Elaine Round Two AHA

Options
BikerGirlElaine
BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
I thought this group had died so I stopped visiting, but this week I did get my act together and have logged every damn thing since Tuesday. So today is Day 5.

I also hit my calories and macros within a few. I'm really happy with myself. Like someone said -- now comes the weekend. We're going riding today but I know where lunch will be and what I am going to have, so that's half the battle right there.

Replies

• 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Great going! I personally feel that out myself for a couple of days. But I'm back. This group is helping me be more and more accountable
  • 3foldchord
    Options
    **fizzled out***
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Glad you've been doing well without us but super glad you are back. You are most helpful and supportive. Happy riding!
  • BikerGirlElaine
    Options
    :smile: thanks guys! I did log everything yesterday and hit my goals.
  • judykat7
    Options
    Success! Off to ride my motorcycle this afternoon, shamefully the first time i have had it out this year.
  • 3foldchord
    Options
    :smile: thanks guys! I did log everything yesterday and hit my goals.

:smiley:
  • BikerGirlElaine
    Options
    Thank you both! I logged everything yesterday --we went to a BBQ so I had to guesstimate but I did it -- and I've now logged all of today, too. I'm a touch over today and was a couple of touches over yesterday, but definitely in a deficit.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    Options
    I'm up to 8 days of logging. I went over my goals for calories and fat yesterday, but still in a deficit. I also ended my counseling. So now I'm flying on my own -- I feel ready for this!
  • judykat7
    Options
    You are ready and we are beside you.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    judykat7 wrote: »

Ditto
  • 3foldchord
    Options
    judykat7 wrote: »

Ditto..ditto! You got this!
  • BikerGirlElaine
    Options
    OK, I went camping over the weekend and haven't checked in, but here is where I am at:

1. 13 days in a row of logging every morsel Booyah!
    2. Down 58 pounds since my all-time high weight
    3. Leaving for Sturgis in 5 days
    4. Happy as a clam!

Last week I definitely had a downward movement on my scale but since last Friday there is inconclusive evidence as to whether I am losing or not. I have a deficit in my logs, but the scale is the same/up a little bit.

I know this is silly in the big picture, but I want to lose 2 pounds of water weight before we leave. Just so that I can have reached the 60 pounds lost mark. Also! another 2 pounds will put me at my lowest weight since I began using MFP in Jan 2013. So it's generally just an all-around Big Deal.

For the next 4 days, I'll be at a pretty low calorie goal and low carbing it as well to see if I can feed my psyche this little tidbit before we leave.

No matter what happens, I plan to have a blast for two weeks then come back and get back to working on the next 40 pounds. My goal is to maintain my weight while we're gone. I don't drink alcohol and we'll be camping & cooking our breakfasts and some dinners. There's a swimming pool at the campground and I plan to walk or swim every morning to keep myself occupied while my old man sleeps in. That will probably add up to maintenance I think.

• judykat7
    Options
    I get the 2# thing. I wanted a new bicycle and told myself I would get it for my 50# gone reward. I had them hold it for 30 days and then husband insisted I bring it home and I still wouldn't ride it till I got past that 50# mark. I got there for one day I think and am still enjoying my bicycle. It isn't silly - its a goal. Drink lots of water - that should kick it down. Walking, kicking, swimming...will be great and good exercise. I thought I read before you use a fitbit, set a step goal and be determined about making it. You will be fine. Have a great time! I have always thought of going but never put it together yet. Will we hear from you while you are gone?
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    A morning swim sounds divine! Keep up the good work.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    Options
    Thanks JudyKat, I'm glad you don't think I'm crazy! I had a 'bad' day yesterday but I logged it all and my calories were at maintenance levels. When I don't eat as I planned, I always catastrophize it into thousands of calories. When I log it, I see that it really isn't that bad.

If you want to go to Sturgis, next year will be a low year, attendance-wise, so it would be a good choice. This year is the 75th and everyone and their brother is going -- they are expecting 1.2 million people. It will be a total zoo. Then next year there will be a lot less people. Every five years the crowds are bigger, then the following year is a lot smaller. I'd be happy to share where to stay, etc. if you want.

We stay in the middle of the Black Hills -- 30 min from Sturgis -- because we don't need to be right in the action any more. We've stayed at this campground before, but the swimming pool is a new feature, can't wait because it is heated salt water. WiFi connection should be decent there, so I'll be logging. I don't know about posting socially though. I try to disconnect as much as possible while I'm on vacation.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    Options
    Still good on logging. Was bad on meeting calorie goals though. Did better yesterday and fully intend to do better today.
  • judykat7
    Options
    Calorie goals are tough some days and other days it all just falls into place. Do better today and better tomorrow. Almost vaca time!