles, and several private rib and chicken joints in Memphis. Oh, let's not forget the dozen krispy Kreme's that I helped finish. I gained 4.6lbs. I started back with NS on Monday I am down 2.8lbs of it. I feel I can get the remainder off by Sunday. So it was a week for a week, but it was worth it. I lived life. You can't deprive yourself for the rest of your life. Think of this as a life style change, you will have days when you eat something a little higher in cals and not so good for you, but that doesn't define when you eat all the time.
  • rlhealey
    rlhealey Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    The best thing about this plan is that each day you wake up to new beginning. Make today a good one!
  • chwomack53
    chwomack53 Posts: 93 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    1Ginabb wrote: »
    lol. Move on! I cheated my whole week of vacation. I planned my week that I would eat NS for breakfast and lunch....the first day we stopped at Old Mill in Gatlinburg for fried eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy and hashbrown potatoes...it was done then. The remainder of the week I ate Popeye's, Krystal Burger, Church's Chicken and waffles, and several private rib and chicken joints in Memphis. Oh, let's not forget the dozen krispy Kreme's that I helped finish. I gained 4.6lbs. I started back with NS on Monday I am down 2.8lbs of it. I feel I can get the remainder off by Sunday. So it was a week for a week, but it was worth it. I lived life. You can't deprive yourself for the rest of your life. Think of this as a life style change, you will have days when you eat something a little higher in cals and not so good for you, but that doesn't define when you eat all the time.

Gina hit this on the head. Great Post. Our lives are full time. It is how we view the big picture and not just the few times we really enjoy ourselves. Thanks Gina for your insight.
  • 1Ginabb
    Options
    chwomack53 wrote: »
    1Ginabb wrote: »

Gina hit this on the head. Great Post. Our lives are full time. It is how we view the big picture and not just the few times we really enjoy ourselves. Thanks Gina for your insight.

Thanks! I did get the remainder of the weight off, and I have lost an additional pound. With that being said, I enjoyed a slice of cherry cheese cake and hamburger at a family BBQ this past weekend.
  • 1Ginabb
    Options
    rlhealey wrote: »
    The best thing about this plan is that each day you wake up to new beginning. Make today a good one!

Now that is a great quote!