Weigh In!

12346»

Replies

• WannaBeCroft
    WannaBeCroft Posts: 94 Member
    So, I hopped on the scale the morning after returning from a week away for work and read 146.9. I posted on my page about hoping that some of it was water weight from the salty food (Southern German food I find relatively salty compared to what I make at home). I did a lot of walking but not a lot of working out -- only ran once, didn't do anythign else -- and I ate out every meal. Hard to avoid when you're working late and on the road without any sort of preparation spaces in your room. I was expectign some weight gain.

I repeated the weigh in the next weekend day and was 145.2. This morning it was still 145.2, so I'm going with that. Prior to travel I was 145.3, so I'll call that a wash.
  • chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    So, I hopped on the scale the morning after returning from a week away for work and read 146.9. I posted on my page about hoping that some of it was water weight from the salty food (Southern German food I find relatively salty compared to what I make at home). I did a lot of walking but not a lot of working out -- only ran once, didn't do anythign else -- and I ate out every meal. Hard to avoid when you're working late and on the road without any sort of preparation spaces in your room. I was expectign some weight gain.

I repeated the weigh in the next weekend day and was 145.2. This morning it was still 145.2, so I'm going with that. Prior to travel I was 145.3, so I'll call that a wash.

That sounds about right! Probably the extra sodium(I went off track last week, ate more saltier than usual, shot up to 200, this morning weighing in at 193.6. Good losses this week!)
  • blitzbis
    blitzbis Posts: 366 Member
    I don't even want to describe my weekend. But the food was delicious. I did exercise both days and tracked all the food, but talk about sodium. Returning to normal today and doing another cleanse to get some of that salt and caffeine out of my system.
  • chubbard9
    5.6lb loss since last Tuesday(which was a gain from the week prior) but I know that my loss was mainly due to my TOM creeping up on me! Hopefully I stay here or drop next week-no expectations!

I have been exercising a little differently lately, more random activity(went hiking for the first time in years on Sunday, and planning on going again this afternoon!)

Hope you all have success these coming weeks! Keep up the hard work!!! :)
  • blitzbis
    Ilk. Another week with a slight gain. I know it's not much and I expected it, but still kind of sticks you in the gut.
    So, today's weight is 251.6
  • chubbard9
    Aw :( Sorry hun!!! I really wish you would get out of those 250s! You've been so waiting for the 240s to stick!!!

I just wanted to share my progress picture-This is February 17(top) to today, July 22(bottom).

PicMonkey%20Collage.jpg
    I can't believe I ever tried wearing that shirt in public!!! It looked absolutely TERRIBLE on me! :/
  • blitzbis
    These pics really show how hard you have been working. I also have found pics of myself and I wondered what was I thinking.
    Of course I see pictures of me in "good clothes" and wonder what was I thinking in letting myself get so big.
  • chubbard9
    blitzbis wrote: »
    These pics really show how hard you have been working. I also have found pics of myself and I wondered what was I thinking.
    Of course I see pictures of me in "good clothes" and wonder what was I thinking in letting myself get so big.

I hear you! I was just so miserable that I had to change! Unfortunately I didnt see how huge I appeared!
  • blitzbis
    I think I have the opposite of anorexia. I see myself and thinner than I really am. (Maybe I should put more mirrors in my house)
  • chubbard9
    I think I have the opposite of anorexia. I see myself and thinner than I really am. (Maybe I should put more mirrors in my house)

Lol! I wish I was lil that sometimes!
  • WannaBeCroft

I have residual workout amnesia -- I see myself as more fit/active than I am.

I forget that I'm not currently working out like I was once occasionally and do 2 silly things as a consequence: 1) eat like I'm still running 6-8 miles a day, 4 days a week, and having a long 12+mile run on the weekend; 2) think I still have the physical capability to do some of my old favorite workouts like the dirty dozen track workout. The dirty dozen=12 laps composed of 1/2 mile jog-warmup, 1 mile of sprint 100, jog 100; 1 mile of mixed 100s like walking lunges, grapevine, skips, high-knees etc, 1/2 mile jog cool down.

So when I have residual workout amnesia episodes, it presents itself as either thinking I can eat way more than I can to maintain/lose or vastly overestimate my physical capability and shuffle around VERY sore the next 2 days.
  • blitzbis
    It is interesting how our psyche as well as perhaps some magical thinking allows us to get ourselves into trouble. Working out has been my downfall lately. Just can't seem to get my motivation up again. However, I"m determined to use the gym at the hospital when I get there.
  • WannaBeCroft
    Just can't seem to get my motivation up again. However, I"m determined to use the gym at the hospital when I get there.

You can do it! I find leaving my gym bag in sight of the door when leaving to to be a useful trick in reminding myself to go.
  • blitzbis
    well, i did it. I didn't use the fitness center, but chose to park my car at the end of the parking lot and then proceeded to walk (OUTSIDE in the Texas heat on pavement). Thankfully there was a bit of a breeze.