New here - think I may be undereating?

Options
BlondieBride
BlondieBride Posts: 63 Member
edited July 2015 in Social Groups
I am 26, 136lbs/21% body fat at 5'4, eat 1750 calories (fat loss calculation) and have lost around 2kg over the past few months (plus 4% body fat + inches). My weight loss has been stuck at 62kg for a few weeks now so a few weeks ago I decided to have a deload/rest week from lifting heavy weights. I ate at 1750 that week (sedentary calorie maintenance intake) and didn't exercise at all.

When I weighed myself at the end of the week I had actually lost weight (about 400g if I remember correctly). I thought this must have been water weight so I kept my calories the same and continued to exercise 5-6 days per week. My weight hasn't budged since. I feel constantly hungry and I don't know where to go from here. Do I up calories to say 1800-1900 and see what happens? I have been trying to lose weight and fat for our upcoming month long vacation. Suggestions?

Note: I did a bulk in December last year for 8 weeks and my maintenance then was around 2200-2300 calories.

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    5-6 days a week exercise, not really short, and maintenance was only 2200-2300 calories?

I'm surprised actually.

Were you make great improvements with the lifts during the bulk then?

So that low a bodyfat% already, are you actually attempting to lose weight, or lose fat and inches in certain spots?

You can't be attempting to lose that much weight anyway - so that around 500 cal deficit is likely very unreasonable.

Unless poor logging and eating more than you think is just luckily balancing out underestimating TDEE.

If you had been eating at that level with that amount of exercise for any decent period of time with no weight change - that is actually your TDEE, not higher.

I'd wager potential TDEE is of course higher, but suppressed TDEE is currently whatever amount you eat.
  • BlondieBride
    BlondieBride Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I was gaining on a bulk at 2500 calories exercising 4-5 days per week (weights) with no cardio. So my TDEE with my current exercise now would probably have been or could possibly be close to 2500 calories.

I made quite a bit of progress during my bulk and I have definitely lost body fat this time around, the weight however just isn't catching up. I have lost around 5lbs in 10 weeks and now I am completely stuck at 62kg (136lbs) and my weight won't budge. 135lb is my bodies 'happy weight' and I don't usually get below it unless I cut calories more than I am comfortable with (under 1700).

My body shape has changed a lot the past few weeks with me focusing on really heavy lifting with very low reps. Maybe I just need to throw the scale away and just keep at it! I would like to get to 18% body fat ideally and lose some more weight off my belly and booty.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    So if you did a good bulk and gained weight and muscle and fat - then wouldn't it stand to reason that 135 lbs is no longer your happy weight if trying to support more muscle, but what your body desires as a woman for bodyfat %.

How much did you gain in that 8 weeks eating 2200-2300 calories?
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Why are you stuck on your weight? Who cares if you lose weight as long as you keep losing fat? Sounds like you are already at a very healthy weight/body fat...what you are doing sounds like it's already worked well...why not keep at it?