200 to go but I can do it!

Options
AmandaMcEvoy1
AmandaMcEvoy1 Posts: 18 Member
Hi all! I'm one month in to trying to get healthy.... So far I have changed how and what I eat, go to aquafit 5 times a week, and tomorrow go to yoga for the first time! In 40 days I have lost 15 lbs.

I'm starting to slip a bit though so I'm trying to recommit to being healthy.

I'd be happy to hear any tips on how to stay commited and active

Thx
A

Replies

• Miss_Mania
    Miss_Mania Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! Well done on your loss so far!! Also exercising as often as you do!! I started off committing to exercising 5 days a week and it's been something that has stuck with my journey throughout. My advice depends on what you mean by slipping? If it's nutrition related and you're finding it hard to stick to - it might be time to reassess your diet needs. If you're over eating I would suggest eating more protein to keep you satiated. Listen to your body. However you have done well so far!! You know what you are doing and what needs to get done to continue on your journey - just believe in yourself!!

My motivation came from seeing the scale go down. I weigh in daily to keep myself accountable but I know this can deter some people. I record my progress on the calendar and I check in monthly with everyone on my facebook. I made myself publicly accountable so I felt the pressure to keep at it. I also knew it would take 3 months for me to see a difference, so I said I've got nothing to lose (besides the weight lol) so I will do it for 3 months and see how far I get. You've lost 15 lbs in 40 days, imagine what you would have achieved in 2 months or 4?
  • cwms3rd
    cwms3rd Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You are doing a great job! We all slip every once in a while. This my third time on MPF.
  • SweetDesiderata
    SweetDesiderata Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I just started on MFP for the umpteenth time, so don't feel bad. I have been in it for 8 days now. Dont worry about little slips, they are going to happen. Just pick yourself up and move on :smile:
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Keep recommitting! A slip or fall is inevitable, keep developing your skills to recommit when they happen. Don't let a slip become a slide-- be honest (and non-judgemental) about what's happening so you can turn things around right away. One of the things I like best about this group is the weekly Accountability thread... A space for self-reflection with advice when needed!

And don't be afraid to experiment with other dieting options of the one you're on isn't working for you. Personally, I was very gradually losing weight (12 lb over a year or more) before I started a low-carb diet and then worked with a dietician to develop a low-carb eating plan specifically for my needs. Now the weight is dropping off and the hunger is minimal. When I stall out on this plan, I'll work with the dietician again to tweak it, I think, rather than hit my head against the wall during a plateau!

• leesamahree
    leesamahree Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome group of folks, I've learned first hand. Keep logging! And I think it is awesome that you are doing aquafit. I never knew that I could sweat so much during a water class lol.

Before you know it, the pounds will melt away and you will be writing to inspire others! :smiley:
  • AmandaMcEvoy1
    AmandaMcEvoy1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the positive feed back!

It is my eating that has been slipping.... Tomorrow I'm going to make an appointment with my dietitian..... Thanks for the tips