Options
2»

Replies

• hosek1
    hosek1 Posts: 3 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Normandy Blend Soup

This is the world's easiest soup and I feel great every time I have it.

Pour a bag of Birds Eye Normandy Blend frozen vegetables into a pot with one cup of water. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer on low heat for about 30 minutes. The vegetable should be quite soft. Cool a little then thoroughly blend it up with an immersion blender.

It sounds too easy to believe but that's all there is to it! It's good with no seasoning because you get the sweet taste of the vegetables. But if you want (and I do this too), make it with some low fat chicken broth instead of water, and/or add 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper, or to taste.

Note: Normandy Blend is a very large bag that I have found at Walmart and Meijer. It contains Broccoli, Cauliflower, Carrots, Zucchini, and Yellow Squash.
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Birds-Eye-Normandy-Blend-72-Oz/11047233

I figure out the calories per cup for soup by adding up the total amount of calories in a recipe and dividing it by the number of cups it makes. That means I have to count out the number of cups of soup a recipe made by measuring it into another pot. Fortunately this only takes a few minutes. I wish I had the number of calories per cup for this recipe but I can't find it.
  • computer4
    computer4 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say Hi as I have joined this group today.
  • Linda_10
    Linda_10 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,New to the group too. Thanks for all your ideas.