07.21.2015- I'm back

Options
carimiller7391
carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
OMG.... Vegas was amazing and amazingly HOT as fish grease. I had the very best time. Met lots of new people and got to see many old friends. I did some shopping, got to see the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, lots of sights on the Vegas strip itself. I walked probably 3-5 miles every day. I know that doesn't seem like much walking, but.... with a bad back, that was hellish in itself.

I didn't follow thru as much as I had hoped for on my WOE. Mostly because after Tuesday, we didn't leave the hotel much. The food options at the hotel were not great. There was an Italian place, a Cantina, and a diner. I also managed to drink like a fish (alcohol that is).... I am SOOOOO puffy right now, you could pop me with a pin. LOL. My feet don't fit in my sneakers right now. Goodness, I need a vacation from my vacation.

I am drinking as much water with lemon as possible right now.... (natural diuretic to pull off the excess fluid) and also drinking my regular water mix ins also. I truly am shocked I am not dehydrated at this point for lack of fluid on vacation.

I am please to say that my depressive episode is completely gone. I am feeling AWESOME again... a bit tired from lack of sleep on vacation, but truly awesome and back to normal. I see my psychiatrist this evening to check in....after the appointment, I am going to the grocery store to get foods to get me started on my LCHFMP plan. I am starting tomorrow. I am lowering my carbs to 50g a day and working down from there until I hit KETO. I am excited to start this new WOE. Excited..... NEW word for me. At least in the last few months. If nothing else, I am truly looking forward to getting rid of the puffiness.

I will be catching up on the post very soon!!

Lots of love

Replies

• KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, Cari!

I'm thrilled you had such a great time in Vegas. Sounds wonderful!

Also thrilled that your depression has lifted and you're feeling motivated. Depression SUCKS!!!

Xxoo
    K
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Cari! So happy you had a great time! Two December's ago I drove my two friends from northern Arizona to Vegas and we made a stop at the Hoover Dam. Really neat! Did you manage any shopping in at the Outlet malls both north and south of the city?
    Also happy to hear your depression has lifted......so pay close attention if anything triggers another onset! You can do this!
    Xoxo
    Nancy
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I say that sometimes we have to nourish the soul to get us back on track, and it sounds like you did that fabulously, and are back swinging and ready to kick some fat to the curb! Rock on. I've got a big ol' grin just from how much fun you had! :)
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Nancy, we shopped but I don't think it was outlets. We shopped on Freemont street and in some shops by the Flamingo .. (I think it was near the Flamingo)....I too am so glad that the depression is gone. My doc seems to believe that I was not aborbing the anti depressants correctly since gastric bypass and it finally caught up with me causing the depressive episode. Now, I just take a slightly higher dose (375 mg instead of 300mg) and take it as 4 individual doses throughout the day, usually 2-3 hours apart. I also added my Vitamin D3 and B12 back in which has provided a kick in the energy department.

Carly, fun isn't the word for it.... I don't even know what word to use. I got to see friends from around the globe. I got to reconnect with friends I haven't seen in 3-4 years and others I had seen in May. You are so right, I did need to nourish the soul. Get some definite me time. I am ready to kick ALL the fat to the curb.